Chennai Jan interviews

Response from Consulate

I had sent them and email on Dec 3rd and recd the reply on Dec 5th. I had asked them If I should take my US born daughter along with me for the Interview and they got back saying No, Not necesary.

Email response from Chennai

I got the response on 12/03.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2001 1:12 AM
To: ChennaiIV@state.gov
Subject: RE: CASE Information for MDR200176****

Thank you very much for your prompt response.
Given the fact that my CP interview will be in 2002 and that neither my wife nor I have stayed in any country other than India or USA for more than 6 months, do we need to get Police Clearance Certificate from India?

Many thanks in advance for your time,

Superman Doctors..

I sure am planning on going to Dr. Vijaya Laxmi (and not Mathai) after hearing so much about her in this forum. But I\'m curious to know all the names on the panel.

I\'ll second that

I was very specific in my case (EB, only US and India, have visited other countries max 2 weeks). And the answer was no.

No Title

Now this baffles me! My P3 was delivered at Chennai on 10/15/2001 by Fedex, entered into system on 10/29/2001. I was hoping for a december interview. I did not get it.

To my query yesterday regarding the interview date, I get a response that interview likely in February. Now how is that 8-10 weeks from date of receipt/entry. I am just hoping that the person is wrong and does not have enough information about my case when replying.

To my other question they indicate that PCC is not required.

Jan 2002 ?

hi gc_hopeful2000 ,

Mine is also simillar to yours. I also missed the Dec and I was very confident that it will be in Jan 2002. I believe the person who replied you did not have much information about the interviews. Hope we will get it this time...

Thanks

gc_hopeful2000

The exact same thing happened to me and two others on this post, and then when I called them also, I wouldnt get a clear reply.

gc_hopefull/aishri/gabbar, You will get Jan. Disregard the messages. Just wait for 1 wk.

This confusion happened in last month too. Strictly follow that If you case is entered by Nov.20th, you will get Jan. Interview. Don\'t worry about that.

Same e-mail response, Interview in Feb

I sent e-mail on Dec3 regarding my interview date and sending pk4 to local address. Guess what same msg as you guys: Apponitment likely in Feb and Pk4 will be sent to local address. This is not good.
My pk4 reached on 10/22, entered on Nov2.

gc_hopeful, gabbar, aishri

Did you guys actually ask for the date when your case was entered in the Consulate?
I remember, in NVC once when I called them and they could identify my case and that led me to think that they have entered my case. But as things got delayed, I called them again only to find out that they entered my case 2-3 weeks after the date I thought they should have entered.

tanani

I dont know the date they entered, but this is not NVC, chennai consulate confirmed to me around Nov 5 that they had received my forms, so I assume they confirm only when they have entered it in their systems. Per FedEX the received my forms on Oct-29th.

expecting a Jan date.

Chennai mailed me saying they recd the P3 on the 16th of Nov. I think they entered it in the system on the 15th. Hearing all of what you guys are saying, i am not sure anymore if i can get a Jan interview date. Well frankly i dunno who will.
What are my chances at this point for a Jan interview?
Any clarifications?
Thanx