Charlotte Office tracker..thru USC marriage

ari4u said:
Why dont you want to disclose that you have a daughter? You will definitely be questioned about this during the interview as you seem to be hiding something. A child born to you and your wife from this current marriage is the strongest proof you can present to the officer at the interview to prove that your marriage is bonafide and is not to evade immigration laws.

I think you must have misunderstood me or maybe my question is not all that clear .

I wanted to enclosed that we have a daughter, but didnt think of it until the package were mailed out. I was so worried when compiling the package that I have everything, signed, proper fees, I checked and checked five times and make sure I had everything and by following exactly all the proofs and documents the application required, it slip my mind about my daughter's birth certificate.

I did disclose my daughter's name in the form I-485 though. You think that might be sufficient until the interview and I can show them the birth certificate ?

Since I have been married for more than 2 years, do I still have to go thru the conditional GC procedure or will I get the regurlar GC ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
toro168 said:
I think you must have misunderstood me or maybe my question is not all that clear .

I wanted to enclosed that we have a daughter, but didnt think of it until the package were mailed out. I was so worried when compiling the package that I have everything, signed, proper fees, I checked and checked five times and make sure I had everything and by following exactly all the proofs and documents the application required, it slip my mind about my daughter's birth certificate.

I did disclose my daughter's name in the form I-485 though. You think that might be sufficient until the interview and I can show them the birth certificate ?

Since I have been married for more than 2 years, do I still have to go thru the conditional GC procedure or will I get the regurlar GC ?

Thanks

Your initial post was not complete and was subjected to interpretation in several ways.

Anyways, you cant do much now except deal with the officer during the interview as this question would definitely be asked. I cant tell you if there would be a problem but you have to convince the officer as to how you failed to mention on the form the fact you had a child from this marriage. Good Luck.

ari4u said:
I cant tell you if there would be a problem but you have to convince the officer as to how you failed to mention on the form the fact you had a child from this marriage. Good Luck.

I did mention it in the form 485, my daughter's name, date of birth and so forth.
Hopefully it wont be too much of a problem..

toro168 said:
I did mention it in the form 485, my daughter's name, date of birth and so forth.

Well, you cant do much now. I dont think you would get an RFE for this, but take your daughter's birth certificate to the interview as there is a pretty high chance it would be asked for.

toro168 said:

Hi Toro168,
Don;t worry I don;t think it would be a problem at all, make sure to carry the B.certificate with you at the time of the interview though.
Today we mailed I-485 for my husband. Our District office is Charlotte as well.
Looks like ours priority dates are gonna be a week apart or so.
Lets keep in touch with each other regarding any correspondence from USCIS.
What do you say???
Thanks

That would be great

Hi Ip_everywhere,

That would be great, that way we know how long it takes for it to be processed.

This morning when I checked my online banking and realized that the checks had been posted, so I should be getting a NOA soon.

Good luck to you.

Interview experience

Hi All,
Had my interview on 02/23/06 in the Charlotte, NC DO.

The interview was scheduled for 10:30 and they called us in at around 11:15 or so. The interviewer just wanted to see a few things..my childs birth certificate, Deed to our house, 2005 W-2 (He wanted the tax return but we have not yet filed our taxes), Recent paystubs (wanted employment letter but did not have it).
He did not ask us any other questions on how we met or anything else along those lines...I guess, the baby and house was proof enough.

Final result...well, name check pending! And to confuse matters a bit further, the online status says that the interview has been canceled and will be reschduled later! Hope that it is only a glich

hi ageorge,

congratulations on your interview.

sorry to hear about your pending name check and the status online, i hope it is a glitch,
good luck

toro168 said:
Hi ageorge,

Congrats on the interview and sorry to hear about the problem you are having., hope everything turns out fine.

Hey,
Its a rather dumb question, But I saw you got NOA on 2/24/06. Could you tell me what do you mean by NOA????
Thanks

NOA is your I 797C, NOA = Notice of Action

Once you get that you will have your receipt number, the one that starts with MSC XXXXXXXXX and you can use that number to track the progress of your case.

toro168 said:
NOA is your I 797C, NOA = Notice of Action

Once you get that you will have your receipt number, the one that starts with MSC XXXXXXXXX and you can use that number to track the progress of your case.

THanks for your prompt reply. Good to know that you get your recipt no in less than 10 days of filing.

ageorge said:
Hi All,

The interview was scheduled for 10:30 and they called us in at around 11:15 or so. The interviewer just wanted to see a few things..my childs birth certificate, Deed to our house, 2005 W-2 (He wanted the tax return but we have not yet filed our taxes), Recent paystubs (wanted employment letter but did not have it).
He did not ask us any other questions on how we met or anything else along those lines...I guess, the baby and house was proof enough.

Final result...well, name check pending! And to confuse matters a bit further, the online status says that the interview has been canceled and will be reschduled later! Hope that it is only a glich

Sorry to haer abt your name check pending. I saw in your other post, that they told you its gonna take less than a month or so. So don;t worry take their words on it. As each case is different, yours might not take that much time, specially when they said so too.

BTW just wondering did you call FBI or someone to see wat's going on?
(I have seen their contact no in some other thread on this forum)
Good luck and keep us posted.

ageorge said:
Hi All,

Sorry to haer abt your name check pending. I saw in your other post, that they told you its gonna take less than a month or so. So don;t worry take their words on it. As each case is different, yours might not take that much time, specially when they said so too.

BTW just wondering did you call FBI or someone to see wat's going on?
(I have seen their contact no in some other thread on this forum)
Good luck and keep us posted.

ip_everywhere said:
Sorry to haer abt your name check pending. I saw in your other post, that they told you its gonna take less than a month or....
I like your username...but how do I address you? Hi IP?? :D
I wish I was creative enought to come up with such a username :)

Anyways, thanks for you wishes and hope that the issue does take care of itself. I had an infopass appointment today to ask what the hell was going on with the case status...well, the lady over there was nice but equally confused as to why the status was showing as "interview canceled..." Apparantly, she talked to the officer who took our interview and at the end just told me to ignore the notice.

As far as the FBI name check is concerned, I did go through the discussions on this forum but was unable to conclude if whether contacting the congressman/woman, etc helped or things just cleared up on its own.
Anyways, I am going to wait for 6 weeks (that the interviewer mentioned) before spend any energy towards following up on the namecheck.

hey ageorge,

I was looking at your timeline, do you mind sharing the rest of your timeline with us as it is not complete. I am trying to figure out how long of a wait here in the Charlotte DO. The USCIS website is not all that accurate as it is still processing Dec 2004, and if thats the case, I have a long long wait !....

If you take a look at the AOS interview timeline tracker thread:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=188386
it seems that many of us are getting our Charlotte DO applications processed a fair bit faster than the USCIS website suggests.

My application was received in mid-July 2005, and I am due to have the initial AOS interview in two weeks.

By the way, does the online case status get updated when an interview letter is sent out? (I got my letter over a month ago, and the website still has the same sentence about having received the fingerprinting results.)

Hi Raleighguy,

Thats good to know, I think the average time for Charlotte DO is 7 months.

Good luck on the interview, please keep us posted.

Hey Toro,
I have updated my signature. The website information on processing dates is obviously wrong.
Raleighguy: The online status does not change when the interview letter is sent out.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for update

Hi ageorge,
Thanks for the update. I checked the USCIS update and the LUD shown is todat 3-1-06 but as far as the case status nothing change. is it normal ?

Thanks