Charlotte Office tracker..thru USC marriage

rud.lo
yeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...i am so happy for you..I really appreciate you coming ot give us an update;this gives a lot of hope for those of us still waiting for the adjudicating process to be complete...i actually took infopass n was at Charlotte yesterday,i was told it takes them 1-2 months to finalise things after interview if anything was requested further,so i needed to be patient...my I-130 had been approved since Jan 2005.....congrats again.....

Interview-waivable couples

Hey guys,
I just found out today USCIS predetermines that some couples are 'interview waivable' and hence send their files from the district/sub offices directly to CSC..these couples are not called forbinterview,instead within weeks of the transfer they send them their welcome letters and GC...

ncgirl said:
Hey guys,
I just found out today USCIS predetermines that some couples are 'interview waivable' and hence send their files from the district/sub offices directly to CSC..these couples are not called forbinterview,instead within weeks of the transfer they send them their welcome letters and GC...

Hi,
Where did you find out abt this? Do you have any refrences or links , from where I could get some more details about this???

BTW Any new update on your case????

oh sure...many many people esp in Charlotte and Atlanta offices have been having this since August 2005..check this link.....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60073

let me know if you were able to access the link or not...I had heard of someone else's case before but I thought she didn't know what she was talking about when she said her case was transferred to CSC and then last friday she got her welcome letter..

As per my case...I learned it takes 1-2 months to get reply..so I am waiting...

NB:read that whole thread very well focussing on the people's timelines,and you'll see more and more info on this new development...

ncgirl said:
oh sure...many many people esp in Charlotte and Atlanta offices have been having this since August 2005..check this link.....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60073

let me know if you were able to access the link or not...I had heard of someone else's case before but I thought she didn't know what she was talking about when she said her case was transferred to CSC and then last friday she got her welcome letter..

As per my case...I learned it takes 1-2 months to get reply..so I am waiting...

NB:read that whole thread very well focussing on the people's timelines,and you'll see more and more info on this new development...

Well that was great to hear that some ppl are able to get their GCs in a few months w/out interviews at Charlotte DO.
But a/c to my understanding these are ppl who got here on K visa. so I guess USCIS is waiving interviews for those ppl who came here on k visa.
Well if this is the case then I guess my spouse won't be eligible for a interview waiver, as he has come to US on H1. What do you think?
Thanks

ip-everywhere,
I strongly agree with you ont hat ...i noticed too those being called came on K visa,so I guess USCIS is thinking why waste time interviewing them a second time since they have been interviewed before prior to getting the K visas,so they can channel their energy to those peopel here..i guess it is a good thing,so at least there'll be less work for the officers and they can deliver their promise of giving every immigration application maximum 6 months to complete from the year 2006.I knwo George Bush wants this to be the case!!

I guess you and your hubby will be having an interview then since his is not K visa....dont' worry keep praying..it is well!!

Green card approved

Dear All wonderful men and women of this noble forum,

I just got three mails from USCIS(CRIS).My green card was approved a few minutes ago and it is in the mail.

I want to thank you all for your tremendous help thorugh this journey,my hubby will be overjoyed when he gets home,he's been telling me not to worry but I couldn't help it.

Thank you again,
NCGIRL

Super

Awesome...Congrats

ncgirl said:

I just got three mails from USCIS(CRIS).My green card was approved a few minutes ago and it is in the mail.

I want to thank you all for your tremendous help thorugh this journey,my hubby will be overjoyed when he gets home,he's been telling me not to worry but I couldn't help it.

Thank you again,
NCGIRL

ncgirl said:

Thank you again,
NCGIRL

Congratulations! See I told you its just a matter of time and you would get it in a few weeks. I'm really happy for you.

congrats vikas_chopra,
we will be praying for you..

I got my GC in the mail yesterday 30th Jan....

Please Help!

Hi ncgirl
I am from Durham, NC.. I don 't know where i should mail my I-485. The form says i should mail it to Chicago, IL, but, when i entered here, as K-1 FIANCEE, Dec, 11th, immigration people in Charlotte took my documents, and told me all the process about my immigration status whoudl be done in Charlotte. I Am conffussed.. do you know if somehting has changed about where i should mail it? I havent sent also my work permit form.

Please Help!

Hi ncgirl
I am from Durham, NC.. I don 't know where i should mail my I-485. The form says i should mail it to Chicago, IL, but, when i entered here, as K-1 FIANCEE, Dec, 11th, immigration officers in Charlotte took my documents, and told me all the next process about my immigration status would be done in Charlotte. I Am conffussed.. do you know if something has changed about where i should mail it? I havent sent also my work permit form.

:)

I married here on dec 14th, 2005, and had religious marriage in Mexico Dec 3rd. then I arrived here dec 11th.

hi mjpineda,
if you are going to file to adjust your status,you have to send 130,485,765 to chicago because that where all family based applications are sent..when it is time for you to be interviewed,your file will be transfered to Charlotte and if you are lucky it may be transfered to California and you would not be asked to come for interview so it depends..but u need to first send you package to Chicago...i hope this helps
I wish you all the best

Newbie saying hi and a few questions

Hi guys and gals

I too had submitted my i130 i486 i765 on Feb 14, 2006
Little bit about myself.. I married a USC on 8-14-2003. We have a beautiful daugther and she is 15 months old. The reason why we file our AOS so late is because we didn't want to deal with the conditional GC.
I entered the country thru a F-1 student visa in 1995, went home for a summer break and came back here in 8-96, been here ever since and my F-1 visa expired in 2000.

Now my questions,

I have been working here without authorization since 96 and I am worried about that, I have heard confliting advices, some said that once you married a USC, there is no need to worry, and some said it might hurt me.

I didnt include our daughter's birth certificate in the application, do you guys think I should have ?

Please advice,
Thanks

toro168 said:
Hi guys and gals

I too had submitted my i130 i486 i765 on Feb 14, 2006
Little bit about myself.. I married a USC on 8-14-2003. We have a beautiful daugther and she is 15 months old. The reason why we file our AOS so late is because we didn't want to deal with the conditional GC.
I entered the country thru a F-1 student visa in 1995, went home for a summer break and came back here in 8-96, been here ever since and my F-1 visa expired in 2000.

Now my questions,

I have been working here without authorization since 96 and I am worried about that, I have heard confliting advices, some said that once you married a USC, there is no need to worry, and some said it might hurt me.

I didnt include our daughter's birth certificate in the application, do you guys think I should have ?

Please advice,
Thanks

Thats correct. You will be forgiven for illegal stay and illegal employment if you are the spouse of a USC. By forgiven, it means that you are eligible to file I-485 and change status while in the US.

"DONT" travel using AP, it would trigger the 10 year bar against you entering the country. Wait for your GC before you travel out of the US.

Why dont you want to disclose that you have a daughter? You will definitely be questioned about this during the interview as you seem to be hiding something. A child born to you and your wife from this current marriage is the strongest proof you can present to the officer at the interview to prove that your marriage is bonafide and is not to evade immigration laws.