Charlotte Office tracker..thru USC marriage

ncgirl

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
Please post your time lines for those who have already been through the GC process via Charlotte office and those currently going through it.
Thanks....

My timeline:

9/17 Package sent to Texas(did not know I should have sent it to charlote instead)
9/29 130 check cashed
10/4 765 check cashed
10/7 765 notice receipt from texas
10/8 130 receipt notice from CSC

mid october 485 returned from texas asking me to file at local office
sent application to Charlotte
11/2 485 returned from NBC requesting a copy of 130 notice
11/3 sent 485 with copy of 130 to NBC
11/9 checks cashed
11/13 485 receipt notice/FP instructions from NBC
11/18 765 letter from TSC stating my 765 was denied becos no records show that my 485 is pending in that office

11/19 sent fresh 765 application and fees to NBC
11/26 485 FP done in Charlotte
11/29 online LUD changed
12/01 received e-mails saying my FP results had been received and
processing has resumed on my case
12/01 765 check cashed
12/03 765 receipt notice
12/06 765 LUD change but online message still the same

I will keep you posted..been a roller coaster ride..but God is in control...I hope to hear from you guys soon...

Cheers!

Hi,

This week i attended the interview at charlotte.Here are the details and may be this info helps who are on k-3.

The documents asked by the officer:

Joint financial accounts

All utility bills where both the spouse names are included.

Marriage pictures.

Recent pay stubs of both the spouses.

Remember those who are on k-3 they must have done their medicals in their
respective countries and on arrival in U S if they apply for adjustment status withing one year of medicals examination then they do not require to undergo another medical examination, since i too applied after 5 months on arrival and the officer didnt asked me about my medicals.

Joint tax filing copies for the last 2 yr or 3 yrs.

Birth certificates of both as well as children if any.

Here is my time line:

Married USC in march 2002
K-3 approved in jan 2003
Arrived in US april 2003
Applied for adjustment status in sep 2003 Charlotte office N C
Received Notice of action for I-485 in Nov 2004
Attended interview in DEC 2004 ( Charlotte)

I-130 was filed by my spouse in U S (who is an USC) in May 2003 and it got approved in August 2004.

Well, coming back to the interview outcome, the officer didnt stamped any thing on my passport but she clearly told us that they are waiting on the security clearance check and we'd receive an approval notice in 2 weeks that approval notice can be used to travel and its can be used as temporary PR( I-551) and on receipt of the approval letter we'd receive the plastic card in another 2 weeks and after the interview,the officer said that we do not need to come for I-551 stamping they 'd send the approval letter and plastic card in 4 weeks.Hope this experience 'd help others who are in the
same situation.

Any further info required i'd be glad to share. I personally thank all the members who helped me in giving their personal inputs which made me aware of many immigration related issues.good luck to one and all. God bless you all.

devss

update:
had my FP done today for 765...LUD changed today as well....how is it going folks?

LUD Change

hi guys,
the LUD changed again today 12/29 for my 765..anyone has any idea when I should expect my EAD?I'll greatly appreciate experiences from people when they received their EAD after FP and LUD change..thanks

I got two e-mails today that my 130 petition has been approved from CSC......

timeline 130 filed Oct 12 04
Approved Dec 29 04

what next guys?

I received an RFE yesterday from NBC asking for proof that I have a pending 130 petition...luckily for me my 130 was been approved at CSC same day the RFE was mailed....i'll send a copy of the approval once I receive it...

Interview report

I promised to come back and report my interview. After 5 hours of total drive, here I am writing the report :)

The interview was today, we arrived an hour earlier, there were only a few people in the parking lot waiting for their turn. We got in at 12:00, the security guard only asked for the interview letter. To my surprise, they did not even check our identity.

We then sat and wait in the interview room, there were approxiamately 15 people in the room. The interview officers started coming in and call people's name, it did not seem too long until my name was called. A very nice immigration officer led us to his office.

After we were sworn and sat down, he asked about our identification-both driver licenses, my passport. He also asked the SSC, both us did not take with us, he was fine with it. He then went through the things filled in the I-485, basically, asked if we still live the address on the form, and if the wedding date was correct. He went through the questions on the end of I-485, all the answer were NO. We briefly laughed the "Polygamy" question.

The only real questions we answered were each other's birthday and what we do for a living. He then asked the following documents:

1. Employement letter from both of us
2. 2003 W-2 for both of us
3. My EAD
4. Paystubs for both of us
5. 2003 tax return
6. Any statement that shows us both name, we gave him our property tax, homeowner policy and one of our account.

He did not ask a new affidivit, but I offered. I asked if he needed the new format photos I had with me, he said no. His supperviser told him as Dec 1 2004, they stopped accepting new photos. (I am still not sure if this is new rule?)

He then entered information in the computer, it took a while, he appologized for the slow responding from the system. During this period, he made comments that since they delayed your case, you actually got the real card instead of conditional one(I did not ask why my case was delayed, in what sense). He then stamped my passport, told us the card will arrive in 2-4 weeks. That's it. I asked him when I can apply for the citizenship, he said theoretically, 3 years after you are married a citizen, but they are 1.5 years behind.

We shook hands and I thank him and wished him a happy new year.

So we were in and out within 15 min. To my surprise, he never asked my hubby's birth certificate, our marriage license. I was a bit "disappointed" that he did not ask our wedding photos, I actually recompiled all my photos and it reminded me our wedding day, although it's two years ago.

Both of us were very calm during the interview. We are relieved it's over. My naive husband somehow was right about the interview, to him, everything is clear and in details, I "should" be approved without any problems.

So folks, my emperience tells me if you have a bonafide marriage and you have nothing to hide, you should not worry about anything.

Good luck to your all and wish you have a wonderful year in 2005!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh puzzled!!!!that was so awesome!! A big big congratulations to you....I am really happy for you...please continue to come here when u can, to help those of us still on this journey...
Cheers!

TSC new procesing dates 12/31/04

TSC has moved the processing time for USC filing for immediate relative from June 6,2003 to August 27 2004..that is a huge difference and or step,and I guess it is good news too...

Card Mailed

Just received emails from USCIS.

The approval letter for I-130 and Green Card are mailed today. Expecting to receive them next week.

Cross my fingers that there are no misspelling etc on the card.

Thanks ncgirl. The interview was much easier than I imaged/thought. Instead of thrilling, I felt surreal and puzzled when it's over.

Let me know if you have any questions, I will be glad if I can help. I noticed that the processing date for Charlotte is June 2003 now, hope you are getting closer.

ncgirl said:
Gosh puzzled!!!!that was so awesome!! A big big congratulations to you....I am really happy for you...please continue to come here when u can, to help those of us still on this journey...
Cheers!

Hi Puzzled....the e-mails are another great news for you..surely everything will go well...I am a lot relaxed as things are moving so fast nowadays at USCIS..I am hoping to be called for interview in June or July..But my main concern now is my EAD...it is 38 days now...fingers crossed as usual...

130 Approved!!!

I just received two e-mails a few minutes ago about 6.15am telling me my 130 has been approved..guess interview is next lol...isn't it a wonder that 130s r approved even before u get an EAD,USCIS guys r doing a good job as far as I am concerned...

RD 130 9/27/04

Not Over Yet :(

It confirmed my fear that something might not be right...

I received approval and welcome letter today, the A number is missing the first digit "0" and my first and middle name is switched. Letters were send out NBC from Chicogo instead of MSC. Actual GC has not received yet, but I doubt it has correct info.

I wonder if they are using the same system. How come all the infromation was correct until the final approval? Guess I have to make another trip to Charlotte and hopefully the correction won't take up too long. (It took my mother almost a year to get a correct GC).

Puzzled said:
Just received emails from USCIS.

The approval letter for I-130 and Green Card are mailed today. Expecting to receive them next week.

Cross my fingers that there are no misspelling etc on the card.

Oh my!I am suprised these mistakes happened?wonders shall never end...do try to rectify this as soon as u can...cheer up!it is well...

Incorrect Name on GC

I received my GC today :) it was printed 3 days after the interview. I am amazed by their efficiency. On the other hand, if they did not move this fast, it could have been corrected before the card was produced, that would have saved a lot of troubles, according to my lawyer. They tried to correct it but it was too late.

Now, I will have to file I-90 to correct the mistake, it's a $185 fee plus $50 for another biometrics. I may end up going to Charlotte at least twice :(

By the way, it has the correct A#, I was told, even if missing '0' is not a mistake.

Puzzled said:
It confirmed my fear that something might not be right...

I received approval and welcome letter today, the A number is missing the first digit "0" and my first and middle name is switched. Letters were send out NBC from Chicogo instead of MSC. Actual GC has not received yet, but I doubt it has correct info.

I wonder if they are using the same system. How come all the infromation was correct until the final approval? Guess I have to make another trip to Charlotte and hopefully the correction won't take up too long. (It took my mother almost a year to get a correct GC).

oh my Puzzled...I know how u must feel...but at least the biggest hurdles have been crossed..just funny that u have to pay and spend more money and time when the mistake is from CIS....

Believe it or not, the frustration and anxious part are over, I will take it easy this time. When you have a interview, make sure that they have your name correct. I heard some people who do not have middle name, was given "none" as middle name in the card...which is ridiculous. The card will have your name, your A#, your I-485 App #, GC expiration date, and your birthday.

ncgirl said:
oh my Puzzled...I know how u must feel...but at least the biggest hurdles have been crossed..just funny that u have to pay and spend more money and time when the mistake is from CIS....