Atlanta SESA Tracker

Dead Silent......

Don\'t think of moving ahead with Atl SESA atleast for next two - three months. My company told that as per SESA it will take atleast this much time to close April cases. Still they are not in hurry to assign more resources to clear this backlog due to 245(i). I specially don\'t know whom should we talk to expedite this matter.....

still processing 4/26 cases

GA SESA is still reviewing April 26 RIR cases. And the Non-RIR conversion cases are included with the rest of the RIR cases. Does any one of you know when the effective date started with the RIR- conversion? The date of filing of RIR Conversion Request will control in determining the order of processing of such cases in the SESA\'s RIR processing queue.

So even after 245(i) cases are cleared, the conversion cases could pile up too to hit folks like us with RIR.

Let\'s do something to it

Please write or fax your concerns/complaints to this address. I think that should be better than do nothing and just complaining here.

We are tax-payers and we have the rights to ask for better service, because we are paying money to these officers!

Please do your part ...

Thank you.

Shelf D

---------------
Permanent Labor
Georgia Department of Labor
Alien Labor Certification Unit
148 Andrew Young InternationalBoulevard NE
Suite 450
Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 656-3163
(404) 656-3039 FAX

write to labor dept. will work???

Writing to labor dept. will not work, since more than 20 other SESAs are undergoing the same situation with overloaded 245i cases and their processing time is in April, 2001 too. I was told that they don\'t have increased resource to help with the increased load due to 245i. I even mentioned that we could establish some premium processing programs for the labor applications, just like H1B with INS. But to do that, a legislature nationwide should be passed.

Nevertheless, at least they should deligate some resource to handle the non-245i cases, which is what we can ask for. Do you have a head person\'s name that we can write to? In writing to them, we should not complain. Instead we should make some helpful suggestions such as what is mentioned above.

Still Sesa on 4/26

My attorney told me that Atl Sesa is still working on 4/26 RIR cases and it will take approx 6 more months to finish all April cases. They told that in last 4 months atl has just handeled approx 60 cases. This proves that how good atl labor dept is.?. They blame manpower shortage for this delay. Is anyone has further update???

who is in charge of atlanta sesa

do you know the name of the person in charge of Atl. SESA labor cert. program? At least we can write a letter asking them to allocate some resources to none 245 i cases. It does not make sense why we legal people have to suffer from the consequences of those illegal people? Or who is the congressman that we can write a letter to?

Where is Atlanta SESA???

Do you any of you have any updates on SESA? Is it true itz going to take six more months to process Apr cases. How is RIR effecting in Atlanta due to layoffs.

RIR new guidelines

I read on a local newspaper in the week of 4/4/02 regarding DOL issuing new tightened guidelines for RIR due to continued layoffs. Has any of you seen any new guidelines in details?

There was one article in www.immigration.com on certain guidelines for DOL

for RIR applications

can you post the url

can you post the url address for the RIR new guidelines? I could not locate the right article through search. thx.

any update?

Has anyone get any update from your lawyers lately? Mine said it might take another 6-9 months to get to the May cases. But it is just a guess without calling GA SESA though. Does anyone know how many cases are left from 245(i) and if there is any reasonable projection of the timeline to finish up reviewing the April cases? April 28 and 29 are weekends, is it reasonable to hope that there will be only 2-day of cases left from April?

contact person infor.

found the contact information, maybe we can write letters to them:
Atlanta Labor Cert. officer: Mr. Floy Goodman with email address of
goodmanf@doleta.gov. At least we can request that processing priority should not be all allocated to 245(i) cases.

Or write to Secretary of Labor
Elaine Chao
US. Dept. of Labor
200 Constitution Ave. NW
Washington DC, 20210

jan.17 transfered to atlanta regional.. not yet

mines is transfered to atlanta regional jan.17.2002.(regualr case) they received it jan.30.2002. still no news from it. anyone who has about same date with me got a good news ? my lawyer emailed me that
i have to wait until jan.2003 because i am not RIR or specialty base.
but, i think, DOL processing time shows that non-RIR(regualar) is currently being processded dec. 2001. am i wrong?