Atlanta SESA Tracker

you are right

Atlanta Regional DOL is processing Dec. 2001. See the Atlanta Regional Forum with actual approvals. Can you tell us when was the date you filed with State SESA? Is that with GA SESA or some other states? I don\'t understand why your lawyer said "wait until Jan. 2003", does he mean "Atl Regional processing time is long?", which is not the case, or does he mean go for PERM?

my lawyer said it\'s the worst scenario...gee

i just taked to my lawyer who told that she always says to client the worst
scenario which could be wrong. i think she doesn\'t check the processing time
regurarly. so, i am not gonna trust my lawyer about , at least, labor processing
time.( she is a good lawyer, though) i am going to stick to this forum\'s update.
i am in florida and filed december 2000 with the florida sesa.

245(i) extension introduced

245(i) extension bill was introduced on May 9 with a new deadline to 4/30/2003. (See murthy.com) Geez, the 245(i) is the culprit creating the huge backlog in April 2001. And we legal people have been stuck forever. Then in the economic downturn, we are facing more stringent labor cert. scrutiny due to layoffs. Think of the professionals with H1B and getting layoff, these people have to go out of US without finding new employment within a reasonable amount of time. But these illegal people are getting the benefit with no clear date to find emplyment relationship and they can file for labor cert. to become legal without going out of the country. What are the bill makers thinking? What a joke if they intentionally planned to extend it anyway. Why to create such a huge backlog and then to appropriate more funds to clear up the backlog? Makes no sense and screw up people\'s life.

nope....you can benefit from 245(i)....if you out of status

my lawyer send this to me(I don’t think you have been out of status. But if you have, then you would get to benefit from this legislation if it is passed.)
message in paranthesis was from my lawyer....the following is the law....now relax and pray for this bill pass and then get yourself out of status.....then what? BINGO....you get your GC....now just relax

245(i) Legislation Progress
The meeting between U.S. President, George W. Bush, and Mexican President, Vicente Fox, scheduled for March 22, 2002 has generated a burst of legislative activity on the extension of Immigration and Nationality Act Section 245(i). The House of Representatives passed a bill that, if enacted into law, would extend section 245(i) in a limited manner. This section of law grants eligibility for adjustment to permanent residence status to individuals who would otherwise be ineligible due to status and entry violations. These individuals must meet all other “green card” requirements, such as having an approved petition through an employer or relative, and they must pay a substantial, additional filing fee now set at $1,000.00.
Section 245(i) is currently available to individuals who are the beneficiaries of family- or employment-based cases filed on or before April 30, 2001, and who were present in the U.S. on December 21, 2000. Under the proposed legislation, the deadline seems to be extended to November 30, 2002. In order to utilize this provision, however, the underlying family relationship must have existed prior to August 15, 2001. Or, in employment-based cases, the labor certification must have been filed prior to August 15, 2001. Additionally, the extension is until November 30, 2002 OR until four months after the INS issues implementing regulations, whichever is earlier.
While any beneficial change in immigration law is welcomed, the particular provisions in this instance are very limited and restrictive. The short timeframe is bound to cause confusion and problems, as it did when the LIFE Act reinstated section 245(i) between December 21, 2000 and April 30, 2001. It takes time for foreign nationals to learn about the laws and to take action based upon the information. This is particularly true of those with limited education, financial resources, and English language skills. Yet, this is the precise population that may stand to benefit the most from 245(i), as it provides the only means to adjust status to permanent residence for those who entered the U.S. without proper INS inspection.
The President is expected to sign this bill into law, if it is passed by the Senate.

no relieft until the end of the year

Called GA SESA, and was told that there are about 2000-3000 cases filed on 4/30/2001. No cases on 4/28 or 4/29/2001 as they were the weekends. They are estimating another 6-9 months to clear out the April cases and move to May, 2001. They cannot distinguish if the cases were for 245i or not. They are processing strictly based on first in first served. May God bless us still be employed.

Any idea about current status of GA DOL

Do you by any chance have idea about current GA DOL ?
They seem to be extremely slow. How many cases do they
have pending ? How many do they usually handle, say per
month ? Do you think if its a good idea if all of us
who are waiting on GA DOL, together write a letter to
the local law-maker. You can also contact me at newyorkuser@hotmail.com --regards,

give GA SESA a call

Can you give GA SESA a call regarding your concern? 404-656-3163. There is no benefit writing a letter to a law maker based on the conversation with GA SESA last time in May, because no authority is over both INS and Congress. See my previous post #106. GA SESA has to follow the guidelines set by Congress and INS, that is why they have to process on a first in first served basis. 245(i) is the law passed by Congress. INS set processing RIR as priority. The cases do not have any distinguishments saying this is a 245(i) or not. They only show if they are RIR cases or not RIR cases. We also have non-RIR conversion cases in the queue, which is a change set by INS. But if you can, please give them a call and obtain some current information.