April 2013 Asylum Applicants

Today I received a letter from USCIS which I don know what is it , It sounds to me is just a notification they send because I made a service request.

but in the letter it said " you have completed biometric capture on September 20 (this is the day I called them) !!!!!" I dont know what does this mean ????

Any Idea guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning al.usa. In my humble opinion i think the best thing for you to do is to call the Asylum office having jurisdiction over your case and ask the immigration analyst to explain it to you. However, USCIS usually sends you this type of mail when you make a formal request regarding your case to tell you what stage your case is at or the stage you have completed with them. We are unaware of the present situation of your case and so this is the best response i can think of. Hope it helps you.
As for me,
24 April 2013 :Asylum application sent
30 April 2013 : Received acknowledgement of receipt for asylum
08 May 2013: Fingerprint notice received
14 May 2013: I went to do my fingerprint
21 May 2013: Interview notice recieved
03 June 2013 : Interview done at Rosedale office Queens NY office
30 September 2013: EAD applied after 154 days
07 October 2013 : Received acknowledgement of receipt of EAD application
Today!!!! Still waiting for EAD/ Asylum decision.

I went to the asylum office today and i was told that my decision has been mailed today and that i should expect it in a week or a week and a half. I just checked my status online and there is nothing there. I guess i have been DENIED because from what i have read , when you are GRANTED, it shows CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION online. The woman at the office said she cannot tell me my decision that i should expect it in the mail. I have to start doing research for a good attorney and pray that money should fall from the sky because i don't even have the EAD. My brothers/sisters please pray hard on your cases because no matter the circumstances that happened to you only God can provide you with the Good decision. Good luck.

I went to the asylum office today and i was told that my decision has been mailed today and that i should expect it in a week or a week and a half. I just checked my status online and there is nothing there. I guess i have been DENIED because from what i have read , when you are GRANTED, it shows CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION online. The woman at the office said she cannot tell me my decision that i should expect it in the mail. I have to start doing research for a good attorney and pray that money should fall from the sky because i don't even have the EAD. My brothers/sisters please pray hard on your cases because no matter the circumstances that happened to you only God can provide you with the Good decision. Good luck.

Wish you get approved.... Don't worry... and the asylum cases can't be checked online. If you can't find your asylum case status online it doesn't mean that you were denied. So just wait for the decision and think about good...

I know you are NOT giving up, because you already thinking for the next step (in case the worst happen) when you say
you will start doing research for a good attorney !
Just want to let you know that, (from my observation lately) EAD case status website were usually updated each Monday,
so there is still a possibility that your case number will show card production NEXT Monday morning.

Wish You The Best of Luck !

What I know, that they always have problems with their website updates. By the way, there is a phone number you can check online, so you can call the immigration court, give your A number and they will tell you, if your case was referred to them or not.
Please, think positive! You will recieve approval! I wish you are granted! Let us know.

Thanks a lot 'people'. I am glad that i have people who share my concerns. I haven't given up. I CAN'T. However the balance between being optimistic and pessimistic is to be realistic. I see the clouds in the sky and i say to myself 'it might rain' so i carry my umbrella. If it doesn't rain and the sun shines too bright, i will use the same umbrella to shade myself hahahahahahahahaha. Everything remains In God's Hands.

Hey, has anyone inquired abt their application. I mailed them twice but got no response. I tried calling them but the automsg says to mail an inquiry letter and information cannot be given through ph. Please let me know your experiences

Hi my brothers and sisters. I have been checking my Asylum status online using my receipt number Z... and it said " The receipt number you entered cannot be found.... This morning when i checked this is what it said:
On October 28, 2013, we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION and request that the filing fee be waived. The filing fee has been waived and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. This case is being processed at our Intake Processing Center. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

What does this mean? I read on one thread where some one had the same Message and was GRANTED ASYLUM. I hope the same applies to me.
@April13' at times it is best to physically go there. Else you have to insist to the operator and give your details in which case they will send you a mail telling you that your case is pending. Try to go there in person if the Asylum office is not too far from where you live.

CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION
Hello everyone. Some few minutes ago i checked the status of my Asylum Using my Z** number and it now says;
On October 28, 2013, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
I just imagine what it means........ Is there anyone who knows better? From previous threads i am tempted to think that i might have been GRANTED ,given that i went to their office on Friday and they said that my decision was mailed to me that same Friday . Then today it went to CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION.

That means you are approved. Indeed you were in god's hand.
Many many congratulations...
Have a great life ahead!

Thanks a lot sadsoul. Soon you will change your name on this very forum and become 'happysoul'. I am here to assist others too. For the time being, remain in God's hands.

GRANTED, GRANTED, GRANTED.
Thanks a lot people for your support. i received my decision a while ago. I wish you guys well. Keep on praying. Once again, Thanks.

Today I called 800 number and explaining my story for the customer service for 20 min , they transferred me to someone in upper level who can access my information , I spend 45 min on hold then I spoke with them and with regard to the time processing he said EAD processing time for C8 is usually takes more time than normal cases , he didnt mentioned how long but somehow he said more than 6 months for the California service center :( :(

Guys what is your opinion?

My opinion is that, they s u c k

As far as no one is responsible for your case, for example if your case gets even deleted or thrown away, no one in office gives a s h i t to it. That's your problem again and they don't mind that with such indifferent attitude they ruined your life.

It's not F *** green card or O1 visa or marriage visa, this is asylum, we already had so big stress and escaped danger from our countries and again someone plays on our nerves.

Just little higher responsibility in the system and officers will be more responsive and attentive

sad but true

My opinion is that, they s u c k

As far as no one is responsible for your case, for example if your case gets even deleted or thrown away, no one in office gives a s h i t to it. That's your problem again and they don't mind that with such indifferent attitude they ruined your life.

It's not F *** green card or O1 visa or marriage visa, this is asylum, we already had so big stress and escaped danger from our countries and again someone plays on our nerves.

Just little higher responsibility in the system and officers will be more responsive and attentive

sad but true

I agree with you, we are just numbers on the files for them and that's it!!! But its not right, its not the liberty and freedom we heard about. We are in worse conditions then the other ones who just won a green card sitting at home or just got married to a US citizen for a green card. We were tortured and prosecuted in our countries and we are seeking an asylum in this country. When each of us applied for asylum here they believed, that we are seeking asylum from a country of liberty, from country of freedom and from country of human rights. But the way they are working with us is neither liberty, neither freedom and nor human rights. I hope that the USCIS employees or asylum officers will see this post. I don't know were to write, in order to have their attention paid on this BAD situation. For example, all the immigration cases can be checked online besides asylum cases. WHY???? And it is in that case, that the asylum seekers need much more attention then ALLLL other types of immigrants, because they don't fear any prosecution from their countries and they weren't tortured in their countries and they aren't afraid of going back to there homelands. IS THIS THE COUNTRY OF LIBERTY AND HUMAN RIGHTS????? I AM NOT SURE ANY MORE!!!!!!

my friend applied for O1 visa and got it in 1 month, my another friend did marriage with US citizen and got green card and then citizenship in 1 year. Their cases are processed faster. They always have choice if they don't like to wait they will go to their home countries freely. We don't have choice, we have to stay and for me it would be better to know my case decision in time, at least in certain period of time, let's say 1 year. But tell me that it will be in 1 year and I will wait. It is totally unacceptable giving answer like "wait" this is most frustrating and doesn't give us less stress than we got in our countries where our freedom was threatened. I lived in my country in uncertainty waiting when I would be arrested because of my political opinion and that's why I fled, I don't want to face another uncertainty here. Deny my F*** asylum but tell me in certain period of time. Deport me but made it clear for me, giving answer "wait" is another torture for brain. How long? There is chances to be waiting for 10 years? 10 years living in uncertainty? I didn't come here to take advantage to work in US, I came here because I escaped danger.