April 2009, Filers, Post here

Case Status Update (AOS based on Marriage)

April filer (adjustment of status based on marriage to US citizen, currently on a valid H1-B visa)...below is my case status (updated). Local USCIS office is in Elizabeth/Newark, NJ.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Day 00 04-02-2009 Mailed applications via FedEx (I-485, I-765, I-130)
Day 04 04-06-2009 Application delivered to Chicago Lockbox
Day 12 04-14-2009 Application fee checks cashed
Day 14 04-16-2009 NOAs received (one for each application), case status showed up online
Day 18 04-20-2009 Biometrics appointment notice received (for 05-05-2009)
Day 33 05-05-2009 Biometrics appointment
Day 71 06-12-2009 Employment Authorization Document received
Day 79 06-20-2009 Interview Appointment received (for 08-13-2009)

Update:

Today got the CRIS email notification that my EAD approval notice has been mailed on June 19th. Signature updated.

CJ

Is it good thing to happen ?

hello all,

This morning I saw LUD today : As of June 18th, applications 485,130 are transferred to California Service center for processing.Is it good thing to happen ? I am hoping no more RFEs what so ever ....

Last week we have submmited RFE response for NABC...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DALLAS, TX
04/08/09:BD00: Application sent for Mother (I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, I-765, I-131 mailed to USCIS)
04/09/09:BD1: Fedex Delivered the package to the destination.
04/16/09:BD9: Checks cashed from my bank account
04/16/09: Received notices from USCIS with NOA DATE 04/15/09
04/27/09 :FP NOTICE
04/28/2008 : RFE for BC
05/08/09 : FP completed on scheduled day
06/10/2009 : Sent RFE response
06/12/2009 :USCIS status changed to RFE response received...
06/22/2009 : LUD - 485,130 Cases transferred to California Service center

Last edited by a moderator:
Good update today. I got my EAD card in the mail yesterday. Cool looking card too, has my picture I took during my bio appointment and my index fingerprint.

Hello Everybody and those new who joined the April filers, I want to apologyze, because I was on Vacation in the caribbean island, just relaxing, but also hearing good news, specially with Canadian John one of the first one to recieve the IL interview, I´m so happy for you and for the rest of the group and let´s keep posting, I hope in my return I will have the IL interview in the mail,( smile), but I been looking online but any updated so far. take Care. and see ya soon.

Finally and happily IL arrived today. (I sent materials on April 7, FYI.)

Aug 18 8:30 AM

Garden City NY

Anyone have experience in that local office?

April filer--already have interview

Here's our timeline:

Married: April 3, 2009
Mailed application packet:April 20, 2009
(I-130, I-485, I-765)
Application recieved by USCIS: April 21, 2009
Received receipt notices: May 1, 2009
Received biometrics appt letter: May 23, 2009
*However appt date on notice had already passed! Visited local office on Tuesday, May 26 and was able to complete biometrics.
Received EAD card: June 5, 2009
Received request for initial interview: June 18, 2009
DATE OF INTERVIEW: July 28

Has anyone else who filed in April already received their interview?

Thanks,
J

Your timeline won't help anyone except to yourself if you don't put the city/state you live in or the location of your local USCIS office. I mean why should anyone read or pay attention to your timeline if it won't even help a bit for them to give a clue to what they could expect in their case because each USCIS local office timeline is different?

Here's our timeline:

Married: April 3, 2009
Mailed application packet:April 20, 2009
(I-130, I-485, I-765)
Application recieved by USCIS: April 21, 2009
Received receipt notices: May 1, 2009
Received biometrics appt letter: May 23, 2009
*However appt date on notice had already passed! Visited local office on Tuesday, May 26 and was able to complete biometrics.
Received EAD card: June 5, 2009
Received request for initial interview: June 18, 2009
DATE OF INTERVIEW: July 28

Has anyone else who filed in April already received their interview?

Thanks,
J

hello all,

This morning I saw LUD today : As of June 18th, applications 485,130 are transferred to California Service center for processing.Is it good thing to happen ? I am hoping no more RFEs what so ever ....

Last week we have submmited RFE response for NABC...

Looking through the posting it appears that for a few people whose cases were transferred to CSC received an approval without interview. So hope for the best. One of them was "tinkerbelluk" and another "bijujoseph99". My mothers case has now been transferred to CSC. Keep us posted.

Got the interview letter today...

Here is the latest update on my case:

=============================================
District Office: Mount Laurel, NJ
(I-130, I-485, I-325, I-693, I-864, I-765, I-131)
Day 00, 04/27/2009 Mailed applications via USPS Priority Mail
Day 02, 04/29/2009 Application received by USCIS
Day 09, 05/05/2009 Checks Cashed.
Day 12, 05/08/2009 NOAs received for I130, I485, I131, I765
Day 19, 05/15/2009 Received FP notice for 06/02/2009
Day 37, 06/02/2009 FP Appointment @ USCIS Elizabeth, NJ
Day 38, 06/03/2009 EAD Card Approved. Received email from CRIS (USCIS) + USCIS Website updated.
Day 38, 06/03/2009 LUD on I485. Application touched.
Day 39, 06/04/2009 LUD on I765. EAD Production Ordered.
Day 39, 06/04/2009 LUD on I131. Travel Document Approved.
Day 43, 06/08/2009 Received Advance Parole Visa (2 sets)
Day 43, 06/08/2009 Second LUD on I765. EAD Production Ordered (2nd Time)
Day 47, 06/12/2009 Received EAD Card in mail.
Day 62, 06/27/2009 Received Interview Appointment Letter
Day 101, 08/05/2009 Interview (Pending)

Looking through the posting it appears that for a few people whose cases were transferred to CSC received an approval without interview. So hope for the best. One of them was "tinkerbelluk" and another "bijujoseph99". My mothers case has now been transferred to CSC. Keep us posted.

being transfered to csc almost always means card production without interview. They tend only to send parents and marriaged based applicants who came in on the fiance visa over there. average timeline is about a month to month and half after transfer to approval, unless you get n RFE or the adjudicator feels a interview needs doing.

being transfered to csc almost always means card production without interview. They tend only to send parents and marriaged based applicants who came in on the fiance visa over there. average timeline is about a month to month and half after transfer to approval, unless you get n RFE or the adjudicator feels a interview needs doing.

That is useful information. Do you think that once the case is transferred to CSC, there is a slim chance of getting an RFE? I am presuming that initial review of forms / evidence / documents is done at NBC before the case is transferred.

Got Interview Letter today!!

Update on my case. I got my interview letter today. My interview is scheduled on Wednesday, August 12,2009 in Morning. Just wondering how are others doing?

Hello,to everyone on the April filers, I'm so happy to heard good news and seeing that everybody is recieving the IL interview, good luck to Canadian John, Brown, nycfeng, Mask369, NK48729, Matapril, Xbsd, newlyweds 22, chintu pc,and those who I didn't mention good luck to all.

I just returned from my vacation, just to find out, good news in the mail, that my
Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: Approval notice sent on June 25.

yesterday on June 30, I recieved another approval:
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On June 30, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

this mean my mother will not need an IL interview, that a great news, because she was pretty nervous, My case was trasfered to CSC, like, Tikerbelluk, Vasu, UK01, and AswinPE, so problably they won't need an interview, like Tinkerbelluk and me, but my best luck to everybody, and the best for all of you guys.

I want to make an special Thanks, to Johnny Cash, I was going to pay a lawyer to make my mom papers, but I follow all his steps, and I save some money,smile Thanks a millions Johnny, it really work for me. and pls keep posting, this is the only way we will know the development in each case and in that way we can help each other.

Hello,to everyone on the April filers, I'm so happy to heard good news and seeing that everybody is recieving the IL interview, good luck to Canadian John, Brown, nycfeng, Mask369, NK48729, Matapril, Xbsd, newlyweds 22, chintu pc,and those who I didn't mention good luck to all.

I just returned from my vacation, just to find out, good news in the mail, that my

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On June 30, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

this mean my mother will not need an IL interview, that a great news, because she was pretty nervous, My case was trasfered to CSC, like, Tikerbelluk, Vasu, UK01, and AswinPE, so problably they won't need an interview, like Tinkerbelluk and me, but my best luck to everybody, and the best for all of you guys.

I want to make an special Thanks, to Johnny Cash, I was going to pay a lawyer to make my mom papers, but I follow all his steps, and I save some money,smile Thanks a millions Johnny, it really work for me. and pls keep posting, this is the only way we will know the development in each case and in that way we can help each other.

Congrats !! I wish you and your family a great time together with your mother in US. As you have indicated, I will remain hopeful of approval w/o an interview in next 2 months.

Congrats babepen

Congrats babepen and thank god your mom got big freedom ...We all wish that our applications will be approved w/o IL...

Anyway congrats again and enjoy...

Vasu

Congratulation...and I'm glad to see you approved for the green card. Your mom may prepare herself now for the citizenship by going thru one of my sticky threads on a citizenship forum which I posted many years' ago. Even though it's too far for her to apply for the citizenship, yet still it's good to know so that she would be fully prepared by the time she would be eligible. Just ask her not to forget to file tax returns even though she might not need to file it based on her income if she wishes to file for the citizenship in the future.

Take care...