April 2009, Filers, Post here

Hello Everyone, I hope everyone is doing good and your application process is going smooth & nice.

I have two trivial questions

Q#1. How do you know your DO(District Office), is it your location or is it stated in any of your NOA's?
Q#2. Do you need to take your SPONSOR with you for Biometric appointment?

Hi guys,

Mailed my I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-693, G-355As on 04/23/2009 via Fedex. (Family based GC)
Expected receiving date : 04/27/2009

Thanks, Raj.

hello: nycfeng: that a good question, how do they have my email, I guess in my info is my email, or maybe when I create my profile, I have to put an email, everytime, you change a password, or any modification in your portafolio, the CRIS will send you an email confirming the change it, so maybe that how recieved that. but I'm just concern if by tranfering my case from the NSC, to CSC, it a good sign or not?, I hope it will be for good. Did you put your info, and the reciept # in their website?. Pls let me know ok

I'm a march filer and have also had my case transfered to CSC, when i got the notice it said to speed up processing. i did some more research and they apparently tend to send straight forward cases to CSC and the many of cases transfered end up not having interview, but i'm still preparing for interview to be on the safe side.

Today received Received Biometric notice for mom and scheduled on 05/08/09
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did mine in Dallas on April 15. I got there an hour early and was out in 20 minutes. By 2pm (my appointment time) the place was packed. If I had gone on time I would have been there for 2 hours.

Hello Everyone, I hope everyone is doing good and your application process is going smooth & nice.

I have two trivial questions

Q#1. How do you know your DO(District Office), is it your location or is it stated in any of your NOA's?
Q#2. Do you need to take your SPONSOR with you for Biometric appointment?

1) Click HERE to locate your DO on the USCIS website.
I live 80 miles east of Dallas and I still wasn't sure which office to use until I got my appointment letter from them.

2) No. Just you. They actually prefer that you take nobody with you because of lack of space.

I'm a march filer and have also had my case transfered to CSC, when i got the notice it said to speed up processing. i did some more research and they apparently tend to send straight forward cases to CSC and the many of cases transfered end up not having interview, but i'm still preparing for interview to be on the safe side.

hello Tinkerbelluck: I was surprise to heard that, I recieved 2 transfer letter to the CSC, one for the I-130, I-485 and both said:

"This is to advise you that in order to speed up processing, we have transferred the above case to the following USCIS office for processing:
California Service Center, 2nd Lr. 2400........., That office will notify you of the decision on the apllication or petition.

where do you made that reseach?, I hope your case will be the same as you, pls let me know.;)

Not a big update but one nonetheless:

AOS Timeline:
Sent AOS Package (I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131, I-639 etc) 04/20/2009
AOS Package received by USCIS 04/22/2009 (Signed for by V BUSTAMANTE)

When I check the USPS website for my signature delivery confirmation it said the following:

"Status: Delivered

Your item was delivered at 2:23 PM on April 22, 2009 in CHICAGO, IL 60680 to MIXED INS . The item was signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.
"

"MIXED INS"? Just sounds weird. I guess it's a series of buildings / suites or something hence why they have like 50 million possible addresses one could send AOS & related forms to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Every body, this an updated in my case, it going smooth and in good track. Today when i went to take the fingers prints, at 3:00 p.m. there was only me in the room, everybody was gone. so it was real fast. pls keep post it.

03/31/09 Application sent (I-130, I-485, I-765 )
04/01/09 Day 1- Application recd. (FedEx Air)
04/08/09 Day 8- Got NOA's for all forms filed
04/09/09 Day 9- Checks cashed
04/14/09 Day 14 -Got Biometrics Notification
04/15/09 Day 15 - Cases showed up online
04/20/09 Day 20- LUD, I-130 and I-485, case Transfer from MSC to CSC(to speed up)
04/28/09 Day 28 - Biometrics Appointment (Done)
05/00/09Day______- Got EAD (pending)
00/00/09Day______- Got IL Initial Interview (pending)
00/00/09 Day ______- Interview- (pending)

Hello Everybody: now I', surprise, I just open my email and I found this new LUD, I do not understand what it means first they transfer my case to CSC to speed up and now this, can someone explain me pls:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

I did mine in Dallas on April 15. I got there an hour early and was out in 20 minutes. By 2pm (my appointment time) the place was packed. If I had gone on time I would have been there for 2 hours.

1) Click HERE to locate your DO on the USCIS website.
I live 80 miles east of Dallas and I still wasn't sure which office to use until I got my appointment letter from them.

2) No. Just you. They actually prefer that you take nobody with you because of lack of space.

Thanks BornintheRSA, I went through the link and it seems like the office where I am suppose to take my 'finger prints' is my District Office.

This is one of the fastest EAD processing times I have seen here. It took only 1 month for EAD ??? Has anyone else experienced this, I understand that it generally takes 2-3 months, but every now and then I see someone who got it in like 1 month and that always surprises me ! How dod you do this ? Is this dependent on your DO ?

Hello Every body, this an updated in my case, it going smooth and in good track. Today when i went to take the fingers prints, at 3:00 p.m. there was only me in the room, everybody was gone. so it was real fast. pls keep post it.

04/20/09 Day 20- LUD, I-130 and I-485, case Transfer from MSC to CSC(to speed up)

Good luck to everybody on their petitions / GC applications and the process in general. I'm hoping for a smooth process myself. I know one thing I am fortunate for, and that is the fact that I live like 10 minutes from the USCIS office here in Pittsburgh so hopefully that should work to some advantage when/if it comes time for the final interview.

Minor update (as shown in Blue and Bold):

AOS Timeline:
Checks Cashed 04/29/2009

hello Everybody, just to updated Timeline my case, today I was surprised again when I recieved another LUD, I guess is because yesterday I completed my fingerprints,

04/28/09 day 28- LUD I-130,I-485-now pending at the office to which itwas transferred
01/29/09 day 29- LUD, I-130-I-485, I-765
01/30/09 day 30- LUD, I-130- I-485

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everybody: now I', surprise, I just open my email and I found this new LUD, I do not understand what it means first they transfer my case to CSC to speed up and now this, can someone explain me pls:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

like you i got this LUD on my AOS application, we shall wait and see what happens. re no interview likely thing there is a lot of people on the visajourney forums who have been transfered on aos recently and randomly recieved GC in mail without interview.

like you i got this LUD on my AOS application, we shall wait and see what happens. re no interview likely thing there is a lot of people on the visajourney forums who have been transfered on aos recently and randomly recieved GC in mail without interview.

Hello: Tinkerbelluk: it seen like our case is similar, let keep post it in here to see how this case develop, and find out what is going on. After you told me about the research, I did mine as well, and it seen like a lot of ppl who recieved this LUD and transfer to CSC, basically they work this cases real quick, let, keep our fingers cross that evrtyhing will be fine and good luck in your application. i'll be here to support each other and the rest of the group.:)

Hello all,

Just opened my mailbox today and found my NOA's. Update is as follows:

AOS Timeline:
Checks Cashed 04/29/2009
Recieved NOA's (I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131) 05/02/2009

One question though, I tried adding these cases to my portfolio on uscis.gov and it says incorrect case number. The site says that case numbers start with "EAC, SRC, LIN, WRC" however on my notices all the numbers begin with "MSC". Has anybody else had this?

Thank you,

CJ

RFE for mom's birth certificate

Hello All,

Applied 130,485,131 for mom and today got RFE for birth certificate.

Here is situation; I have submitted 2 affidavits of birth certificates along with all other required documents except Non availability of birth certificate

1. Affidavit of birth from grandma (mom's mom)
2. Affidavit of birth from Mom's maternal uncle

Unfortunately i couldn't get Non availability of birth certificate. RFE says states like below

"In order to process your application further, you will need to submit a copy of the applicant’s birth cerficate.If the document is in language other than English, you must submit a copy of the foreign language document and English translation. "

Since I can't get Non availability of birth cerficate and have 2 affidavits of birth certificate, what is the easiest way of dealing with this RFE? MOM born in 1949 and since there is no registration of birth before 1960 in India, going to local Indian consulate (Houston) and getting birth certificate will work?

Please give idea, who is in this type of situation. Let’s say I will get birth certificate from Indian consulate then do I need to submit only consulate birth certificate or certificate along with affidavits again?

Thanks in advance for your valuable advice

Small update, recieved my biometrics appointment letter today (wife texted me and informed me of the newest USCIS correspondence to hit our mailbox).

AOS Timeline:
04/20/2009 Sent AOS Package (I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131, I-639 etc)
04/22/2009 AOS Package received by USCIS (Signed for by V BUSTAMANTE)
04/29/2009 Checks Cashed
05/02/2009 Recieved NOA's (I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131)
05/04/2009 Recieved Biometrics Appointment letter (for Friday, May 15 at 3 pm)

Wow, I can't update my signature any longer. Can't be longer than 500 characters EXCLUDING BB code? How is it that some people have longer signatures? Is there a way around it?