April 2009, Filers, Post here

04/09 rec'd
04/18 Cashed

Waiting for official letter.

I am F1 now; when does AOS status start? After that, do I still have to maintain F1 or not?

hello, Vijay: I'm glad to heard from again, well let me tell you one of my friends had the same situation like yours, check cashed but nto reciept, she called the toll free 3 from USCIS, and she talk to a customer rep. and the she trasnfer the case to an Oficcer she checked the case and she requested her a copy of her reciept, she told her that she will try, that she wasn't gonna promise but in a way she beg her and after 4 days she recieved all 3 reciept, ( I-130, I-485, and the work permit), try it, but make sure to take the case Number from the back of your check, and give it to her, then just ask her if she can do that, good luck.

Thanks for the information babepen09. Luckily, i got my NOA's today. But for some reason, it seems like they aren't showing up online

Received notices for I-130,I-485,I-131 from USCIS with notice date 04/15/09
------------------------------------------------------------------
04/08/09:BD00: Application sent for Mother (I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, I-765, I-131 mailed to USCIS)
04/09/09:BD1: Fedex Delivered the package to the destination.
04/16/09:BD9: Checks cashed from my bank account
04/18/09: Received notices from USCIS with NOA DATE 04/15/09

Checks cashed 3 days ago and but no receipt details , online bank check doesn't have any details and sorry we don't have information at this time message displayed .Is there any other way to find receipt details or wait for INS to send letters?

04/08/09:BD00: Application sent for Mother (I-130, I-485, I-864,I-693, G-325A, I-765, I-131 mailed to USCIS)
04/167/09: Received notices from USCIS with NOA DATE 04/15/09

Hey guys,

I recently became a US citizen and am planning to file green card for my parents. They have been visiting us every year for last 10 years and are coming again in May 2009. Do I need to wait 90 days before I can file I130 on their behalf? I read in a couple of places that if you file immediately after their arrival, it creates a duality of intent, since they are entering US with Non-immigrant intent but then filing for I130 creates an Immigrant intent. I am thoroughly confused and would appreciate any pointers that you may have.

Also, does anyone know if Consular processing is faster that I485 (AOS) - I am based out of Colorado.

Thanks much in advance to all of you in this community, who have made it so successful.

Ashish

April 2009 Filer

Hello

I am from New York and my USC wife has sponsored me to get Adjustment of Status through marriage. Since we couldn't afford a lawyer, we did all the applications ourselves. And thanks to everyone on this forum, we were able to complete and submit the package (forms i-130, i-485, i-765) without any problems. Here is my time line:

-April 3rd, 2009: Mailed package via USPS priority Mail from New York
-April 6th, 2009: Package received at Chicago Lockbox
-April 17th, 2009: Received NOA's for all three applications

As of today, the receipt numbers are not available online and I am waiting for my fingerprint appointment letter. In the meantime, I am contemplating if I should apply for my travel documents while my case is pending, just in case I decide to travel outside the United States this summer. I understand I have to file form i-131, but the form is a little confusing. So I was hoping if someone can help me clarify a few items in this form, such as:

-Part 1, Question 3: What do I put for “Class of Admission”?
-Part 2, Application type: Which letter should I select?
-Part 3, Questions 1 and 2: What if I don’t have an exact travel time since I haven’t planned my trip yet, can I just put an estimate?

Thanks in advance for any help regarding this matter and good luck to all of you April 2009 filers.

Hello all,

Long time lurker, occasional poster, first time filer for AOS. Good luck to all, looking forward to your updates and providing my own updates as well.

Sent AOS Package: April 20, 2009 (USPS Priority w/ Signature Confirmation)

Case Status Update

April filer (adjustment of status based on marriage to US citizen, currently on a valid H1-B visa)...below is my case status (updated).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Day 00 04-02-2009 Mailed applications via FedEx (I-485, I-765, I-130)
Day 04 04-06-2009 Application delivered to Chicago Lockbox
Day 12 04-14-2009 Application fee checks cashed
Day 14 04-16-2009 NOAs received (one for each application), case status showed up online
Day 18 04-20-2009 Biometrics appointment notice received (for 05-05-2009)

Hello Everybody, we all welcome all the April filers and anyone who need support, welcome, SpeedyGonzalez, and good luck in our new adventure.
Vijay, I'm so happy that finally you got your NOA's and now waiting for your fingerprints.
Marbo08, I wish you the same, let pray that everything will go very smooth for all of us.
the same for you Vasu120, and any other that I didn't mention in here but I know we all are here in the same situation.
We need more post and here we are April Filers, let support to each other.and pls do n't forget to post the timeline of case along with you guys' location/district office. Good luck.

Thank you babepen09;

Thank you babepen09 for welcome....I wish /pray that all of our applications will be approved without big pains.

God bless all of us as well all members in this forum..

04/18/09: Received notices from USCIS with NOA DATE 04/15/09

Hello Everybody, we all welcome all the April filers and anyone who need support, welcome, SpeedyGonzalez, and good luck in our new adventure.
Vijay, I'm so happy that finally you got your NOA's and now waiting for your fingerprints.
Marbo08, I wish you the same, let pray that everything will go very smooth for all of us.
the same for you Vasu120, and any other that I didn't mention in here but I know we all are here in the same situation.
We need more post and here we are April Filers, let support to each other.and pls do n't forget to post the timeline of case along with you guys' location/district office. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Filed for Wife in India, I am a US citizen
04/06/2009 - Mailed I-130,G325A
04/17/2009 - Received Receipt in mail with case number (NOA1)
Waiting for approval now

Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing

Hello: Everybody, today I finally could update my info.in the USCIS web page, after I submit all the reciept #, I got an LUD on 485 and I-130,and an email from CRIS stating that the case is transferred to the CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing. What does it mean? and did any one else have got update like this?

hello: nycfeng: that a good question, how do they have my email, I guess in my info is my email, or maybe when I create my profile, I have to put an email, everytime, you change a password, or any modification in your portafolio, the CRIS will send you an email confirming the change it, so maybe that how recieved that. but I'm just concern if by tranfering my case from the NSC, to CSC, it a good sign or not?, I hope it will be for good. Did you put your info, and the reciept # in their website?. Pls let me know ok

babepen09, I just put my receipt number, which starts with MSC..... on the Check Case Status box on USCIS homepage...

Then ,,,

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Your case can not be found at this time in Case Status Online. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Thank you for your support babepen09. I've added my location and district office....

April filer (adjustment of status based on marriage to US citizen, currently on a valid H1-B visa)...below is my case status (updated).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
District Office: Newark, NJ
Day 00, 04/02/2009 Mailed applications via FedEx (I-485, I-765, I-130)
Day 04, 04/06/2009 Application delivered to Chicago Lockbox
Day 12, 04/14/2009 Application fee checks cashed
Day 14, 04/16/2009 NOAs received (one for each application), case status showed up online
Day 18, 04/20/2009 Biometrics appointment notice received (for 05/05/2009)

Hi Guys..joining the club..posted package today(I-130,I-485,I-131,I-765)
Day 00, 4/23/2009 Mailed Application

Received Biometric notice

Today received Received Biometric notice for mom and scheduled on 05/08/09
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04/24/09 : Received Biometric notice (appointment date 05/8/09)

hello everybody: I'm very optimistic with all the cases, are going smoothly so far, maybe few issues, but I hope little by little we will fix it, just try to keep posting an updated of each case. and I hope to heard good news soon.