Applicants with FP done and I-140 Pending.....

Received FP Notice I-140 not Approved

FP Date 21-May-04
RD : 30-Oct-2003
ND : 03-Nov- 2003
i-140 still pending

FP

Naanshi,

I got FP notice dated april15 scheduled on may 19.

May be we are in the boat.

Abid
I140-RFE rece 04/16
Receipt Date 09/23/03

FP

I got FP notice dated april15 scheduled on may 25.

Thanks
Srisathya
I765/I131/I140/I485 ND 11/10/2003
STILL WAITING FOR APPROVAL FOR I765/I131/I140/I485
GOT INTERIM EAD

Finger Print

When FP is sent out, does the online status get changed ?

also i reported a change of address recently...does FP notice gets forwarded to new address automatically??

hi! For nanshi

I got Fp notice for 05/25/2004 along with my wife but my I-140 is still pending detail as bvelow

I140/I485 filled concurrently ND 07/09/2003
EAd/Ap approved :09/01/2003
I-140????????/waiting

as you said those filled concurrently may get appoval Togather I140/I485 ???????????????

Please reply

Speculation

Chander..
I think its mere speculation. All of rational theories do get thrown out of the door when it comes to understanding of the process.

Done with 1st FP - LIN-04-XXX

Done with 1st FP - LIN-04-XXX

NSC-EB3-- LIN-04-xxx-xxxxx- I-140/I-485 Concurrently.

RD: 02/20/2004

ND: 02/25/2004

EAD/AP Recd.: 04/19/2004

1st FP Done: 04/20/2004

:mad: :mad: :mad: Looks like concurrent fillers are screwed by INS this time. I 140 will not be processed till I 485 is ready to be process, that means AC21 is thrown out of question. Also attroney certified route is also out. Seems to me it is one more way INS trying to delay whole GC process.

http://www.murthy.com/bulletin.html#1

I 140 will not be processed till I 485 is ready to be process, means I140 for all of us will not be processed untill our FP is done and the FBI sends the Report to the service center which will be at least the middle of june.

:( :( :(

As per AC21 Law, you can change employer, if your I-485 is pending for more than 180 days and if You join in same or similar job. Where is in the law, they said about I-140 approval? USCIS cannot stop us using AC21 law. They take 2 years to process I-140 and do we have to wait for two years to use AC21? If so, what is the purpose of AC21 law?

nanshi.

Originally posted by naanshi
As per AC21 Law, you can change employer, if your I-485 is pending for more than 180 days and if You join in same or similar job.

*** True

Where is in the law, they said about I-140 approval?

*** I140 need not be approved to use AC21

USCIS cannot stop us using AC21 law. They take 2 years to process I-140 and do we have to wait for two years to use AC21? If so, what is the purpose of AC21 law?

*** What happens if your current employer withdraws the i140 petition.? then I485 will also be denied.

nanshi.

Madhu,
Here you go....

"The BCIS also confirmed that the withdrawal of the underlying I-140 after the I-485 has been pending 180 days does not affect the validity of the underlying I-140 or the employee's ability to use AOS portability."

Looks like, after 180 days, withdrawal of I-140 or denial of I-140, AFTER the applicant informed USCIS about AC21 with new Employment letter, that I-140 HAS NO MEANING.

nanshi.

hi nanshi,

i could not understand ur last mail about BCIS confirmation and AOS portability ,can u explain it again.one more thing is the new program even for people who have filed before 4/30.If not then why is everyone worried that 140 will not be processed till 148 is processed. thanks in advance

AC-21

Naanshi,
where did u get the following info from??
"The BCIS also confirmed that the withdrawal of the underlying I-140 after the I-485 has been pending 180 days does not affect the validity of the underlying I-140 or the employee's ability to use AOS portability."

- If the above is true, that's probably an important piece of info for all of us who filed concurrent and are waiting for I-140 approval / waiting to use AC-21 ---at this time...

Naanshi, please confirm your source..it would be very helpful..

Originally posted by waitingforDOL
hi nanshi,

i could not understand ur last mail about BCIS confirmation and AOS portability ,can u explain it again.one more thing is the new program even for people who have filed before 4/30.If not then why is everyone worried that 140 will not be processed till 148 is processed. thanks in advance

This means
1. If your I-485 is pending for more than 180 days AND
2. If you find a job which is same or similar as the job, for which the I-140 filed.

Then you can change the employer, without worrying about your pending I-140. You have to send a letter with new employer letter to USCIS when you change employer.

Why people are worried about I-140???? If you continue with sponsor, you MUST get your I-140 approval to get your I-485 approval.

Suppose, a person gets RFE for Company Financial and he knows that his company is not doing well. He changes his employer, who is a very big company with 2000 employees and informs USCIS about the job change. In that case, why should USCIS cares about the Sponsor company's Financial ability, where the applicant is no longer works.

And also memo confirms that if employer withdraws I-140 petiton after 180 days, I-485 will be processed as normal. So same thing should happen even if I-140 petition is denied.

MJ23,
Here is the source.

http://www.tafapolskyandsmith.com/news/2003aug11.html

nanshi.

We will know the status before June 2004

As per the recent NSC memo, they have already started/tested a new processing method and expecting initial delay.

If this is true, we (2003 filers) will see all our I140/I485 approvals after 3-4 weeks of FP. We may suspect how come CIS will approve our application even though there are other applicants waiting in the queue since Jan 2002. We have seen many I140 approved for year 2004 filers even though too many 2003 filers still waiting for I140 approval. So it's usual with CIS, especially when they introduce a new processing method.

It is still hard to understand or predict how CIS process all our applications, but I feel good as long as they maintain some moral.

About Finger Print Notice..

I have not yet recieved a FP notice,even though My ND is 9/26/03. I was wondering what was the status online when you got your notice in mail. Did online status reflect the issue of notice?

Re: About Finger Print Notice..

It didn't change. Check with your Law firm, your Attorney also receives notification about your FP.

I think, online status reflects only after completing FP.

Originally posted by astreix
I have not yet recieved a FP notice,even though My ND is 9/26/03. I was wondering what was the status online when you got your notice in mail. Did online status reflect the issue of notice?

naanshi

Thanks for the below info. atleast we do not need to worry about the employer with drawing the I140 past 180 days of I485.

I think that is the reason why many employers are not happy with the concurrent filing.

Originally posted by naanshi
Madhu,
Here you go....

Looks like, after 180 days, withdrawal of I-140 or denial of I-140, AFTER the applicant informed USCIS about AC21 with new Employment letter, that I-140 HAS NO MEANING.

nanshi.