Applicants Who Filed/or About To File Form I-129f For A K-3 Visa, Please Share Your Story Here

K3 vs K1

I saw a site that said K3 can be quicker to get than K1. True? Also, what\'s the avg turn-around for K3 in CA district? I assume slow since probably the busiest.

Not Sure

All K3 cases are being Processed Through Chicago Once you have the Receipt of I-130 received at your Regional Office you are Qualified to Apply for K3 It took me From August 30 to Nove 14 for the Whole K3 Process and I live in North East good Luck.also It better to Consult with An Attorney, Good Luck
B.Ahmed

Re: Processing time after K3 is approved and sent to Consulate in India

Hi,

My K3 petition was approved on October 19. It was sent to Consulate on Nov 7 and finally the interview is scheduled on Jan18. Just a timeline. Yours might be earlier. Good luck!!

Also, I had asked that petition be sent to Delhi, and in all my corrrespondence from INS and NVC it was mention US consulate Delhi, but guess what, the petition was sent to Bombay. SO keep your fingers crossed

Thanks for the advice.

They had checked only one item on the list. It was a copy of the marriage certificate in my native language plus translation. I did send them a notorized copy of both. However, the other documents I had already sent them were not notorized. In the letter they send me, they did not ask for the notorized documents and as mentioned above the wanted only one item. Doen\'t you think they would have asked me if they were needed? need advice.
Another quetion, there is an item on the back of the requested letter which reads as follow:

CUD 03/01/02.
It is a date, but I don\'t know what kind of date it is? However, on the front, it says, I have only 87 days to send them the requested item or they will deny my application. I don\'t know if the CUD above refers to this dateline. If it does, it is 91 days not the 87 days that they mentioned. I need help.
Thnak you so much.
Al

Not Sure

CUD I am not sure what that is! What does letter Indicates? what are they looking for additional Documents I hope its clear what are they looking For If you\'ve sent them Notorized Copy Translation of your Merrriage certificate, If that what they are looking for! As far as CUD is concern I think Its just the codes for the time line or for some record keping purpose.
Just send them what they asked for as soon as possible.
Good Luck
B.Ahmed

I too had that happen Mr. Dehghani...but NO worries

I had 3 things checked on my notice! (1)They wanted a copy of my birth certificate to verify I was a USC. I also made a copy of the information page of my passport for them as well. (2)They wanted a copy of my marriage certificate. (3)They wanted a copy of the translation if not in English.

I received this request for additional information on a Friday, about 30 days after sending the original petition to Chicago. I made copies of all the requested items at work that weekend. Monday morning I sent the documents back to the MSC in Lee\'s Summit on 11/19/01 by certified mail. But they didn\'t sign for it until 11/27/01. So much for paying to have it delivered the next day. But anyway, I received a NOA of approval on 12/10/01. Then just the other day, 12/24/01, I received a letter from NVC in New Hampshire that my approved I-129F was forwarded to the US Consulate overseas.

As for the CUD, I was wondering what it was too. I finally figured it out as you did. The CUD date and the number of days it says you have to return the information go hand in hand. So don\'t worry Mr. Dehghani, just send them the requested info and you will be fine. Hope this sets your mind at ease.

Regards,
Robert

Thank you

I did send the only item they wanted ( the marriage certificate in my native language as well as in English)on 12/10/01 and they received it on 12/11/01 the next day! Hope to get the good news soon.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and advice, it helped alot.

Best regards,
Al

Thank you

I already sent them the requested info. I called the 1-800 number yesterday and asked about CUD, they said, it is the dateline for you to send them the requested info. As RMW mentioned, he also had the same experience.
Thanks again for your time.
Best Regards,

Al

K3 Visa

I think I have the same problem, on Nov 24th I received a letter from
the Missouri office to send them my G325A and a Marriage Certificate in my native language, so I sent it on the 26th of Nov and till today
12/28 I haven\'t heared anything from them...Did you hear anything from them or what could it be?

??????

Seems to me like they are finding something to delay the Process, All of the people here at this Message Board had sent a copy of the Marriage certificate Along with their Native Language Copy, Why are they asking Again its looks like suspicious to me, Then again I could be compeletly wrong.
B.Ahmed

No news yet!!

I sent them the copy of the marriage certificate in my native language
on 12/10/01 and was received on 12/11/01. I have not heared anything since then. However, i should mention that I had not sent this copy with my original application before. I had sent them only the translated copy, I thought the one in my native language was not needed becauose they were not able to read it. Now, I know they needed both of them no matter what. May be they just wanted for the record.

Al

Make Sense

I guess that\'s make sense now, Anyway good luck and hope the new year brings you happiness and lots of luck
B.Ahmed

CP Question

Bhmed,

would you know any info on How CP is handled in Islamabad these days? How long it takes to schedule paket 3.5 or interview etc?

thanks in advance.

CP insight

It took my fiance about 2 1/2 weeks after I was approved to receive her 3.5. Her interview letter was mailed to her 2weeks after her 3.5 was received by the embassy in Pakistan. Her interview is scheduled for early January 2002.

To summarize. I started the visa process on Sept 20th 2001, I received the LOA on Oct 15th. I received the Letter of Approval 21 days after that. My fiance sent the 3.5 and it was received on Nov 27 and her letter for the interview was sent on Dec 10. Her interview is scheduled for Jan 9th 2002. All the processing was done at the Vermont office.

I hope this helps.

Kam

Hi Kam

Kam,

Did you go through any preparation of any police certification either from pakistan or Embassy in NY? or may be it is not required.

Does the medical docs comes with packet 3.5 or interview appointment letter?

I work in US and afraid that I will not be able to go to Islamabad two times (once for medical and second for interview).

any help is appreciated.

B

I-129F questions

Hi folks. I\'m about to file for the K3 visa for my wife and I have some questions and would appreciate any knowledgable persons taking a moment of their valuable time to let me have some answers.

Do I actually need to send in my original Certificate of Naturalization with the I-129F? Can\'t I just send in a notarized copy of my passport instead? What would you suggest? How long do the original documents take to come back?

Also, and I\'m aware that not everybody might have an answer to this question, but going through all of the posts, nobody mentioned having received a K3 visa at the New Delhi Embassy. Could that be because they are not issuing this type of visa as per their notice from last year or has anything changed since then? Finally, would I be correct in assuming that the K3 timeline is around 4-5 months.

Thanks in advance for your response.