Applicants Who Filed/or About To File Form I-129f For A K-3 Visa, Please Share Your Story Here

No I-134

Eren,
I don\'t understand I think These People doesn\'t have too much information on K3, I guess its still new for them, Good luck I hope everything goes well with you and your Husband.
B.Ahmed

K3 visa procedure...no clue!!

I have filed my I 130 in April it got approved in July then I filed my K 3 that too got approved in Oct but there are still no sign of my husband its been 8 months....finally after all the follow up...etc...the papers reached the consulate in Bombay where they shrugged hom off giving him indefinite answers saying will take another 2 months...whats the use of K 3...its totally emotional torture....am very frustrated.....also the NVC hasnt received the I 130 they r asking me to file duplicate....all over again...its ridiculous....have been and will continue praying every day that there is an end to this.......

Fellow American Desi and Mumbai Desini can sympathize

Hello Kunash,

I can definitely relate to the frustration of being separated from our significant other for so long (10 months and counting for me). I too have received K-3 petition approval in October, and my wife has since received forms in Mumbai which she dropped off this week. The clerk was kinda vague in terms of mentioning an interview date, and merely said either December or January. I have tried faxing, e-mailing, and calling the consulate on multiple occasions to try and persuade them for a December date. We can both only hope and pray for a quick end to this emotional torture. If you want to share any more information about the K-3 at Mumbai, feel free to post here.

Mumbai consulates ultimate answer

they say that they will send him an interview letter in 2 months and they cant do anything..else...in fact the K 3 visa expires in first week of FEB only consolence that he might be here atleast by then....does the emailing and calling help????then i can maybe start to do that also??????

Lets hope that Mumbai won\'t delay it further...

Kunash, Neil, I am in the same boat as you are. My wife and I are also very anxious to complete this process done so that we can put an end to this forced separation. We were very hopeful that we will be together for the holidays and New year but now it appears that it may be delayed. My wife submitted the first set of forms a few days ago and is waiting for the consulate to schedule the K-3 interview.

I get the feeling that whoever stated that the interview will be in Jan was only talking about an 10 to 20% chance, i.e. if they cannot schedule all the visa interviews in December itself - something like the first-second week of Jan instead of last week in December. I don\'t think there is a callous disregard for the families\' plight. The consulate is closed for five days between now and January (Veterans day, Diwali, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New year) which essentially is one full work week. That may be having a negative impact on the interview schedule.

The only other consulate that seems to be processing quicker is Chennai - I hear that they have already scheduled at least two K-3 interviews for the last week of Nov!! That is very impressive!!! But Chennai consulate covers a smaller geographical area as compared to Mumbai which caters to applicants from Gujarat to Assam. We should derive some consolation that Mumbai is not in the same category as Manila, Dhaka, or Moscow which don\'t seem to have even sent out the first set of forms.

Lets hope that there will be a good chance for the interviews to be scheduled in December itself. Lets hope that the State Dept\'s cable in early Sept advising the consulates to give higher priority to the K-3 visas will have some positive effect.

Couldn\'t agree with you more about the Mumbai consulate

GV, I am hoping for the best with the Mumbai consulate in regards to the K-3 as well. As for getting a December interview date, I noticed on the Mumbai consulate web page that all interviews are scheduled around the middle of the month for next month. It sounds like you and I have both had our spouses get the forms in before that, however with all the holidays it will be hard to tell. I plan on continuing to e-mail them and my wife will try to call, hoping for a Dec. date.

k-3 Consulate response from Manila

My wife called the Consulate in Manila and they said her forms were sent to her last week already. Once she receives the forms she will have to fill them out, get a medical check and go for fingerprinting and then submit all the forms to the Consulate and from there it will take about 3-4 weeks for them to process the paperwork. They told her there is no interview since she will interview here in the states when the I-130 gets approved. Once the Consulate approves the paperwork there will be a week delay for the Visa and then she can return home. So there is hope. I know she won\'t be home for the holidays but I will be happy she will be home soon. I submitted my I-130 in July and have no word yet.
If everything goes as my wife was told then this whole K-3 process for me will have taken 4 months. Definitely worth it since my brother in law has been waiting for almost a year for his wife\'s I-130 to be approved...actually she was approved but no date has been scheduled for an interview, so it will be almost one year now for him.
I hope this information helps.
I also want to say thanks for everyone who posted

Phone number

Hi Friends,
I have not received any notice for my I129. I have mail that on 15th oct. Which number do I call. Chicago or somewhere else.

Sachin

Mumbai interview schedule??

Neil, Kunash, any response from Mumbai Consulate re: K-3 visa interview schedule? The consulate web page has not been updated yet...Thanks for your reply!

i got letter from NVC

hello guys i got letter from NVC saying that they have received my spouse\'s file and they will send it to perticular Consulate over seas, Does any one know if i will be receiving any papers from nvc coz i have to fill some forms out and i havent received any forms yet. please let me know if i have to fill any forms, did anyone had this sitution please let me know
thanks

2nd set of forms from Mumbai Consulate

The Mumbai Consulate has sent the second set of instructions and forms. My wife\'s K-3 interview is scheduled for Jan 7th. Looks like the consulate is backlogged and the holidays are having a negative impact on the interview schedule.

Congrats

I suppose thats all you gonna get from NVC. The next steps is all depends on the consulate. Some consulate you can just walk in with appropriate papers, some requires packets send to them by beneficiary. And in my particular case they send packet with an appointment date. Anyhow it\'s better to prepare an I-134 with appropriate supporting evidence and send to your spouse.

It is a good ides to contact the consulate for further instruction.
Joe

Great News

Dear Erin and all the Friends who are waiting for their Families, I came back last night from Pakistan with my wife with K3 Visa which was issued at Islamabad.
Appointment was set For November 14 2001 It went very Smooth all I needed was to Fill out an Visa Application along with one photo face front Like the Passport photo and Visa fee $45.00 and Original Approved Petition From INS and I-134, and Letter from your Employer and Last years Income Tax Certified Forms Form your Local IRS Office.
Certified and English Translated Copies of your Spouse\'s Birth certificate and Marriage and Divorce (If any) Certificate, and Make sure its Completed make sure all Documents are notarized from USA.
K3 Visa was Issued for two year multiple Visa.
Last but not the least Make sure you bring pictures of your wedding and you should be fine. Good luck to all of you guys any questions Please Post
B.Ahmed

Received Notice of Action

Hi
I have received Notice of Action dated 11/24/2001 for I-129F (K3)
what could be next step? And how long it will takes.

Congratulation Bhmed.

Sachin

Thank You

Seems like Its Another Few weeks before the Petition gets Approved. After the Petition is Approved It will be Forwarded to National Visa Center (NVC) They will take about two or three weeks and Forward it to the Consulate to get Processed.Then the consulate will take another week or so to schudule the interview.
You\'re Actually Looking at a Month or more good luck, If you have any more questions Please let me Know.
B.Ahmed

Great

Bhmed Great, I am going india next month and if everything goes by plan then I will bring her with me. (if it will takes less then two month)

Sachin

Great

Seems like you will be fine make sure you have all the following Documents that I had mention on my earlier post Copy of your marriage and Divorce or Death certificate and I-134 Letter From your Employer and Copy of you last years Income Tax From your Local IRS Office Just got there they will print it out for you and they will stamp it also They may ask you For what Purpose Just tell them For Immigration.
Lots of Luck
B.Ahmed

Does anybody know?

After two months from the time I sent my application to Chicago, the MSC office asked me to send them a copy of the marriage certificate in my native language.I send them last week. Would this affect the processing time?
like delaying it two more months? like starting all over (timewise).Did any of you have any problem similar to this where you had to send them more documents and caused more delay with your case.Need help.
Thanks.
Al

Sorry To HEar tha

I am sorry to hear that they are asking you For some more Documents Did you sent them the copies of the orignal along with Notorized Copies of all the required Documents. If not you Should
Good Luck
B.Ahmed