Applicants Who Filed/or About To File Form I-129f For A K-3 Visa, Please Share Your Story Here

NVC NUMBER

Hi Mary,
The NVC NO IS 603 334 0700. SELECT OPTION 2 THEN PRESS 1, YOU WILL THEN BE CONNECTED TO THE OPERATOR.

DEJI, WHEN WAS YOUR FILE RECEIVED MY THE NVC?

And you are saying, they told you that it was already sent to the Consulate?

Can you clarify, please.

thank you.

No Title

Yes Eren, i was told it was sent to the consulate yesterday. My File got into their computer at NVC early last week. I will call the consulate by friday to comfirm if they got it.

Thanks Eren.

Hi Eren..I called the NVC today.. They said they already have my file..but they havent sent it yet. I guess it takes time. He also told me that they will email the petetion info instead of mailing it. I would think that email would be faster, but I dont think that its true. My file was approved over two weeks ago. It should have alredy been sent to the consulate..but I guess they are taking the time to check the petitions. I guess I should start gathering the affidative support forms. You know never know how soon all this might come around.
Anyway..thanks alot.

hello guys can anyone answer to my question please?

Hey guys i got my receipt for action dated on 10/4/2001. but after that i havent heard any thing from ins and i was wondering why but do u guy have any clue that why i havent heard but i was thinking that its not 30 days yet. can u guy please advise me where should i call to find out status of my case. please help me out with this thing.
thanks you very much.

That\'s really good news, Deji.

That means, that if the file got to the NVC early last week and it went to the Consulate yesterday, that means it was only at the NVC for a week. Contrary to what they actually say 2-4 weeks at the NVC.

How much better is K-3 than waiting for Change of Status for Spouse of American?

hi,

can someone tell me how long the process of waiting for immigrant status instead of applying again for K-3 in between? trying to do it faster yet cheaper if not much difference anyway?

thanks!

Some disturbing news :(

I just read on another message board that some of the Consulates are not issuing K-3 visas yet and tell people that it will be faster for them to come to the U.S. through the I-130.

this is really disturbing since the law has past regarding the K-3, so why aren\'t they issuing it.

Has anyone heard that too? Or anything else regarding this?

Thanks.

rather disturbing..

I find this news just as disturbing as you Eren.
I was talking to my husband today and he was telling me the same thing. I hope this is not true. Now we cant even relay on I-130. We cant go back to I-130. This is very bad. They have made this process longer and more tedious than before and this makes absolutely no sence.
I am thinking about writing it to my congressman.

No Title

I received my 1st NOA from Chicago on 10/26/01.
I have the following questions:

1) How long does it take to get the 2nd NOA?
2) Does the 2nd NOA come from Chicago?
3) Does the Approval letter come from MSC?
4) How long does this take?

Need help.
Thanks,
Al

Some interesting details from the London Consulate re: K-3 processing

Today, I received one of many e-mails I\'ve been receiving from one of the Consuls at the London Consulate. So far they\'ve received two approvals from the NVC, but they weren\'t for my husband.

The process in England is as follows:

As soon as NVC approves the petition, it\'s e-mailed with info on the petitioner to the Consulate. The Consulate in the mean time does not open a provisional file as they do with the K-1. They also do not required Affidavit of Support I-134, therefore I-864 is not needed either for now (I mailed in I-134 not knowing that it\'s not needed. Oh, well). All they required is a letter from the Employer verifying my employment, so I can show that I can at least support my husband for the first 3 months before he gets his Work Authorization.

The consul did not mention anything about sending my husband any extra documentation other than what he already filled out and delivered to the Consulate.

That\'s all the news for now.

Al, he by mistake took everything that was expected of him at the time of the interview.

He even brought the originals. I gave him "hell" about it, but I guess it\'s not as bad as I thought, since the Consul wrote to me that we have a choice either to leave the docs there until the time of the interview or my husband can come and take those documents they don\'t need back home and come back later with them. I chose the first option.

No Title

Hi eren,
Don\'t make that mistake again. My friends lost his greencard. He filed for his relative and send original as stated in forms and he has not receive that back after 2 years. I know it is different case but INS is INS.

SB

I-134 or I-864????????

Hi Eren,

Did you ever find out for sure which one of the Affidavid of supports was needed in your case?
 Eventhough I told you that I was going to send both. Now, I\'m debating if this is a good Idea. I would like to send them the right one.

Al

Al, London Consulate doesn\'t want any of the affidavits

That\'s after I was told first to send the I-134 and later I-864, I was told that I shouldn\'s send anything. Well, I already did send the I-134 anyway.

You should check with your consulate. Some consulates expect you to send one. I would assume it would be the I-134.

Good luck!