Applicants Who Filed/or About To File Form I-129f For A K-3 Visa, Please Share Your Story Here

I too, got the good news today!

Called NVC and was told that cable went out to the consulate in Edinburgh, Scotland. The problem is that my husband is in London and Edinburgh consulate doesn\'t issue visas. NVC didn\'t know that. So, now I have to make sure the info will be forwarded to London.

I got a letter from NVC.

Eren,
I got a letter from NVC today. It stated that my approved file has been sent to the consulate my husband will file for k3 visa at. They said that soon my husband will get a packet giving him information on how to apply for the K3 visa. I am not sure as to what happens after this. I hope something comes soon. I think you are right about the affidative support forms. I think there is no need for such things.
Have you heard about anything else?

I129F sent

Hi
I have send I129(for K3) on Oct-15th with register, return receipt mail. I have not received yet return receipt.

What do I do?

S-P-B

No Title

Hi Eren

Thanks for the advice.
Can you tell me the time and places that your file had to go through to get to NVC? For example, the 1st NOA, 2nd NOA, approval, and so on.
I recently got my 1st NOA from Chicago.
Thanks.
Al

Notice From NVC

Yesterday, 11/01 dated 10/27, I received a notice from NVC, According to NVC they have Forwarded My Approved Petition to The Consulate where K3 Visa will be Issued.
 I called The Consulate directly to find out the Time line for the Appointment letter with the package to be sent out for Processing, They told me it will be this month, I guess its a good news.
B.Ahmed

Hi, Al.

Well, the letter from Chicago was dated 10/12. NVC entered into their system on 10/24. Yesterday they told me that on 10/30 a cable and/or fax was sent to Scotland. They even gave me a case number for Scotland. Scotland doesn\'t process visas. Only London does.
I called the NVC today again. They told me they don\'t know who could give me the information regarding a cable going to Scotland, since in the system he can only see a case number for London and that a cable didn\'t go anywhere and that it will take from 2-3 more weeks before they send it to London. So, now I have no idea what is going on.

Mr. Ahmed, when did the NVC entered the info into their system?

I mean how long was your case in NVC before it was forwarded to the consulate? What consulate did it go to?

When did you receive your approval (date of approval) from Chicago?

Thank you.

Approval From Chicago

I received an Approval from chic ago on Oct 15 2001 posted on Oct 12,2001. sent over to NVC.
NVC entered into their system on 24 Oct and E.-mailed and Forwarded on 27 Of Oct To ISLAMABAD Pakistan. According to Pakistani Consulate They Will be processing K3Visas Starting This month.
The Person at the Consulate was asking me some info like MSC number which I didn\'t have it handy at time, He told me call back it is going quick they will send my wife the info and the necessary Documents to Obtain K3 Visa.

Need help

hello Eren or anyone who knows about next step after approval,
I got approval for my spouse today dated on November 2nd 2001,
would you please let me know what do i have to do next. also please let me know if i have to send any papers to the ins.
Please let me know so i can get my spouse here as soon as possible. also i have called consulate and made sure and they are processing k3 visa in india.
thank you very much
pinesh

its from ins

its a second notice that i got from Ins.
and now my file has been sent to Missouri service center.
please let me know
thanks
Eren.

Pinesh, I am a little confused

You said your papers only now went to Missouri? Missouri is the INS Center where they approve your I-129F. So, which of the approvals did you already get?

You see, when you send I-129F to Chicago, it is automatically forwarded to the Missouri center. First they send you a letter saying that it will take from 30-60 days for the approval and then they send you another letter saying that it was approved and that it will be mailed to the NVC. Is that what you\'ve already received?

Of that\'s it, then your papers were forwarded to the NVC and it is not located in Missouri. If your papers were forwarded to the NVC, NVC will receive them, and input it into the system. It usually takes about 10 days after your file is in the system before they will forward it to the consulate. At this time you don\'t need to do anything.

Received notice from NVC

Hi everyone, I recently received an approval notice for my K-3 from the NVC with a message that it will be sent to the consulate in Manila, Philippines and they in turn will forward papers to my wife with instructions on how to file at the consulate. Has anyone received this type of message with their approval and if so have their spouse filed the papers with the consulate as of yet? Just trying to get a handle on how this process works from this point on and the approximate time frame. Also has anyone going thru this process with the Consulate in the Philippines heard any news on when they will start processing the K-3\'s?
Thank you
Mike

Final Stages

Eren,
Finally My wife had received the notice for an for appearance at the consulate at Islamabad in Pakistan on 11/14/2001.
They sent her a packet with bunch of stuff like Medical forms and Also Need an I134 complete also keep in mind that According to K3 rules NO Affidavit of Support is needed but I am step ahead I already have that prepared.
I will keep you posted after the interview and questions
B.Ahmed

Thank you for the info, Mr. Ahmed.

Well, I guess everything is going by the plan for you :)

I too received an notice from the NVC stating that the approval was sent to Edinburgh, Scotland (where we were married). They just didn\'t realize that Edinburgh consulate doesn\'s process K-3\'s or any kind of visas, so it has to be London. Then they realized the mistake and when I called the other day, they told me that it was sent to London.

Now, we just have to wait and see when they will send papers to my husband, even though he already took some of them to the consulate in London few weeks ago, together with the I-134 which is not needed in London. Oh, well.

I129F and Volentary departure- to Eren

Based on married with citizen we file I130 last July. It is now pending. But my asylum denied from BIA and send me paper for voluntary departure last August. I just filed for K3 this week. but before approval, have to leave based on my voluntary departure. How long does it take the I129F?. How about the I130? Is there a way to Adjust without leaving the country(even though judge decide that I have to leave)? We just have a baby last July and Am in a difficult situation. Please advice. Thanks.