Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Just received the Oath letter (can't believe that it came so fast). The Oath for my wife is on 3/08/16.
So, the entire process since the complaint was filed, took exactly 3 calendar months before the Oath's date.

So, $400+USPS fee (around $90) = was worth it!
For those who hesitate: do it, you can! We've just proved it!
Plus, you'll get extra judicial experience and will educate yourself!

Question for you guys. There're certain questions on the back side of the letter. One of them asks for travels outside since the immigration interview. Does this pertain since the initial interview (on 5/4/15) or the 2nd which we had on 2/4/16?

Thank you. I'd really appreciate all answers and, in particular, from those older forum members who have completed their Oaths already and had similar situations.

Last edited:
The clock "starts" once the office of US Attorney general gets the summon. So it has been started already last Monday.

Finally today I went to the local District Court and brought them all green receipts that I got back (5/9) and also brought 4 printed delivery confirmations. They accepted everything.

Summon for Loretta Lynch (US Attorney General) was delivered on: February 18, 2016 , 5:19 am
Summon for US Attorney for Delaware was delivered on: February 16, 2016 , 9:14 am

So the clock is ticking since Feb 18. So this is at least something considering today is Feb 29th.

Now I'll just wait and check my email and answer all phone calls.

BTW they they reach you (or your wife) first time did they call or email or did they send a letter or any notification?

BTW I just questioned myself - how can I know that all of my defendants were actually served successfully? Is there any easy way to learn that?

Finally today I went to the local District Court and brought them all green receipts that I got back (5/9) and also brought 4 printed delivery confirmations. They accepted everything.

Summon for Loretta Lynch (US Attorney General) was delivered on: February 18, 2016 , 5:19 am
Summon for US Attorney for Delaware was delivered on: February 16, 2016 , 9:14 am

So the clock is ticking since Feb 18. So this is at least something considering today is Feb 29th.

Now I'll just wait and check my email and answer all phone calls.

BTW they they reach you (or your wife) first time did they call or email or did they send a letter or any notification?
The USCIS' officer called on my wife's phone, and she (the officer) left a VM with her direct phone#. So, that was the sign, that USCIS has really stepped into: they never call you back, let alone provide with the personal phone to be reached at.
Than I checked my wife's e-mail box (same day) and saw the e-mail from the defendants attorney's office.
BTW I just questioned myself - how can I know that all of my defendants were actually served successfully? Is there any easy way to learn that?
Buddy, you "need a vacation" ("Terminator-2"):D. You got proof by means of the Green Receipts/prints.
"And nothing else matters" ("Metallica").
Yo Nicko! Congrats Man!! March 8 is when they celebrate International Women's Day in Russia, so it's nice coincidence.
Yeah, same was in Ukraine, in fact, that was a big celebration in the ex-USSR.

you "need a vacation"

I just want to get it done and move on. It takes too much energy and time. And money. So I'll just wait. I see your wife received a phone call about 1.5 months after you filed a complaint. Can you remember the date Attorney General actually got your summon? I guess it was somewhere in the middle between 12/7 and 1/25.

I just want to get it done and move on. It takes too much energy and time. And money. So I'll just wait. I see your wife received a phone call about 1.5 months after you filed a complaint. Can you remember the date Attorney General actually got your summon? I guess it was somewhere in the middle between 12/7 and 1/25.
Well, it was delivered on 12/14/15, but the Green Receipt was displaying 12/18/15.

Today at about 2pm EST I received a phone call from District Attorney office. She (the person who contacted me) told me that they got my complaint and already contacted USCIS and currently waiting for a reply from USCIS. Also later I got an email from that person too.

Anyway it's Fiday so I don't expect anything to happen before middle of next week.

Actually I didn't expect someone to reach me this week. Moral of today's story: always keep your phone with you.

But now I hope that my case will gain some speed soon. It's already 6+ months since my naturalization interview.

Today at about 2pm EST I received a phone call from District Attorney office. She (the person who contacted me) told me that they got my complaint and already contacted USCIS and currently waiting for a reply from USCIS. Also later I got an email from that person too.

Anyway it's Fiday so I don't expect anything to happen before middle of next week.

Actually I didn't expect someone to reach me this week. Moral of today's story: always keep your phone with you.

But now I hope that my case will gain some speed soon. It's already 6+ months since my naturalization interview.
It looks like your case is moving, now will see how the USCIS moves on.

This is what I sent along with my green receipts:

"To whom it may concern,

Please, be advised that United States Postal Service (USPS) misplaced and was not able to locate Green Return Receipt Cards (via Certified Mail) from the following defendants:

Jeh Johnson, US Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security; USPS tracking # ;

Leon Rodriguez, Director of US Citizenship and Immigration Services; USPS tracking # ;

Lori Scialabba, Deputy Director of US Citizenship and Immigration Services; USPS tracking # ;

Ur Mendoza Jaddou, Chief Counsel, US Citizenship and Immigration Services; USPS tracking # .

USPS was able to provide Plaintiff "Your name" with the e-copy of Green Return Receipt Cards for each abovementioned defendant (see attached).

Respectfully,

_______________________ Your name

Date"

What a coincidence, I am missing the Green Return receipts cards for exactly the same defendant. February 17th is the day I sent Feb 22/23 is when they received it. I think I must send what I have. Did you receive your Green card receipts or not yet ?

it looks like the green receipt is missing, did not get any yet, only the Electronic receipt.. will that be sufficient?
all mails where sent out Feb 17 th via certified mail return receipt

What a coincidence, I am missing the Green Return receipts cards for exactly the same defendant. February 17th is the day I sent Feb 22/23 is when they received it. I think I must send what I have. Did you receive your Green card receipts or not yet ?
No, but now it doesn't matter (see my posts above)

So, the citizenship's journey for my wife is over: we went to the Oath ceremony and the certificate is in our hand.
Can't believe that almost 5 year trip to destination "US Citizenship" is over: it started on May 16th 2011, the day when I submitted I-130 for my wife.

So, the citizenship's journey for my wife is over: we went to the Oath ceremony and the certificate is in our hand.
Can't believe that almost 5 year trip to destination "US Citizenship" is over: it started on May 16th 2011, the day when I submitted I-130 for my wife.
Yay! Congrats!!!
I had a dream 2 days ago that I received the oath letter. Well, it was just a dream...

Congratz nickoxx! Finally you guys can move on!

I'm still waiting for reply from District Attorney. This week passed quickly and no reply. Anyway they have plenty of time left. But next Friday on 18th it will be 1 month since they got summons.

Congratz nickoxx! Finally you guys can move on!

I'm still waiting for reply from District Attorney. This week passed quickly and no reply. Anyway they have plenty of time left. But next Friday on 18th it will be 1 month since they got summons.
Thank you, Sergey. I wish your trip ends soon positively pretty soon.
Since your defendants' attorney has already contacted you, I think you'll hear some news petty soon. They have 60 days to respond to your complaint, and I don't think they'd be willing to go to the court.
I'm surprised that your case (N-400) got stuck and you had to file 1447b. I do get the situation with my wife's N-400 to a certain degree, but in your case...
Keep us posted and I'd be happy to help you or others with thoughts/ideas.