Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Hi guys, I have been following this forum for many months.
I think it would be good to share my case with everyone here.
My case is similar to what everyone is having here: I got interviewed for naturalization on June 2015. I got approved and scheduled oath ceremony on July 2015 and 3 days later, they called me and told me that they would reopen my case and deschedule my oath ceremony. After 4 months without anything from them, I hired a big law firm. They promised to straighten it out in 1 month. Well, what they mostly did was INFOPASS to the USCIS office. I sent letter to Congress representative and Senator. Sometimes they replied that there was nothing wrong with my case and they would reschedule. Sometimes the USCIS told me that my case was still pending background check.
After trying everything, I hired another lawyer that has experience with suing the USCIS. We sent warning letter to the director of USCIS office in Santa Ana, CA on early Feb 2016. We will wait for 30 days for them to reply. If we get nothing from them, we will start suing them on March 2016 *finger crossed*
I will post updates on my case. I wish you the best of luck on your case. Please keep updating!

nickoxx year. I did call the clerk to confirm... it's 3summons for each defendant, and also the attorney general need not to be served as the US attorney represent her office.. making copies and mailing 18 summons +complains+ exhibits will cost my pocket.....
I really wonder why it is Kinder different here in North district court of texas!!!!

Hello guys
I am new member in this unique forum.I wish to have some help.I intend to sue USCIS for denial of applications for TPS&EAD
Do I sue with fedral court or immigration court,do I have to appeal the decision with USCIS first before going to court or to proceed directly to court.Please help.
You need to appeal with USCIS first: the case is gonna be pro novo with the different officer.

nickoxx year. I did call the clerk to confirm... it's 3summons for each defendant, and also the attorney general need not to be served as the US attorney represent her office.. making copies and mailing 18 summons +complains+ exhibits will cost my pocket.....
I really wonder why it is Kinder different here in North district court of texas!!!!
So, you guys have kinda different rules. Which is gonna effect your pocket for sure. I still don't get why does each defendant need 3 copies, it's unbelievable!

So, you guys have kinda different rules. Which is gonna effect your pocket for sure. I still don't get why does each defendant need 3 copies, it's unbelievable!

yea it's different... for instance I had to send one to Dallas district director... also same summons is sent to the US attorney and also a copy to the director of uscis.... Washington

Got 3 green receipts today from summons that were already delivered.

I forgot - should I wait till I get all other stuff or not? I also forgot when clock starts ticking 60 days? When I file any receipt in a District Court or when I get a green receipt back by mail?

nickoxx

BTW did they already send you the oath letter?

My case is similar to what everyone is having here: I got interviewed for naturalization on June 2015. I got approved and scheduled oath ceremony on July 2015 and 3 days later, they called me and told me that they would reopen my case and deschedule my oath ceremony. After 4 months without anything from them, I hired a big law firm. They promised to straighten it out in 1 month. Well, what they mostly did was INFOPASS to the USCIS office. I sent letter to Congress representative and Senator. Sometimes they replied that there was nothing wrong with my case and they would reschedule. Sometimes the USCIS told me that my case was still pending background check.
After trying everything, I hired another lawyer that has experience with suing the USCIS. We sent warning letter to the director of USCIS office in Santa Ana, CA on early Feb 2016. We will wait for 30 days for them to reply. If we get nothing from them, we will start suing them on March 2016 *finger crossed*
I will post updates on my case. I wish you the best of luck on your case. Please keep updating!

As a last try why don't you complain to USCIS ombudsman?

Got 3 green receipts today from summons that were already delivered.

I forgot - should I wait till I get all other stuff or not?
It's up to you. I personally waited for all of them
I also forgot when clock starts ticking 60 days? When I file any receipt in a District Court or when I get a green receipt back by mail?
It's the date on the Green Card received by AUSA. But my AUSA's receipt was dated as 12/18/16, although IL Attorney's received it on 12/14/16 and their due date to the DC was 2/18/16

nickoxx

BTW did they already send you the oath letter?
Not yest. The judge needs to sign the order for the remand.

nickoxx

Got it.

Currently I see that another 5 summons were delivered. And the last one (for Loretta Lynch) is currently "available for pickup".

I sent it to:

Loretta E. Lynch
950 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20530-0001.

Not yest. The judge needs to sign the order for the remand.

Got it. Do you have to do anything or you are just waiting till the judge signs the order?

As a last try why don't you complain to USCIS ombudsman?
Good question! From what I read from this forum and other forums, complaining to ombudsman is not very helpful. After consulting with different lawyers, they did not recommend to ask ombudsman either. They told me that what I have done are enough to file the suit.

Good question! From what I read from this forum and other forums, complaining to ombudsman is not very helpful. After consulting with different lawyers, they did not recommend to ask ombudsman either. They told me that what I have done are enough to file the suit.
Totally agree: waste of the time. We contacted our rep and got standard "bla-bla-bla".

Got it. Do you have to do anything or you are just waiting till the judge signs the order?
No, we're just waiting. And it looks our defendants' office is cooperative with us: yesterday they e-mailed to us the docs they've docked to the DC. Everything matches what they send to us for the approval prior.

nickoxx

Nice! Meanwhile I see that my last summon was delivered today. So now all I need to do is just to wait till they bring me back all 6 receipts. Then I'll take 9 receipts to the DC as quickly as I can.

I got the green receipt from Loretta Lynch summon. I'm still waiting for green receipts from 5 other recipients: 3 from USCIS, 1 from FBI and another 1 from Homeland Security. Funny thing is that those 5 were delivered few days before Loretta Lynch summon was delivered.

I'm becoming that woman from Requiem for a Dream lol! :D

mailman_requiem_for_a_dream_by_artfreak000.jpg

Go ahead ! Time is ripe for 1447b lawsuit against USCIS.

is your case pending background/security checks by FBI ?

Nope, my case is that they couldn't make a decision after naturalization interview.

I came home today, checked mailbox and still didn't get that 5 green receipts. I'll wait for couple days and then will try to get any paper from USPS confirming that my summon was delivered.

Nope, my case is that they couldn't make a decision after naturalization interview.

I came home today, checked mailbox and still didn't get that 5 green receipts. I'll wait for couple days and then will try to get any paper from USPS confirming that my summon was delivered.

is your case - Employment or Family related ?