I thought I was the only one left..

My details:
RD: 08/14/00
ND: 09/01/00
RFE (Birth Certificate + Employment) for me: 03/02
RFE replied: 04/10/02
FP 1st: 02/11/01
FP 2nd (after they expired): 07/09/02

Still waiting. Contacted Senator's office. Nothing yet. Talked to IIO last monday and she told that my case had changed location on 09/17/02 and she will put in a request to pick it up. Hope something happens.

case status as of today

me: "Would you please tell me my case status, being assigned to an officer, or on the move, or on the shelf?"
IIO: "Still on the shelf."
me: "Since it is long overdued, can we do something to push it?"
IIO: "No."
waiting_for_ins, aknsc, anything new to share?

nothing significant to update

No updates unfortunately, lawyer claims many cases around ND 11/2000 still pending.

3rd EAD just arrrived.

w_f_i

update

Every week I check this case in oblivion with IIO, and the result as of today is still "not with an officer yet.".

No real news

I just wanted to let you know that I'm still alive. I'm still waiting for fingerprint notice. After this, the file should be completed by the end of the year according to the IIO in Oct 3, 2002.

Let's wait and see.

Rafiq

PS: I have stopped coming to the board because it's incredibily depressing to see other ppl who applied over year after you with newer PD getting approved. I will let you guys know if anything new does develop.

things are getting worse

this week. The IIO said they are following guidlines, so I have to wait more than 100 days after my finger done. I told her that my case is two year old, she still insisted I wait another 100 days or so.

Senator Office

Tired of calling twice per week and getting the same useless response from IIOs, I decide to write a letter to senator office instead of wasting my time with IIO. How do you guys think about this idea?

Approval ND October 2000

Hi guys,
I am a new member in this forum. I just want to share the approval news with you all. Today I talked to the IIO and she told me that all our cases are approved today. The system is not updated yet.
Here are my details:
RD: Sept 26, 2000
ND: Oct 31, 2000.
1st FP: Feb 27, 2001.
2nd FP: July 2, 2002.
LIN Num: 01022XXXXX
Changed the job in July 2001 and informed INS about the change and sent the employment letter. Moved from Minneapolis to Dever in the similar job position.

Got FP notice for my son in March 2002 as he turned 15.
Got 1st RFE for him for the biographical form in April 2002.
Replied in May 2002.
Got 2nd RFE for him for blood test in June 2002.
INS received the blood report on June 11th.
Got the FP notice for my daughter who is 11 years old.
I returned the letter to INS with an endorsement from the INS center that she does not require FP as she is under age.

Talked to the IIO several times and also took the help from Senator's office. It did not help much.

Two weeks ago, I talked to an IIO and she was really helpful. She told me that every thing is current in the file and she would assign it to an officer and I should be hearing something in two or three weeks. Today I talked to the IIO and she told me that all our cases are approved.
Hope this helps. Hang on guys your turn will come soon.
Good Luck.

Two years wait??

man you had to wait twice as long as I did..!!! I really feel for you.. You must be very happy... Get on your knees and Thank GOD whoever he is for you...!!!

congratulations!

Gaffar, congratulations!
Finally, we Y2K waiters got one approved. Hope the rest of us will get soon.

update

Don't know if it was due to senator office, cuz I am not able to contact the lady who is in charge of my case in the senator office this week. But the IIO told me my case was assigned to an officer as of yesterday. Hope this time my bad luck's momentum wears off.

extended waiting....

Spoke with an IIO today and was told that there is "some movement in the file" and the file is where it should be after a figerprint has been done (2nd one) and that it is likely to assigned to an officer sometime in the near future (weeks ?)

Asked me to call back in another month (again ?) if i do not hear from them.

w_f_i

Finally Approved !!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,
It seems like my case has finally been approved today, at least according to the INS Online Case Status Service and the AVM system., My wifes case is still pending.

It has been a long and frustrating process, but thank God it has finally come to a positive conclusion.

Hang in there everyone, all your cases will eventually be approved.

I have really appreciated all the support I have gotten on this site and am grateful to its maintainers. Just so you know I have not told a single soul about the approval yet as I type this message, not even my wife. (Im taking the rest of the day off and plan to suprise her ;-) )

Good luck to everyone and thank you very much.

Here are my details:

EB3 - Citizenship - Indian, Place of birth - Kuwait

PD: Dont remember at this time some time in 1999
RD: 12/11/2000
ND: 12/20/2000
AD: 10/31/2002

FP 1: 03/20/2001 at Portland, OR

Contacted senator: 07/08/2002.

FP 2: 07/20/2002 at Portland, OR - I think the FP notice came because I contacted my senator. and who knows this may have kick started the process, which was stuck since the connection to I-140 had not been made.

RFE: 08/20/2002 for Employment Verification, one vaccination for wife, form G -25 first page was missing, since previous attorney probably goofed up, latest I-94 copies.

RFE response received according to INS website and AVM on 10/3/2002.

Approved on 10/31/2002

Heres whats on INS Online Case Status Service
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO ADJUST TO PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On October 31, 2002, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

2nd FP Completed

Hi Long waiters:

Just to let you guys know, I completed 2nd round of FP this morning at Columbus, OH, alongwith my wife. It was kind of busy, but, they were processing the things quickly.

I will keep you guys posted, if there are any more developments in this regard.

BTW, Congrats to 485-1200. At least he is free from all these hassle...

Hang on guys....

-N.

Hi :

2nd FP received from NSC.

EB-1EA, INDIA
RD: 12/07/00
1ST FP: 03/20/01
RFE RECEIVED ON: 07/23/02
RFE REPLIED ON: 08/30/02
AVM UPDATED ON: 09/04/02
2ND FP RECEIVED ON: 11/04/02
2ND FP SCHEDULED ON:12/13/02
APPROVAL:????????????????

Any ideas? How long it may still take to get approval?

Thanks!

hi GAFFAR

I do not think you will ever come to check this forum as your case has been approved but please let me know details re: change of job..my email address is dev28@yahoo.com
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
SENATOR

CONTACTING SENATOR

DOES IT REALLY HELP CONTACTING A SENATOR OR HIS OFFICE? IF SO, HOW TO O ABOUT?
DEV

Fingerprint Notice

Oh, look, in the mailbox, a fingerprint notice. Yup, I have to go Dec 23, 2002 (6 weeks from now no less) to finally have my fingerprints redone because my other fingerprints expired. (Yes fingerprints expire after 15 months) AT least now I can say there is movement in my case and the IIO that I spoke to in October came through. I'll let ya'll know if they get accepted in January (or February).

Rafiq