Any ND 2000 left?

Nayblahscar

Registered Users (C)
Seems all ND2000 cases have been cleared except mine, and NSC is moving forward with July2001 cases. Geez, what I did wrong with myself? PD 7/97, ND 11/00.

I'm still here!

PD: Oct 97
RD: July 2000
ND: August 2000

I'm still waiting for visa screen. My finger prints have expired and my wife's finger prints have been rejected a second time. All in all, things look pretty good! }8)

Visa Screen

It's is a verification process to see if your health care transcripts are equivalent to the US. Never mind that I am already US certified and that some health care workers have to have their US transcripts evaluated to ensure that they are equivalent to the US ?! It's also a big waste of money.

The law was passed in 1996 but Janet Reno did not issue any guidelines for health care workers like she was supposed to as mandated by congress so my application had sat with other health care worker aps at the service centers for almost 5 years. Keep in mind that the US has a serious health care worker vacancy rate and it is only going to get worse.

The people who verify the credentials are a third party non-pofit nursing organization and they are even slower than the INS. I mailed my info in March, 2001, and they claim they are missing some documents. The insist this is true until I tell them that I have a FedEx waiver saying that so-and-so received the docs on such-and-such a date. Their story then changes and they say that they are 3-4 weeks behind in opening their mail. This is an incredible joke.

Rafiq

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the difference between

"assigned to an eximiner" and "moved to an officer's desk"?
At different time, talking with different IIO's, I found out that my case has been assigned to an eximiner on May, on June many times. Seems my document is too heavy for them, it took 2 months for them to move an envelope of paper. Today, I talked with another IIO, he told me a new phrase: moved to an officer's desk. He said my case was moved to an officer desk by the end of June. I wonder if it's a real improvement, and how many times my case need to move to an officer's desk and how long it takes to move the document to the officer's desk before my case can be processed. Any gurus over there understand the difference please enlighten me. Thanks.

The IIO's in general...

Nayblahscar, for as long as I have been frequenting this board, I have come to realize that the IIO's generally do not want to do their jobs and do not know what they are talking about. For this, I have given up calling those people and saved myself a buck or two.

After saying this, I think the general idea is that there is progress with your 485 app and you should hear something within the next 3 months or less and I believe you will be approved shortly. Just hang in there and good luck. It will leave only me as the only 2000 rd/nd left but I know my time will come.

Rafiq

Yeah, I agree with you

that IIO's have no use. They just said whatever can get you offline fast. As for when I will get my approval, I dare not be any optimistic. I gave myself too much hope from last October, it really hurt. I've been in this country for 8.5 yrs, got graduate degree here, work here for many companies(many H1s), bought house here, blah blah. Can't believe they rejected me for any valid reason, but they can postpone it for long time. Hope you will get yours soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm here with ND2000

Normally, I am a silent browser of this board. But, I saw that your case is much like mine, so, here are my details:

EB2-RIR-India

PD: 06/29/1999
RD: 07/11/2000
ND: 08/03/2000
FP: 02/09/2001 at Columbus, OH
RFE: 03/13/2002 for Employment Verification.

AVM says that RFE received in their system on 04/17/2002. It also says case likely to take another 360-420 days, which I think is some faulty calculation. Waiting for approval. Spoke to IIO a couple of times. Her answers are very confusing. So, I guess waiting is better activity.

Good Luck !!!

Keep posting from time to time when you have any interesting updates.

-N.

Hi Nayblahscar & Rafiq:

I read Rafiq's message. Do you think that I'll have to take FP again, as it was more than 1.5 years back. I do not know how long these are valid for?

If you have any insight, pl. let me know.

Thanks,

-N.

FP

Nilesh, I am not sure if we have to re-do FP. Did the IIO mention that your FP was going to expire and a new one was needed? NSC received my RFE on 4/18, one day behind yours. Hope this FP won't be an issue.

Nilesh,

What I understood from NSC is your FP has expired now.
Your redo-FP notice will come to you as and when the
officer processes your case again.

You had better chances if they approved in April when
they received your RFE reply. But, during APril NSC was
mess, because I485 officers had a 3 week training and
approval was slow.

With newly implemented zero-tolerence-policy by INS,
they can not approve your case legally now.
So, expect for redo-FP notice sooner and couple of
weeks after for Approval.

ND 2000 Still here...

Hi Nayblahscar & 5thYearNSC:

Thanks guys for your insight. I am trying to get in touch with my lawyer and see what's going on. Once, I get some news, I'll post it here.

-N.

My Wife's case dates back to Sep 27 2000

485 ND Sep 27 '00 , still awaiting approval. mine came thru, details in rupnet under sev99 . anyone else in this situation.

Thnx
Sev

Finger Printing

Hi, Yes, you will need to have your fingerprints redone if your fingerprints have been on file for over 18 months. I guess they figure fingerprints change in year in a half increments.

I don't know what to suggest for having them redone. What I plan to do is once I receive my Visa Screen, I will be contacting my Senator and ask if they can expediate my fingerprint requests. I will let the senator's office know how old my 485 file is. For some people, contacting their senator or congressman/woman had been a waste of time, however. I have had good luck with my senator on past INS issues.

Good Luck.

Rafiq

FP Info. from IIO

I spoke to IIO today around 11:50 AM EST. She said that my case is still waiting approval. After that, I asked her about validity period of Fingerprinting. I also told her that our FP was done at Columbus, OH on 02/09/01. Here is how it went:

1. FP remains valid on file for 15 months. If your case comes to consideration after 15 months, you'll have to do FP again. (So, for my case, I'll have to re-do the FP).

2. I then asked, "What can I do on my part to get FP redone?". She said, you can't do anything but wait. When Columbus, OH Service Center has open dates (vacancy for FP), they would notify NSC, and, NSC would assign FP cases to them. So, as and when, your case is sent to local Service Center, you would get the mail from NSC to go and re-do the FP.

When asked, "Is there anything I can do to expedite the process?", she said, "Nothing, but, wait patiently."

I guess this conversation provides guidelines as to how these folks are working...Make your own judgement....

Any feedback / insight welcome....

-N.

FP notice will be sent says senator

RD Dec 11 2000
ND Dec 20 2000

Hi

I had contacted my senator a 2 weeks back and basically what I learnt from the senators office is that the I-485 is still pending and that my FP has expired. They also said that I will be sent a FP notice again.

Lets hope my I-140 gets connected soon.

Later.

Talked to IIO on July 1, '02 (tried to post this message earlier, but couldn't get through). Anyway, as per IIO, my case is still in the waiting area to be picked up by an officer. When I asked about my I-140, IIO said it has been connected with my I-485 (since my I-140 was approved at TSC). He also added if I do not hear in another 3-4 months from NSC, I should call them. It's already been more than 570 days!

In this present economic situation I am finding it very difficult to keep my present job since my company is not doing financially good. There are lots of lay offs going on. And the irony is although I am getting several calls for new opportunities but not getting the final offer because of not having the GC yet in my hand. So friends, I do not know how I am going to get a new job if I get laid off. It is so frustrating.......

FYI: RD: 12/07/00; ND: 12/15/00; EB1-EA

Nilesh

Can you give me the source of that 15 months limit for valid FP. What I heard is one and half year. Geeez, my FP passed that 15 month but not 18 months old. Thanks.