Any ND 2000 left?

Change in Automated Message

I called the NSC today and got through on the 4th redial. The automated message has changed to, "Application was received on August 23, 2002. It is taking between ..." which is a change from "Received a response to your RFE on ..." Lacking better judgement on my part, I decided to speak with an IIO but he stated that it will take a month before the file is reviewed. I plan to call around Christmas to see if has moved by then. I still haven't heard from my senator.

Rafiq

Question for Nay

First of all sorry to hear that you are still waiting. I prey that you get your approval soon.

I remember you told me that you applied for I-824 sometimes back and you also found out from the IIO that its ready and they are just waiting for I-485 approval, if you dont mind, can you tell me when you applied and when did the IIO tell you that it was ready?.

The I-824 processing time hasnt moved in months and looks like I might have to wait for another year to bring my spouse, I dont know how much more patience will she have.:confused:

Imp. msg. for Nayblahscar, Rafiq et al.

Hi Guys:

Just spoke to IIO around 2:05 PM EST. After several tries, I got through the AVM. First things first, AVM is still wrong atleast in my case. It is still playing "Your I-485 Appl. to adjust to Per. Status was Recd...It's taking btwn 390-420 days...". So, something is still screwed up there. Anyway, my conversation with IIO was as below:

N - AVM says that my case would take 390-420 days. But, it is more than 720+ days with One FP and One RFE, and, No approval or anything else yet. What's the status?

IIO - AVM system is updated on weekly basis. There have been problems with AVM is recent past, and, folks are taking care of that. Give me your LIN, SSN and Name.

After I provide LIN, SSN and Name, she takes about 2 minutes or so to go through some screens.

IIO - I see that your papers are okay. Your case is currently going through Security Check, and, I can not tell you how long will it take. But, after security check is done, we will send you intimation for another round of FP. That's how it will progress. However, I can not give you any timeline on the case. You should wait.

She added that this info. is based on her screens as well as her lookup in actual paper file. I thanked her for taking time out.

My question is:

1. What is this security check ?
2. My details again: EB2/INDIA
RD: 7/11/2000
ND: 8/3/2000
FP: 2/9/2001
RFE: 4/17/2002
Around my dates, any one of you had similar experience about security check ?

Any feedback / info. is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-N.

I am not around your date range, but I have an Idea what that security check is

Around apr/may'02 they introduced a new security check against IBIS (Its a combined database with data from FBI INS POE etc etc). When my case was pending and when I called the IIO, she told me the same thing and If I can remember correctly she said it takes about 3 weeks to a month to get the security check cleared.

You also have to remember that most of the IIO's tell whatever comes to their mind at that time, and its not so reliable!

Thanks...

Hi TooOldToWait:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'll wait and keep posting any updates....

Have a Good weekend everybody....

-N.

Does everybody need to go through Security Check?

Does everybody need to go through Security Check or it is just a random selection? Because there is so much time gap difference between similar cases. The situation of two similar cases could be: one approved more than 1 year earlier than the other one. It is not fair at all.

Yesterday I checked the AVM and it says my case has been approved

PD November 1998
ND September 2000
FP February 2001
RFE in May 2002
2nd FP June 17 2002
Aproved on August 7 2003.

The AVM of my wife has not been changed.

TooOldToWait

Hi, I think you've mistaken me for someone else as I have not applied for the I-824. BTW, welcome to the thread. We will make it through this.

Rafiq

I guess its my poor memory!

I thought you told me about I-824. Maybe someone else and I got confused. BTW is Nayblashscar and Rafiq are the same?

someone told me that I should have applied I-824 along with I-485, wish I had known that atleast 6 months ago!

Ohh well, I think I will spend half of my lifetime waiting for something or others!

august2000, toooldtowait, nilesh

august2000, Congratulation!
toooldtowait, me ain't no rafiq :p
actually, I submited my 824 for my wife on feb2002, 15 months after my 485. You know, these two forms are way overdued. IIO told me that these two forms will be approved together if my 485 can go thru. I can't remember when did IIO told me that, it must be about 125 days after the 824 ND.
nilesh, I think security check won't take long, you will receive the FP notice soon, good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for u all

hi..I am real blase abt some of these docs..
so what is the I-824..I looked it up on the INS website,and they say it's some "action on approval notice"..
can anyone clarify what it is??
thanks...any reply appreciated

Thanks Nayblahscar

My memory wasnt that bad afterall. I thought you did apply for I-824 and thanks for your answers. I checked the AVM and it says that it takes about 240 days for processing I-824.

Jack:

Probably this was a wrong forum to talk about I-824, but I had to ask Nayblahscar as he had applied for it. Anyways I-824 is "action on an approved application or petition". Not everyone needs to file this, I had to do this because My wife is in India and in order to start consular processing for her green card, I had to file this. Also you have to file this, if you want a duplicate notice of approval (there are some more uses for this form too which I dont know all of them).

Hope this helps.

Just wondering Nayblascar..

have u contacted ur local senator???
just wondering..
all the best
JAck

Good Luck, Nayblahscar

Hi Nayblahscar:

It's good to hear about your FP completion. Let's hope that you get your approval soon.

I'm still waiting for my security check completion, so that, I can get the new FP notice.

Good luck, buddy...

-N.

Natblahscar, good to hear that you got fingerprint notice. I have yet to receive a fingerprint notice and the senator's office has not responded to my request.

Rafiq

Thanks

Thanks, guys. I will keep you updated of my status.
Jack, I didn't contact my senator 'cuz the IIOs kept telling me yours would be soon processed. What a waste to call them. But next week I still have to call them since I found out that ins has the wrong record of my date of birth when doing my FP. Geeez!

Senator's Office

The senator's office has informed me that after a month, the INS has not replied, in a timely manner as mandated by congress, about the status of my application. I was told only to wait.

Rafiq:mad:

Update on my case

Hi Just an Update on my case: ND / RD Dec 2000

I recieved a notice for FP appointment again since 15 months have passed. I went in and gave FP last week ( I dont know if this was because I got the senator involved OR if an examiner is finally loking at my case)

I also spoke to 3 different IIO's in the last 2 weeks and all of them consistently told me that my case is with an examiner - so hopefully it is a matter of 2- 4 weeks before a decision is made. I heard somewhere that it takes 2 weeks for the FBI to send the FP results to INS.

The IIO's also said that they were no longer wating on I-140 connection.

Will keep you all posted on any developments.

Later.