Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Does anyone knows anything about registering for selective service as a permanent residence alien??. . .Was discussing this with a friend but cant seem to grasp the measing.

We have to register for selective service. When I received my GC, I actually did 2 things. Register for selective service and fill out a FAFSA(federal loans), uncle sam is gonna help me pay my school fees.

Selective service is a way that the govt can call you to the military incase there is a war or an emergency. Dont worry about that because I dont think they will need us.
YOU HAVE TO REGISTER FOR SS OTHERWISE YOU CANNOT NATURALIZE TO BE A US CITIZEN. Registering is very important otherwise you cannot become a citizen(if you are between 18 and 26).

Last edited by a moderator:
@ immisearch, did your online status moved to CPO after you were approved or not. I just want to make sure online system is working or not.

I answered this question dude. This was in post #1048.

Some people will receive CPO while others will not. The online status is not very trustworthy. I have received the GC and the online status for I-485 says "testing and interview" while the I-130 says "initial review". This applies to me and another member (immiresearch) of this thread. Dont rely on the online status.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey my fellow february filers,

just wanted to check in with the great February thread. Congrats to everyone that had a successful interview, its always so good to see people getting "greened". Wishing everyone that has an upcoming interview good luck, you guys got this!!

No news on my side, still waiting on my Interview letter.
Called the USCIS yesterday, regarding a different issue and I also asked if they know processing times, other than the ones on the website. She checked and said the Atlanta office is currently processing August 2010 cases ?! NOt sure what to think about that. But she said not to worry, I was impressed how friendly and helpful she was. I guess I got lucky.

I will keep you guys updated and I hope some people will still be on this thread when I get my Interview Letter. hehe.

just wanted to check in with the great February thread. Congrats to everyone that had a successful interview, its always so good to see people getting "greened". Wishing everyone that has an upcoming interview good luck, you guys got this!!

Called the USCIS yesterday, regarding a different issue and I also asked if they know processing times, other than the ones on the website. She checked and said the Atlanta office is currently processing August 2010 cases ?! NOt sure what to think about that. But she said not to worry, I was impressed how friendly and helpful she was. I guess I got lucky.

I will keep you guys updated and I hope some people will still be on this thread when I get my Interview Letter. hehe.

@musicaa

timelines are rather vague with each DO.

An AP document takes 60-90 days for complete processing and I got mine in less than 30 o_O just like the EAD which also was done before time (60-90 days but had it in hand in 68).

I was not expecting an IL before June and an interview scheduled for July (again going by the timelines online as the I-485 processing times for Dallas, TX is showing as more than 5 months) and lo behold, my process will be done and dusted before the completion of a 4 month period from the time they first received my packet.

Like my granpa would say "dheer dharo" (means hold on to you patience) and you too will surely get your IL sooner than expected :)

All the best!

We will all be here until everyone on this thread gets greened. I know that is taking a while for Atlanta and Virginia DO people to receive IL, but we are all in this together. We will be there to answer questions if you have some. I definitely will be there for all of the remaining filers.

Thanks Noella & thomkip for the kind words, I really appreciate it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Good news for me..and i guess for you too musicaa

I received my Interview Letter yesterday 5/14/2011

Interview set for June 16th in Atlanta..you should be getting a letter very soon in my opinion.

Good luck, any good advice for interview feb filers?

Interview set for June 16th in Atlanta..you should be getting a letter very soon in my opinion.

Congrats on receiving the IL buddy. I told you and Atlanta filers that we all will be greened by the end of the summer. Just prepare well and ask any questions that you have. This is GOOD NEWS for Atlanta filers.

Thanks tomkip,

Its very good news for all atl filers as weve been in the dark recently.

Im pretty well prepared fro it but im sure there will be a small questions nearer to the date.

what a fantastic thread we have created..more info on this than the whole forum :)

Yeahhhh congrats ctraquair, so excited for you, wishing you good luck, I know you will nail it. Cant wait to hear all about it. Atlanta is finally coming around.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Congratulations ctraquair! This indeed is a good news for Atlanta DO filers. Good luck preparing for the interview and let us know if you need to know anything.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like its our turn to have back to back interviews now lol!

I have a load of papers I am still putting together, will practice the Q&A at a later stage, otherwise my hubby will forget everything! hehehehe

All the best pal!

i have a question to the ones that already had they interview. I'm starting to gather the documents for the interview, but I'm still undecided on how to organize them. When the officer asked you guys for evidence, did you just give him/her a stack of all the evidence? I was thinking of doing a 3-Ring Binder, because its easy to find everything, but I dont think its the fasted way of getting it to the officer.

Would love some input.

Thanks guys.

Hi guys, I have a question; do you know how long does it take to receive IL in New York City? I’ve been waiting and waiting and I got nothing yet :(

i have a question to the ones that already had they interview. I'm starting to gather the documents for the interview, but I'm still undecided on how to organize them. When the officer asked you guys for evidence, did you just give him/her a stack of all the evidence? I was thinking of doing a 3-Ring Binder, because its easy to find everything, but I dont think its the fasted way of getting it to the officer.

Would love some input.

Thanks guys.

I took two folders of documents that were in a small briefcase that we used. One folder had the originals and the other one had photocopies. Make sure that you make copies because they dont like people thinking that the IOs are their personal copier.(Plus it takes more time if they have to make copies, and they only have 30 mins to interview you). When the IO asked for the documents, i told him we had the originals and the copies. I started handing them (copies) one by one and explaining what they were. If they were bank statements or bills for more than a month, I handed them together and told him they were for XX months. I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Hi guys, I have a question; do you know how long does it take to receive IL in New York City? I’ve been waiting and waiting and I got nothing yet :(

You need to post your timeline so that we can know exactly how long you have been waiting. How long have you been waiting? 3 months? 6 months? 9 months?. I know that NYC, Atlanta and Virginia DOs are usually very busy. It can take between 3-6 months to receive IL.

sorry i forgot to post my timeline

DO/ASC: NYC

Day 0: 2/1/11 – AOS sent
Day 3: 2/3/11 – Package received
Day 8: 2/8/11 – Emails received (3)
Day 31: 3/3/11 – Bio Appt Notice
Day 56: 3/28/11 – Bio Done
Day 58: 3/30/11 – Card (EAD) production
Day 66: 4/7/11 – Got EAD

Same here, no movement yet