Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

@ all

Just when i thought about the need to diregard the online updates and focus on the mail, i recieved the Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice. The welcome letter said i should recieve the green card in the next 3 weeks.

@ thomkip

How is your end buddy?

Congratulations thomkip! It's really a great relieve considering the crazy stunts the online updates is performing lol.

Hi everyone.

Did any of you who already had your interview got your passport stamped? I did not! :s

Nowdays they don't really stamp the passport unless you have to travel within 30 days of the interview date. I think Gelia got her passport stamped because they were traveling after the interview. If you have to travel in the next 30 days, you have to make an infopass appointment and get the passport stamped.
Don't worry, I think you got approved and should get the GC soon. Our IO also told us he was going to review the file in the afternoon. From looking at the welcome letter that I received, the notice date is the same day of the interview so we got approved on that day.

@ all

Just when i thought about the need to diregard the online updates and focus on the mail, i recieved the Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice. The welcome letter said i should recieve the green card in the next 3 weeks.

@ thomkip

How is your end buddy?

Congrats buddy. I guess we were worried for nothing.

Nowdays they don't really stamp the passport unless you have to travel within 30 days of the interview date. I think Gelia got her passport stamped because they were traveling after the interview. If you have to travel in the next 30 days, you have to make an infopass appointment and get the passport stamped.
Don't worry, I think you got approved and should get the GC soon. Our IO also told us he was going to review the file in the afternoon. From looking at the welcome letter that I received, the notice date is the same day of the interview so we got approved on that day.

Thanks a lot thomkip!!! Congratulations for getting your "Welcome to America" letter!!! I am so happy for you :)

ASC: Naperville, IL DO: Chicago,IL

Day 01: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 02: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 08: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 09: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online
Day 11: 03/10/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 12: 03/11/2011 - AL for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011). Unsuccessful walk-in
Day 22: 03/21/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 36: 04/04/2011 - IL received in the mail - Interview May 4, 2011 at 11:29am
Day 54: 04/22/2011 - Received email/text of approval for I-131 (Travel Document) and I-765 (Employment Authorization)
Day 59: 04/27/2011 - EAD card production. Got an email from USCIS saying that they ordered production of my new card
Day 62: 04/30/2011 - EAD/AP received in the mail
Day 66: 05/04/2011 - Interview done.

Congrats Shely!
I was there too. My appt was at 11:29am but we got a buzz around 12:10pm. My interview was very short about 5~10 minute. The guys wasnt very kind..it looked like he was so tired and just wanted to get it over with. Only questions regarding the relationship was "Where did you guys meet?" then just went on with all those "NO" questions with me. He made my husband take out the documents meanwhile. He also took the pictures I brought. I was expecting him to give it back to me but he took them all =(. Anyways, I was waiting on the USCIS update also but nothing yet. Hope everything is ok.

Hi everyone. Hope you all are doing well.

First, I would like to thank you all for the good wishes. I love this forum and helped me so much throughout the process. :)

Our interview was scheduled for 11:29 in downtown Chicago. As we live in the suburbs we left home at 9:45am. We parked the car, went through security and sat at the waiting room at 10:35 am. At 11:00 am the device we had in hands started to bip and I thought: "Oh God, this is it, that is not turning back!" A young lady (late thirties) was at the door waiting for us. She greeted us and took us to her office. She introduced herself and told us she was our interviewer and asked us to keep standing up so we could swear that we were going to tell the truth only the truth ;)

We were together the whole time. She didn't separate us :) She started asking my husband to confirm his name, address, parents' name, where he works, social security and where and when he married me. :) Then it was my turn to answer the exactly same questions. While she asked us she kept writing down on our forms with a red pen. She then asked us both where did we meet and when and if started dating right away. She then asked us to get all our original docs and then the copies we had made for her and put them in two different piles. She only took our original ones and made sure they matched with the copies we had submitted before. She didn't keep any of the copies we had for her. She asked us if we still planned on having our religious ceremony in July and we said yes. She asked if I got my advanced parole and I said that I got it on Saturday, even asked her if she needed my EAD card and she said no thank you. She then asked us to put away our originals and the copies and asked to see the pics. She took three of our pictures and our "save the date" card that states we are having our religious ceremony in my home country in July and a ceremony here in August. :) When she saw our engagement pics she said: Awwww, that's cute! ;) We said thank you and she said that she was going to review our case in the afternoon and if she needed any more documents or information from us, she would let us know through a letter in the mail. Then she said if nothing is missing I will be getting my green card in the next few weeks. She also reminded us that in 2 years we will have to reapply for the permanent resident card that will be valid for 10 years :) She asked if we had any questions and my husband asked if we were going to get any info through email and she said that probably not, that we would be getting any information through mail in the next few weeks. We thanked her and she walked us to the exit door.

Our IO was very nice. However she didn't maintain much eye contact with us. But, I liked her and thought she was very easygoing and not so formal. :)

I waited the whole day for an update on USCIS website, but nothing yet. I guess we will have to wait now. I am just relieved that the interview is over and was not bad. :)

I will keep you all updated as soon as I hear anything from them. :) Thanks again, for all the support! Wish you all the best of luck!!!

Best.
Shely

Day 12: 03/11/2011 - AL for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011). Unsuccessful walk-in
Day 54: 04/22/2011 - Received email/text of approval for I-131 (Travel Document) and I-765 (Employment Authorization)
Day 59: 04/27/2011 - EAD card production. Got an email from USCIS saying that they ordered production of my new card

abhiku

I assumed you received a 10-year green card; is it also GREEN in color? Mine is but is of 2years. A 10-year I once saw was WHITE in color. I would like to know if this is an improvement or discrimination.
Thanks.

@ yemroy and @ abhiku

Congratulations for getting your green card today!!! :)

@ immiresearch

Congratulations on getting your "Welcome to America" letter! :)

By the way, where is janedoh, ctraquair, omg_stfu, staticfade, premansh etc. We started this thread together but havent see them on here in a while. Hopefully everything is ok and they got approved too.

Congratulations @abhiku, @yemroy, @thomkip and @immiresearch

Advance wishes to you @Shely ...you got this :)

Congratulations to all those who had successful interviews & got their GC in hand :D

I am waiting again lol! for the IL to show up in the mail, online case updates are no good for me :(

Lost my phone yesterday :( so had a bad day, hoping to get some good news soon!!!!!

All the best to all those who are waiting for the IL/ EAD.

Travelled home for a few weeks on AP and got back in the country without any problems! They did send me off to the little room in customs but it was only to get the specific AP stamp on my I-94.

Back in the states and eagerly awaiting my IL, hope all are well~~

@ All

Guys, does anybody know like your friends or relatives or anyone who filed I-485 from Washington DC field office? I just want to know how long the wait is to get IL...I tried researching many forums just to see or compare the timeline...unfortunately our field office is one of the busiest offices..so we don't know long it takes to get IL :( so I was wondering if I can find any prior applicants time line and see how many weeks or months took for them to get IL ...there are few VA filers but every one are in the same boat...

Any help or suggestions is highly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!!!!!

I dont know anyone from Virginia DO but it seems like it takes forever to receive the IL. I was looking at the processing times and it seems like Virginia and Atlanta are even busier than NYC. You can look at this link and see how much cases they received and processed. Compare that to my DO that received 39 and processed 39 in the same time frame. You have to scroll to the bottom, dont look at the national volume chart. You can actually also check other DO and other forrms. This is a cool chart.
http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm?formtype=9&office=27&charttype=2

abhiku, yemroy- Congrats on receiving the GC guys.

Immiresearch- The online updates failed on me too lol. What a coincidence. The most important thing though is that the card is on the way and we were approved.

I am from chicago, USC

04/07/2011 - Package sent Chicago addres By Fedex (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)
04/11/2011 - Package Received (Signed by S. Bush) chicago
04/21/2011 - Received Text Messages and Email Notificaion
04/22/2011 - Check cashed
04/26/2011 - Recieved NOA1 in mail
04/29/2011 - Received finger Prints
05/05/2011 - FP Done..

I Do not know what is next..