Any December 2010 filers yet?

Hi everybody,
Is there a fee for working without authorization?

Legally it is not a good idea to start working without your EAD in hand.

I can not say you won't get a job because ppl tend to employ individuals without an EAD however since your EAD is under production, I would suggest you wait a few weeks before you start working.

All the best & congrats!

Got green card in the mail yesterday. Finally the process is over for 2 years. :) :)
Good luck to everyone here.

just an update:

December 17 2010 (day 00) mailed all the forms and checks to USCIS
December 21 2010 (day 01) confirmed from USPS of the delivery / confirmed by USCIS
December 27 2010 (day 07) checks were cashed by USCIS i-130 and i-485
December 31 2010 (day 11) received NOA for i-130 / i-485 / i-765
January 24 2011 (day 35) received notice for biometrics dated Jan 20/2011 which is scheduled on
Feb 16/2011
January 26 2011 (day 37) walk in biometrics in bellflower done
February 01 2011 (day 43) called fbi for my biometrics and confirmed
February 17 2011 (day 59) received email that ead is for card production / case updated online ead
February 18 2011 (day 60) received another email for ead card/production ordered
February 24 2011 (day 63) received another email for ead card/production ordered
February 25 2011 (day 67) received another email for ead post/decision activity
February 28 2011 (day 70) received EAD card
March 07 2011 (day 77) applied SSN card
April 02 2011 (day 103) received SSN card
April 06 2011 (day 107) received email from USCIS interview is scheduled on May 10/ 2010

I went for interview last week and I got APPROVED!!! I was sooo lucky. I had a tough case, but everything is legitimate. The officer just went through everything and asked basic questions and went through our wedding album then said she approved me. I tried to show her further things and she says "I already approved you, you know". I was happy.

I organized everything. I got a 3 ring folder and clear sheet protectors. I put different category of documents in different protectors and stuck a label to the outside of each sheet protector. I also got a according filing case to put my larger items. I am happy I was over-prepared rather than under-prepared.

It is over for 2 years now. Still waiting for card in the mail.

No, they did not ask me for those. I was really prepared and really organized, I was so much organized that I was really bummed that I did not get to present all the contents of my "cool" folder and filing case. I was really happy that I was approved even before showing so much evidence though. We have a very legitimate case, so I guess she saw that.

Does anyone know how long after Green Card production ordered should I actually receive it? I got the email today that the card was ordered.

No, they did not ask me for those. I was really prepared and really organized, I was so much organized that I was really bummed that I did not get to present all the contents of my "cool" folder and filing case. I was really happy that I was approved even before showing so much evidence though. We have a very legitimate case, so I guess she saw that.

Does anyone know how long after Green Card production ordered should I actually receive it? I got the email today that the card was ordered.

Congrats on the GC approval. After you receive the CPO mail, you should receive it in 7-10 days.
Can you share some of the questions that were asked at the interview? If you dont mind sharing, why do you think your case was tough?
This will help some of us preparing for the interview.

I had my interview today. It did not really go as expected. We went very prepared with all the possible documentation we could require including wedding photographs, couple photographs from the past three years, pay stubs, tax returns (joint), credit card and bank account statements, utility bills etc.

The officer asked my wife and I questions from the original submission and asked to see my wife's paystubs and my latest pay stubs and our photographs. She then took a copy of my I-94 and write in my passport that my I-485 is pending.

She did not take my EAD or I-94 and gave no indication of whether the case was approved. She said we should hear something within 2 to 3 weeks.

I am a little confused and disappointed that my GC was not approved.

Given that my I-94 wasn't taken I'm assuming that we will have to go back for a second interview.

More waiting...