• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Here is our interview day experience. First of all I Thank God The Almighty and St. Virgin Marry. Secondly I would like to thank the specially people @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ, @Sm1smom and Ethiopian forum members @rolex123, @ZGREAT, @MB1xxx, @God-Is-Love and the rest of the members. You all are really special, I am so thankful what you did and doing in the forum. I have learnt a lot of things regarding DV and life. God Bless you all and your life!!! We have really prepared very well (probably over prepared and that really helps a lot).
I am not going to repeat the security, document check the wait and things like that. These things are common and have been discussed before. I will tell you the main things.
After the payment (We were the 5th or 6th person to be called for the interview) and the CO asked me only (not my wife)
CO: You are working this and that
ANS:
CO: tell me about your education from high school to.....
ANS: I have answered (in the shortest way)
CO: tell me about your research topic
ANS: I explained it
CO: When did you get married?
ANS:
CO: You payed yourself or you have sponsor?
ANS: from our savings
CO:congratulation you have qualified for DV and he gave to us the yellow paper
a lady (a translator ) came and explained that our sponsor need to pay the $165 and when she was saying your sponsor the CO interrupt her and tell her we are sponsoring ourselves. However, the lady didn't accept him and tell us to pay it before we move to the State.

Things that we observed:
The first things is that about the authentication thing. It seems that the only thing that needs authentication is the educational certificate. At least that is what I read on the folder that they gave to us to sort our documents. It says that except Educational certificate, there is no need to authenticate the documents. Anyways, I am sure other people will read it and share to us.
As I told you we were the 5th or 6th, so we don't have an entire view how the outcome of most of the applicants. There were a lot of applicants most of them are DV (I can say more than 15 DV applicants). We saw two families who were not successful. I don't have any idea why they were denied. They have 3 and 2 children.
Finally what I learned from you guys is that it is better to be over prepared. Since our interview was very short (the shortest of the ones already had their interview).
Thank you very much for you all and good luck for those who are waiting their interview and to be current!!!

Here is our interview day experience. First of all I Thank God The Almighty and St. Virgin Marry. Secondly I would like to thank the specially people @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ, @Sm1smom and Ethiopian forum members @rolex123, @ZGREAT, @MB1xxx, @God-Is-Love and the rest of the members. You all are really special, I am so thankful what you did and doing in the forum. I have learnt a lot of things regarding DV and life. God Bless you all and your life!!! We have really prepared very well (probably over prepared and that really helps a lot).
I am not going to repeat the security, document check the wait and things like that. These things are common and have been discussed before. I will tell you the main things.
After the payment (We were the 5th or 6th person to be called for the interview) and the CO asked me only (not my wife)
ANS:
ANS:
a lady (a translator ) came and explained that our sponsor need to pay the $165 and when she was saying your sponsor the CO interrupt her and tell her we are sponsoring ourselves. However, the lady didn't accept him and tell us to pay it before we move to the State.

Things that we observed:
The first things is that about the authentication thing. It seems that the only thing that needs authentication is the educational certificate. At least that is what I read on the folder that they gave to us to sort our documents. It says that except Educational certificate, there is no need to authenticate the documents. Anyways, I am sure other people will read it and share to us.
As I told you we were the 5th or 6th, so we don't have an entire view how the outcome of most of the applicants. There were a lot of applicants most of them are DV (I can say more than 15 DV applicants). We saw two families who were not successful. I don't have any idea why they were denied. They have 3 and 2 children.
Finally what I learned from you guys is that it is better to be over prepared. Since our interview was very short (the shortest of the ones already had their interview).
Thank you very much for you all and good luck for those who are waiting their interview and to be current!!!
Congrats @Fikir12. What documents did you take to the interview?

ANS:
ANS:

Things that we observed:
congrats s

ANS:
ANS:

Things that we observed:

Congratulations and all the best with the upcoming move.

Hey Guys,
Its amazing that i didn't know about this forum so far. Anyway congrats to all who won dv lottery and those who already got approved. My interview is for June 18, which is next week. But my case is different than most of yours in that it is under Family Based F2B category. Can anyone one tell me if authentication of educational documents is required for my case? And if there are some information which is specific to the embassy at Addis? Thanks in advance.

Hey Guys,
Its amazing that i didn't know about this forum so far. Anyway congrats to all who won dv lottery and those who already got approved. My interview is for June 18, which is next week. But my case is different than most of yours in that it is under Family Based F2B category. Can anyone one tell me if authentication of educational documents is required for my case? And if there are some information which is specific to the embassy at Addis? Thanks in advance.
The rules are differnet for each visa catagory so you can call the us embassy and ask what you need

Dear friends and forum members, thanx to The Almighty God We got our visa! I will post our experience soon!!!
though I am late to congratulate you and your beloved family, welcome to our society and good luck for your relocation plan bro , keep in touch I was busy looking for jobs the last flour days & did not time to check this forum status.

congra again bro

My better experience is nothing differed from z others mentioned as. but I only would like to mention about spelling error as it irritated me full year I was having a spelling error in my middle name w/c is read as niguse but in my passport read as nigussie it was a big diference for me & also I got one friend during the interview time having the same issue. finally we passed successfully & it is not considerable that much thanks loard, thanks @Britsimon , thanks all u ethiopian forum memebers! ! !!

though I am late to congratulate you and your beloved family, welcome to our society and good luck for your relocation plan bro , keep in touch I was busy looking for jobs the last flour days & did not time to check this forum status.

congra again bro
Hi @rolex123, thank you very much and you are not late for the message. It is expected that you will be busy especially at the beginning of your new life. I wish you a good luck and get a nice job!!!

Thank you very much @MB1xxx. Yea we are trying to see the prays of air ticket, bytheway which airways has a cheaper ticket? I am checking Qatar airways and Emirates
@Fikir12, yes you are on the right track, Quatar and Emirates offer a very fair rate compared to others. I bought ours from Emirates. But don't forget to book online and then go to their office with your book ing printout. You will save $60 on each ticket.