• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

hello everyone
I am one of DV 2015 selecetes with cn of AF 2***
based on visa bulletin my interview will be october but I didn't receive 2nd NL ;
when I fill DS 260 form I had occupation but now i am a student
Is there any need to ask Kcc to unlock my form?
Is there any one from Ethiopia who receive 2 NL?
second notification looks like this :
You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at http: //www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC.
Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing.

so please don't forget your confirmation number from original application!

hello everyone
I am one of DV 2015 selecetes with cn of AF 2***
based on visa bulletin my interview will be october but I didn't receive 2nd NL ;
when I fill DS 260 form I had occupation but now i am a student
Is there any need to ask Kcc to unlock my form?
Is there any one from Ethiopia who receive 2 NL?
second notification looks like this :
You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at http: //www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC.
Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing.

so please don't forget your confirmation number from original application!

hello friends i found this on 2014 thread here are the documents you need

1. original passport and its copy( the first two pages)
2. two photographs (see photograph requirement)
3. selection notification letter & interview appointment letter
4. original birth certificate and its copy
5. original marriage certificate with two copies
6. police certificate from Ethiopia (original only)
7. police certificate outside of Ethiopia (if you lived outside of Ethiopia for more than one year)
8. DV qualifying education documents ( copy of the front and back pages)
a. only 12th grade( EGSLCE & ESLCE) authenticated by the ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of education) here is the info send me by embassy "For the DV interview you must possess your Ethiopian General Secondary Education Certificate Examination (10 grade), University Entrance Examination (12 grade) and 9-12 transcript. You must submit original with copies. Your 12 grade card is the only one which needs to be authenticated by the Ministry of foreign Affairs and National Organization for Examination".
b. original high school transcript and its copy( no authentication required)
c. work experience ( if you qualify with work experience)
9. 330 USD.
Thank you ZGREAT it is a valuable information that you are sharing with us.

hello ,
what do we do after submitting DS 260form? and how do we know if visa number is available? thanks

hello ,
what do we do after submitting DS 260form? and how do we know if visa number is available? thanks
Check the Visa Bulletin (VB) and do an estimation in reference to the past years and see when your CN has fallen current.Lets say you number falls current in November,you will either receive an email or visit the status check website(which showed you were selected) and you will see an invitation to attend the Interview)

Check the Visa Bulletin (VB) and do an estimation in reference to the past years and see when your CN has fallen current.Lets say you number falls current in November,you will either receive an email or visit the status check website(which showed you were selected) and you will see an invitation to attend the Interview)
thanks for help , before your CN is current you do not have to submit anything else right?
thanks

thanks for help , before your CN is current you do not have to submit anything else right?
thanks
Yap,although the first page of ds 260 Instruction number 6 says you scan your documents and send them to KCC vis email given,it is not a requirement because I did scan mine and they wrote back and telling me it is not necessary.

hello ,
[URL='http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected.html']
please read this and hope you will have some important information

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected.html

you can follow the monthly visa bulletin from

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin/2014/visa-bulletin-for-september-2014.html

or you can receive the visa bulletin monthly through e.mail

To be placed on the Department of State’s E-mail subscription list for the “Visa Bulletin”, please send an E-mail to the following E-mail address:

listserv@calist.state.gov

and in the message body type:
Subscribe Visa-Bulletin
(example: Subscribe Visa-Bulletin)

[/URL]

Hey, How is AOS filled? I mean do we download and send it to our 'sponsors' in US and they ail it back to us? Please details and how long does it take? Thanks

one more question, I heared most people saying zey were asked why zey do want go to USA after DV. what could b z magical answer except to huv a better life! what do u think?

Hey, How is AOS filled? I mean do we download and send it to our 'sponsors' in US and they ail it back to us? Please details and how long does it take? Thanks
Your sponsor can dowload the file, he can fill it on the computer or by hand, but the signature has to be there.
The AOS contains infos about the sponsor and the sponsored nothing really hard to figure out !
Also make sure the sponsor has to give you some supporting docuemnts like W2 or pay slips...

one more question, I heared most people saying zey were asked why zey do want go to USA after DV. what could b z magical answer except to huv a better life! what do u think?
Lol !
Let's me say that most of times the CO has already made his decision to grant the visa before the interview takes place :)
But because he has to make it sound like an interview, so he ask few questions, like the you mentioned.
So just be calm and confident and say that you LOVE the US of A :D

Thanks for z pasr reply, but z unclear thing is is zere any payment 4 z AOs? Is zere any office where they send z filled document? and and how would I find z paper? please no idea about.

Dear Vladek , Does that mean they will fill z form , sign and directly send it to me via post with out communicating any office in US?