• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Dear Tew,

Thank you very much for your nice explanation regarding my questions. So, even if someone fill the DS form with some mistakes (especially with the background questions), KCC will send his/her file to the Embassey if the numebr is current?
By theway, I have a wife(we get married 2 years ago) and we fill the form together. Hopefully everything will be fine. The other thing is I have already started the documents, since I need to have police certificates from two countries (In Europe).
It seems that, from the October VB, the cutoff numbers for Ethiopia is good.
Thank you very much and I will try to be an active member for the forum.

Hi Fikir, welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting selected!

About the CO, it means that you will only get a visa if the CO approves it. In other words, KCC (which processes your file before sending it to the embassy) cannot tell you whether you get a visa or not. That only happens when you present yourself at the embassy on your interview day.

The 2NL is sent to you before you go in front of the CO, so that is a different situation. When you get the 2NL will depend on when your number gets current. If you send in your DS forms very late, your number may be current before KCC is done processing your file. In that case, your 2NL could be delayed and someone with a higher number can get their 2NL before you.

As for how interview dates are assigned during the month you are current, nobody is really sure. Speculations are that sending in forms late or modifying information with KCC right before your number is current could affect it and you may end up scheduled late in the month even if your number would normally be interviewed early.

het
hi guys in 2015 fiscal year october ethiopia's cutoff number 7000 that is great number compared to 2014 which started with 5000. this year definietly it will speedup!
hey dawgeb how could you know the cutoff number for October is 7000 , thats really awesome !! good news for all of us and a reminder to start processing our documents on time !!
cheers

hello bro , welcome ,

i think tew have already answered your doubts ,

so please stay active and connected ,

Dear Tew,

Thank you very much for your nice explanation regarding my questions. So, even if someone fill the DS form with some mistakes (especially with the background questions), KCC will send his/her file to the Embassey if the numebr is current?
By theway, I have a wife(we get married 2 years ago) and we fill the form together. Hopefully everything will be fine. The other thing is I have already started the documents, since I need to have police certificates from two countries (In Europe).
It seems that, from the October VB, the cutoff numbers for Ethiopia is good.
Thank you very much and I will try to be an active member for the forum.
You are welcome!

KCC will send the documents to the embassy. If you want to correct information before your number is current, send the updated info to KCC. If you received your 2NL, however, KCC is no longer involved so you contact the embassy, or you update the information on your interview day.

I forgot what your number is, but it's a good idea to get all documents early. However, keep in mind that police certificates have expiry dates so make sure they will still be valid by your interview date. Their validity is usually either 3 or 6 months from issuance.

You are welcome!

KCC will send the documents to the embassy. If you want to correct information before your number is current, send the updated info to KCC. If you received your 2NL, however, KCC is no longer involved so you contact the embassy, or you update the information on your interview day.

I forgot what your number is, but it's a good idea to get all documents early. However, keep in mind that police certificates have expiry dates so make sure they will still be valid by your interview date. Their validity is usually either 3 or 6 months from issuance.
Thnx for your information,
You are right, they have expiry dates, I think it can go to 12 months, I am not sure or other countries atleast for Ethiopia it ia for one year.
My CN is AF26xxx,
So I think it will be in April 2015

hello friends i found this on 2014 thread here are the documents you need

1. original passport and its copy( the first two pages)
2. two photographs (see photograph requirement)
3. selection notification letter & interview appointment letter
4. original birth certificate and its copy
5. original marriage certificate with two copies
6. police certificate from Ethiopia (original only)
7. police certificate outside of Ethiopia (if you lived outside of Ethiopia for more than one year)
8. DV qualifying education documents ( copy of the front and back pages)
a. only 12th grade( EGSLCE & ESLCE) authenticated by the ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of education) here is the info send me by embassy "For the DV interview you must possess your Ethiopian General Secondary Education Certificate Examination (10 grade), University Entrance Examination (12 grade) and 9-12 transcript. You must submit original with copies. Your 12 grade card is the only one which needs to be authenticated by the Ministry of foreign Affairs and National Organization for Examination".
b. original high school transcript and its copy( no authentication required)
c. work experience ( if you qualify with work experience)
9. 330 USD.

i just finished the authentication of documents

it only took me 1 day , here is what i did yesterday

1. in the early morning i went to my high school i paid 15 Birr, and authenticate my transcript on the back the director and the record and statics department stamp there titer and sign on it
2. right at 3:30 i went to 5 kilo , NOE BESIDE MINILIK SCHOOL, within 10 minutes the lady told me to come at 5:30 to collect my documents here i paid 35 birr for each a total of 70 birr and left the compound at 3:45
3. so now i went to Addis Abeba city education bureau which is found next to leadership institute around 6 kilo

THE AUTHENTICATION OFFICER WILL ASK YOU FOR A KEBELLE ID WHICH IS RENEWED AND 8TH GRADE RESULT

I PAID 30 Birr WAIT FOR AN HOUR AND RECEIVE MY TRANSCRIPT AUTHENTICATED
4. arrive at the NOE and collect my authenticated documents
5. In the afternoon i went to kasanchis , around TOTAL and paid 150 for each and finished it with 30 miutes

NOW I HAVE REST IN PEACE WAITING FOR MY 2ND NOTIFICATION LETTER

CHEERS

3. so now i went to Addis Abeba city education bureau which is found next to leadership institute around 6 kilo
this is unnecessary

this is unnecessary
hello dawgeb
yeah i know it is not mandatory just authenticated it , it only costs 30 birr and doesn't take more than an hour , so if possible do it if not don't bother

hello everyone
I am one of DV 2015 selecetes with cn of AF 2***
based on visa bulletin my interview will be october but I didn't receive 2nd NL ;
when I fill DS 260 form I had occupation but now i am a student
Is there any need to ask Kcc to unlock my form?
Is there any one from Ethiopia who receive 2 NL?

hello everyone
I am one of DV 2015 selecetes with cn of AF 2***
based on visa bulletin my interview will be october but I didn't receive 2nd NL ;
when I fill DS 260 form I had occupation but now i am a student
Is there any need to ask Kcc to unlock my form?
Is there any one from Ethiopia who receive 2 NL?

No need to unlock your form, no need to panic. Just wait the weekend. Assuming you completed your DS260 at least 4 or 5 weeks ago you should get your 2NL this weekend.

I concur with Simon. That is something you can easily change at the time of the interview. I did that since at the time of my initial form I was working, but by the time of my interview, I had quit my job and was working on a different project. It was no big deal at all.