• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2014 dv winners meet here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today my status is updated .KCC scheduled my interview day on February.give us u'r experience those of you who have already been interviewed.And good luck for the rest!

Congratulation Lehw!! Wishing you all the best in your interview. Hope you will tell us your interview experience.

Thanks guys. That link shows "Immigrant Visa Applicants'' which is a bit different from DV immigrants (even though we are also immigrant visa applicants), since they are petitioned by someone else (who thus sponsors them) but we are our own petitioners. The whole thing is just confusing.

I have found someone who passed his interview last week, but I am yet to call him. I'll see what his experience was and share it here. I'll also contact the embassy and see.

I just read the link and agree with Tew. This is for Immigrant Visa applicant and the procedure is different from DV. If you look at the paragraph which speaks about documents (please read the below paragraph), it talks about documents sumbmitted to National Visa Center which is not the case in DV; just only forms submitted to KCC. I am sure they failed to update this section for DV applicant purpose but included it in the DV instruction. This is my assumption. Let us hope one of us will get exact answer directly from the Embassy.

"If you have not already submitted original documents of the following to NVC (National
Visa Center)
please bring them along with the photocopy for the interview.
Valid Passport(s)
Adoption decree (s) if applicable Marriage certificate if applicable Evidence of Financial support Death Certificate(s) if applicable Divorce Certificate(s) if applicable
Police certificate(s) if applicable Court Records (if applicable) Medical Examination Information Evidence of relationship
The Appointment letter
Birth certificate(s)

I have asked US Embassy in Addis a couple of months back and been informed that AOS is no longer required for DV applicant; It is true it used to be required in the past. I will also check again if there is a new procedure in place and keep you updated. If you get any info, please let us know.

Thanks Mercy. Could you please share the email address you used to contact them? Is it the AddisDV one?

I'll also ask them to see if I get the same response and also ask the guy who just got his visa and let you all know.

HI FRIENDS..currently i'm in addis for education(university)...since i'm from other city i need to know about the authentication of education documents(10&12) grade..........what can i do

Hi Sadat

I've read that you only need to authenticate at the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Foreign Affairs so it shouldn't be a problem since you are already in Addis.

Congratulation for all who finished ur interview successfully. Thank you for all who participate in this forum to share ur experience. I got some trouble on the process of medical checkup. On my x-ray result shows that there is small spot on the lung. The doctor told me that it may be a sign of tb. So u need to go further diagnosis: it is so called mucus test. The result will be finished after two month and nine day. I had no sickness throughout my life. Again the doctor told me that, the spot on ur lung is not only the result of tb, but also other kind of sickness on ur childhood that never take any kind of treatment like “ GUNFAN” AND such kind of disease. in addition the doctor told me that 99% ur free from the disease based on ur medical history, however, it is mandatory for the embassy to go further diagnosis.

Please any one who knows any kind of similar story share with us. I know at some extent it will affect on the interview. Please share with me. From 2011 Ethiopian discussion form in this Website I see one person who had similar story. However, it is not in detail what is going on interview day.

Advise to other: it is better to go to other hospital and check ur x-ray to test whether tb negative or positive: if u have a tb case at early age.
thank you. .. .. .

hi, people. . .

Last edited by a moderator:
I enter in embassy, on December, 18. around 2:00 am I reached on embassy gate. After 5 minute waiting i enter inside the embassy compound. Then, I gave my all electronics material and key to the security grad. After that, he gave me a number. after this incident, another security grad ask me to pass in a door. Still the inspection not ended, another security Gard searched my whole body by some devise. Directly after this process I opened a door and go to visa section room. there are so many Ethiopian and other nationality waiting. In this room there are two women asking you what your case is? then if u r a dv case they give u some big "classer" it help to arrange ur documents in order. next to that, i arrange my whole document as the paper said and give back to the women. afterward she give me a come back letter at 1:00pm. i left the embassy with 15 minute on the morning. it mean 2:20am. The paper give like a warning. it briefly state that if u do not fulfill the document the money you paid will not be refund. it also express educational requirement for dv applicant.

after i went to home and take some rest i come back again around 6:45 local time. i show the paper she gave to me i enter in embassy. similar kind of inspection undertake at a door on after noon. we began waiting for the interview. at that time, i searched a person who have similar paper like me. I go to there and began to chat with them.Their case is dv. Then, our name began called on speaker. one of the boy case is: he enter in embassy two weeks ago. he told me he is first year student at Adma University. He told me the interview is so simple. the officer ask me six or seven question. then he told me they need another time to check the documents. they give him a white paper is say administrative process and u can come back after two weeks from Monday to Thursday only at afternoon. his name called and he go to window three. we still waiting. another boy look very terrified. I do not know exactly why. he worry a lot. i told him do not worry every thing will be alright. Just put your faith on Jesus Christ. HE make everything fine. now we look a long time friends. we chat a lot about his and my status, all dv story and so many topics. we stay around 30 minute. Then his name called on window six. he went to there. Ethiopian women ask him to give finger print and to pay the fee. after five minute my name also called on window six. directly i went to there. she is polite. she ask my age. i told her. after ward she said u r under 25 years old. So, you need to sign this form. the form is about ur obligation to register any postal office when u went to UNITED STATE TO ENGAGED IN MILITARY SERVICE AT A TIME OF WAR. I agree with her and I signed the form. The form said that, if u r not to do so the penalty is $250,000 and five year prison. this all thing will be happened: if a visa is granted.
after that, she told me to wait. i began to chat with my friend, he come back after he paid 6,280 birr. At this time other interview began, like marriage, education and other.some went happy other sad. mixed emotion reads on the face of the interview. another lady told dv case wait.

I called to window six again and she ask me did u undertake medical. i said yes. then she told me why ur result is not here. i told it need further diagnosis. she said, well that is great, give me your finger print. i gave all my ten finger print infront of window. Then, she said you can back at Tuesday and Thursday after noon 7:00 local time.when you finished the medical. i asked her did i paid the fee? she said, no, you paid when you finished your medical. in addition, she said all are stated on the paper .At last she gave me a paper. i thank her and went out the interview room.
this all. I thank God. i believe every things will happened for a reason. now i am waiting my mucus test result. i believe it is free form tb.
advise: those who has similar story don't worry. it is ok. trust God.. . . . HE make every thing fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

Thanks so much for the replies to my earlier questions. And congrats to those who passed their interviews!

By the way, I have been hearing that a sponsor is no longer required. Anyone know anything about that? I mean, in the past we had to have a US sponsor fill an affidavit of support form on our behalf and attach tax returns. But I have heard that is not needed this year. Plus on this link: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ethiopia/956093/PDF Files/DV 2015 Info Handout.pdf - it says a sponsor is not needed, but it's for DV 2015.

So, I am getting ready for my appointment, and I need to know 100% if I need to have someone fill a form for me or not.

Thanks!

I am so happy that the numbers jumped significantly for February over that of January. I was starting to wonder if my number would ever get current. But now we are only 1,400 behind last year's! So I'm optimistic May or June will be my time.

AT THE INTERVIEW the officer may ask you who is ur sponser? where you stay? and sometime they ask what relationship do you have? however these and other similar questions asked because of to avoid any public charge after u enter in US. Furthermore, they don't need and financial and tax report.
wait patiently.........

you do not need to authenticate your degrees, you just need to authenticate your high school and preparatory certificates.

I need info regarding...

Hi guys is there anyone from the region(other city) or someone who knows about the authentication of high school & preparatory certificates....Does it necessary to authenticate at regional education Bureau before at Federal(national) level....

I enter in embassy, on December, 18. around 2:00 am I reached on embassy gate. After 5 minute waiting i enter inside the embassy compound. Then, I gave my all electronics material and key to the security grad. After that, he gave me a number. after this incident, another security grad ask me to pass in a door. Still the inspection not ended, another security Gard searched my whole body by some devise. Directly after this process I opened a door and go to visa section room. there are so many Ethiopian and other nationality waiting. In this room there are two women asking you what your case is? then if u r a dv case they give u some big "classer" it help to arrange ur documents in order. next to that, i arrange my whole document as the paper said and give back to the women. afterward she give me a come back letter at 1:00pm. i left the embassy with 15 minute on the morning. it mean 2:20am. The paper give like a warning. it briefly state that if u do not fulfill the document the money you paid will not be refund. it also express educational requirement for dv applicant.

after i went to home and take some rest i come back again around 6:45 local time. i show the paper she gave to me i enter in embassy. similar kind of inspection undertake at a door on after noon. we began waiting for the interview. at that time, i searched a person who have similar paper like me. I go to there and began to chat with them.Their case is dv. Then, our name began called on speaker. one of the boy case is: he enter in embassy two weeks ago. he told me he is first year student at Adma University. He told me the interview is so simple. the officer ask me six or seven question. then he told me they need another time to check the documents. they give him a white paper is say administrative process and u can come back after two weeks from Monday to Thursday only at afternoon. his name called and he go to window three. we still waiting. another boy look very terrified. I do not know exactly why. he worry a lot. i told him do not worry every thing will be alright. Just put your faith on Jesus Christ. HE make everything fine. now we look a long time friends. we chat a lot about his and my status, all dv story and so many topics. we stay around 30 minute. Then his name called on window six. he went to there. Ethiopian women ask him to give finger print and to pay the fee. after five minute my name also called on window six. directly i went to there. she is polite. she ask my age. i told her. after ward she said u r under 25 years old. So, you need to sign this form. the form is about ur obligation to register any postal office when u went to UNITED STATE TO ENGAGED IN MILITARY SERVICE AT A TIME OF WAR. I agree with her and I signed the form. The form said that, if u r not to do so the penalty is $250,000 and five year prison. this all thing will be happened: if a visa is granted.
after that, she told me to wait. i began to chat with my friend, he come back after he paid 6,280 birr. At this time other interview began, like marriage, education and other.some went happy other sad. mixed emotion reads on the face of the interview. another lady told dv case wait.

I called to window six again and she ask me did u undertake medical. i said yes. then she told me why ur result is not here. i told it need further diagnosis. she said, well that is great, give me your finger print. i gave all my ten finger print infront of window. Then, she said you can back at Tuesday and Thursday after noon 7:00 local time.when you finished the medical. i asked her did i paid the fee? she said, no, you paid when you finished your medical. in addition, she said all are stated on the paper .At last she gave me a paper. i thank her and went out the interview room.
this all. I thank God. i believe every things will happened for a reason. now i am waiting my mucus test result. i believe it is free form tb.
advise: those who has similar story don't worry. it is ok. trust God.. . . . HE make every thing fine.

piuygiu thanks for sharing and the advice. It seems your interview will be a formality once your medical report is ready. Be patient brother you will get it sooner or later.....:cool:

Please help me!

Do i inform the embassy before i take medical examination,police report or i take the medical examination by myself? I have revived my 2nl dec 18

Do i inform the embassy before i take medical examination,police report or i take the medical examination by myself? I have revived my 2nl dec 18

Dear gett, congratulations!

Am happy for you. What you will do is go to one of the authorized medical centers along with your 2nl, 2 passport size photographs and money. They will give you appointment for your medical and you will do it accordingly. No need to inform the embassy. As for the police report go directly to the police department near Immigration (go with your 2nl so that they will not delay your clearance paper, carry also photographs) according to many it will not take that much time.

Don't forget to share your all experiences from the medical, to police report, and your interview....we will be passing to other winners if there is new information that you will give us.

Good luck!

Hi i'm looking for your help

I have 2 Question...pls 1) to get police certificate Do I need to provide evidence/supportive letter from the locality since i'm from other city(but currently i'm addis university student)2)Dear ormania i saw ur previou post in the link regarding the authentication of (grade 10&12 transcript) at regional level but i'm not sure b/c there is a phrase w/c makes me in doubt (it's optional if u can ) so dear ormania or someone else who knows or undergone such procedure help me

hi

I have 2 Question...pls 1) to get police certificate Do I need to provide evidence/supportive letter from the locality since i'm from other city(but currently i'm addis university student)2)Dear ormania i saw ur previou post in the link regarding the authentication of (grade 10&12 transcript) at regional level but i'm not sure b/c there is a phrase w/c makes me in doubt (it's optional if u can ) so dear ormania or someone else who knows or undergone such procedure help me

For the first one, to get police certificate, your passport copy and the second notification latter are mandatory: u don't need any supportive evidence. just go to police office around TIKUR ANBESA HOSPITAL.
for second question, It is better to authenticate your 10th and 12 transcript for safety. go to ur privious highschool u finished 10th and 12 grade. after that go to Foreign affair office around KAZANCHIS for authentication.
good luck

For the first one, to get police certificate, your passport copy and the second notification latter are mandatory: u don't need any supportive evidence. just go to police office around TIKUR ANBESA HOSPITAL.
for second question, It is better to authenticate your 10th and 12 transcript for safety. go to ur privious highschool u finished 10th and 12 grade. after that go to Foreign affair office around KAZANCHIS for authentication.
good luck

Dear sadat13,

Do as piuygiu said.

Thanks piuygiu!

Hi i know you are bored but..

Hi piguien &ormania..or somene else DOES it mean if i go to KAZANCHIS without regional authentication is allowed..??since i'm from SNNPRS.....DOES IT mean i'm not expected to go to Hawassa for final authentication..?

Status
Not open for further replies.