2013 November N-400 Tracker

Got my interview letter Jan 02. Interview scheduled for Jan 29th. I've been going through the Citizenship Test Q&As booklet and listening to the CD while stuck in traffic during my evening commute. Other than whats listed in the Interview Scheduling letter, is there anything we (wife & myself) must take along to the interview ?

I'm forever concerned about the time spent outside the US since getting the PRC. We spent quite a bit of time between mid-2007 and late 2008 traveling in and out of the US while trying to get settled here. Have not had one trip out of the country since Oct 31, 2008 (We filed N-400 Nov 01, 2013). The Interview Scheduling letter specifies to showing documentation that you maintained residence here if you took any trip longer than 6 months since getting the PRC. Because we stayed with family during that time moving in and out of the country, we dont have Tenancy Agreements. Are personal bank statements an acceptable form of proof? Would you advice that I carry these whether or not they ask ?

Timeline:
Nov 01 2013: Sent Package
Nov 29 2013: Fingerprinting Done
Jan 02 2014: Received Interview Letter
Jan 29 2014: Interview Date

My timeline

Mailed N-400 11/12/2013
Received: 11/15/2013
FP Done: 12/11/2013
In line for interview: 12/16/2013
Interview: ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Vindictive123 !
Can you please share the questions and experience.

Thanks

Sure. My field office is san antonio. I waited 20 mins past my interview time before I was called. The IO was pretty friendly. As soon as we entered the room, i had to take the oath. Then the grilling started ;-)
IO asked me about my latest trip outside the US, my job and details about my job description.The IO was pregnant and had allergies so was slightly uneasy. I had 2 piles of paperwork and for some reason she was going back and forth over the paperwork. Ultimately she asked whether I had sent a copy of my birth certificate with my application. I didn't know but i knew that it was part of my GC application. She also asked a copy of my marraige certificate and tax returns. I'm so glad I took these documents as the document list that came with my interview letter didn't mention any extra documents.
Then she asked 6 civics questions, one sentence to write and speak. I passed all. The IO was getting nosy by asking about my wife, what she did and how we got married. Then we also talked about my food cuisines I liked :). The interview took half an hr. Longer than I expected. After the interview, she gave a letter stating I had passed the interview and that my case has been approved. No congratulations, no happy faces. She did smile sometimes during our interview.

Received this note
On January 23, 2014, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled.

Yellow Letter

Got a yellow letter on 1/22. Request for driver's license at interview time. What a waste of paper.:D The interview letter can easily serve that purpose.

Got a yellow letter on 1/22. Request for driver's license at interview time. What a waste of paper.:D The interview letter can easily serve that purpose.

Tell me about it MasonryElijah. I also got a YL letter stating to bring DL and all passports but my IL also had the same request. So, I didn't understand why USCIS duplicated the ask. Wastage of paper

status update

status changed to "scheduled for interview."

Mailed N-400 11/12/2013
Scheduled for interview: 1/28/2013

Passed my citizenship interview today in Los Angeles.

Spent more time being pre-processed and waiting than in the interview itself. While waiting to be called into the interview itself a very friendly IO, (probably the senior/supervisor/or something like that of the others) came by the waiting room, introduced herself, asked in a joking way if we'd all studied hard for the civics test. I was called in a moment later, and was out about 10 mins later.

My IO was a very pleasant lady. I took an oath before being asked to sit. Then she went through various specifics on my N-400 application form that I submitted. I had one traffic citation for speeding, which she wanted to clarify was just a ticket I paid a fine for and not that I was hand-cuffed or anything, which would constitute an actual arrest. I had my original citation and proof of payment, etc, but she never asked for them.

She also asked about my one trip that was more than 6 months (less than 12 months), taken more than 5 years ago. This part was always the one issue I stressed about, and a major reason I waited to apply for citizenship, just to be sure the trip was outside the most recent 5 year window. I briefly explained that the trip involved slowly relocating house to the US. She didnt bother too much about it.

In between going through my N-400 application form's information, I was given the civics test, which I passed with the first 6 questions. Basic written and reading test followed. Then back to the N-400 form. Was asked to sign the bottom of the form, she congratulated me and told that I had passed the interview and that she'd be recommending my application for approval. My GC and DL were photocopied, I was provided with the N-652 (Naturalization Interview Results) form and that was it.

Now waiting on Oath Scheduling. Had been informed as a group earlier on in the waiting room that the next oath ceremony would be on February 12th. My guess is that that might be a bit too early for me. But who knows, we'll see.

Timeline:
Jan 29 2014: Interview Date - Passed

Staus update

Received Interview letter.

Mailed N-400 11/12/2013
Scheduled for interview: 1/28/2014
Interview Letter received: 2/1/2014
Interview: 3/5/2014

Just wanted to let everybody know on this particular thread that I took the Oath of Allegiance yesterday. I'm so honored and proud to call myself an American citizen now. It was a truly moving ceremony. At least for me it was. I did not imagine that the process, from submitting the N-400 to the oath, would be so quick, but it was. I was expecting about a 6 month experience, it turned out to be 3 and 1/2 months.

I took my oath at the Los Angeles Convention Center, with another 2984 newly naturalized US citizens. As a side statistic if you are interested, we were told that the top 5 nationalities of the 2985 being naturalized were from Vietnam, China, The Philippines, El Salvador, and Mexico.

Here's my brief timeline once again

Timeline:
Jan 29 2014: Interview Date
Feb 06 2014: Received Oath Scheduling Letter
Feb 12 2014: Oath Ceremony

Last Update

Wow, its been quiet on this thread. Am I the last November applicant to get approved? :)

Went in for interview and oath today. Nothing interesting at the interview. The IO was very friendly and the whole interview took about 15 minutes. Walked into the building at about 6:55 and was in my car by about 8.20. The waiting period at the entrance was surprisingly long and the time from check-in to interview time took about 25 minutes.

The oath ceremony was pretty uneventful too. We were done in about an hour. It seemed most people (like me) couldn't wait to get out of there. Its over for me. Good luck to all the folks waiting.

Mailed N-400 11/12/2013
Oath: 3/5/2014

Wow, its been quiet on this thread. Am I the last November applicant to get approved? :)

Went in for interview and oath today. Nothing interesting at the interview. The IO was very friendly and the whole interview took about 15 minutes. Walked into the building at about 6:55 and was in my car by about 8.20. The waiting period at the entrance was surprisingly long and the time from check-in to interview time took about 25 minutes.

The oath ceremony was pretty uneventful too. We were done in about an hour. It seemed most people (like me) couldn't wait to get out of there. Its over for me. Good luck to all the folks waiting.

Mailed N-400 11/12/2013
Oath: 3/5/2014

I'm still waiting for my oath letter. It's been more than a month since I was put in the queue for oath :-(

vindictive123,
That sounds like a long wait. Is it normal for your district office?

My DO is San Antonio. If i look at the cases, it takes around 2 months after the interview for an oath ceremony to take place. I'm close to that. At the time of interview, both my wife and I were told to expect at least 2 months for oath ceremony.
We have an info-pass appt in the 3rd week of march just in case.

My N-400 was placed in line for interview scheduling since Jan 13, 2014.
As of today (Mar 9, 2014), I haven't received any further appointment or notice yet. Here's my tracker,

Employment-based Greencard
11-14-13: N-400 Application mailed to Phoenix, AZ
11-21-13: Receipt Notice & Notice of Action received
11-30-13: Biometric scheduled
12-10-13: Biometric done
01-13-14: N-400 was placed in line for interview scheduling (online status).
01-16-14: Yellow letter received, asking to bring State-issued ID

Has anyone experienced this long wait before? Please share.

redbasill,

It took a while for me to get an IL after being placed in line. However, the IL did come shortly after the yellow letter. Your case sounds a little unusual but hey this thing appears to be very unpredictable.

Same time frame as Redbasil. Online status updated to 'inline for interview scheduling' on 12/30 and has been the same ever since.