2013 November N-400 Tracker

MasonryElijah & jwdkhan: Thanks for your comments. I might try to give them a call next week if there's no further notice.

It's now been 90 days since status changed to 'Inline for Interview Scheduling' after fingerprints were taken. My wife received a yellow letter to bring her driver's license along for her interview (whenever it is scheduled for), but that was more than 70 days back. Do I call the 800 number now and ask what is holding our case back?

Last Update

Wow, its been quiet on this thread. Am I the last November applicant to get approved? :)

Went in for interview and oath today. Nothing interesting at the interview. The IO was very friendly and the whole interview took about 15 minutes. Walked into the building at about 6:55 and was in my car by about 8.20. The waiting period at the entrance was surprisingly long and the time from check-in to interview time took about 25 minutes.

The oath ceremony was pretty uneventful too. We were done in about an hour. It seemed most people (like me) couldn't wait to get out of there. Its over for me. Good luck to all the folks waiting.

Mailed N-400 11/12/2013
Received: 11/15/2013
FP Done: 12/11/2013
In line for interview: 12/16/2013
Scheduled for interview: 1/28/2014
Interview Letter received: 2/1/2014
Interview: 3/5/2014
Oath: 3/5/2014

Hello, I was wondering how your Interview and Oath ceremonies were held on the same day.

Copying my older message from the archives section since apparently not everything was moved over to this new version of the website ...

5/21/2014: "I called today and told them it's been 6 months and a week since I filed for my N400 and nearly 5 months since the last update. The officer immediately opened a Service Request for an interview and said I should hear something within the next 30 days. I had called a month back and they weren't even opening a SR for me then. Hopefully things will move faster now..."

Well another 4 weeks have passed and no update (last update 12/30). Do I call them again?

It's been more than 30 days since a Service Request was opened so I called again today morning and had a second SR opened for my case. The officer suggested this should hopefully make someone at the Seattle Office actually pick up my case and have a look at it :(.

jwdkhan

How much time it took for you to get GC after filing it? Looks like ~5 years?
Looks like you went thru the LONG LONG FB name check process? Did you have any DUII?

Do you knwo if your delay now as well is due to FB name checks ?

Does scheduled for interview means FB name check done or still going on or one doesn't know or name checks start only after interview?

Thx

No DUIs of any kind. Mine should have been a very straight forward case all along, no over stays or out of status scenarios of any kind. But everything has taken very long and it seems I am going through the same delays again. Probably background checks holding me back :(.

Shuute.. not a pleasant thing.. hope you get soon and I don't go into these name-check delays again...!

I went to an interview and testing this morning and passed. The Oath ceremony was in the afternoon, on the same day. What a relieve!
The officer was polite and quite friendly. My interview and testing took about 25 minutes. Make sure you remember what you filled out on your N-400. Also the questions are now randomly generated by a computer. So, make sure you remember all 100 questions & answers. The reading and writing parts were easy.

Here's a summary of my time frame.
11-14-13: N-400 Application mailed to Phoenix, AZ
11-21-13: Receipt Notice & Notice of Action received
11-30-13: Biometric scheduled
12-10-13: Biometric done
01-13-14: N-400 was placed in line for interview scheduling (online status).
01-16-14: Yellow letter received, asking to bring State-issued ID
6-9-14: N-400 was scheduled for an interview.
6-14-14: Received an interview schedule in a mail, July 17, 2014
7-17-14: Interview & Testing and Oath Ceremony

As you can see, my N-400 was placed in a line for an interview for 6 months and the overall process took about 8 months. Note that the processing time of Denver office is longer than other states. Yours might be shorter. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Last edited:
Congratulations Redbasil, very good to hear you are through. Also the fact that you were 'in-line for interview scheduling' for 6 months gives me hope. Best of luck.

Redbasil
Congratz! You are family/marriage based or H1B->GC->N-400?
Looks like you got a Yellow letter asking just to bring your state issue ID? what is this ID? DL or something else?
You had to visit to show this state ID before the interview date or just take this ID for your final interview?

JwdKhan
Did you call again? any update?
Redbasil's timeline matches the processing waits for Denver service center on uscis website.
Not sure what is going on Settle service center, it says 5.2 months, which should make you get an interview letter?
Do you know the timelines for others at Seattle service center?

Hi Stinger,

I have called several times and opened 2 service requests to have someone look into my case. Both times I received letters from USCIS saying my case was within normal processing times and I needed to wait. It's been more than 8 months now since I mailed in my application. I'll wait till the end of the week and open another service request and then probably schedule an InfoPass appointment. Not sure what else I can do.

Hi Stinger,

I have called several times and opened 2 service requests to have someone look into my case. Both times I received letters from USCIS saying my case was within normal processing times and I needed to wait. It's been more than 8 months now since I mailed in my application. I'll wait till the end of the week and open another service request and then probably schedule an InfoPass appointment. Not sure what else I can do.
An InfoPass at the local office might give you more details about the waiting time. The last time I waited 10 months for my Green Card interview with lots of phone calls to them but all told me I had to wait. I then had an InfoPass and an officer told me approximately 2.5 months that I have to wait, based on where I was in the waiting queue. It was exactly 2.5 months.

Redbasil
Congratz! You are family/marriage based or H1B->GC->N-400?
Looks like you got a Yellow letter asking just to bring your state issue ID? what is this ID? DL or something else?
You had to visit to show this state ID before the interview date or just take this ID for your final interview?

JwdKhan
Did you call again? any update?
Redbasil's timeline matches the processing waits for Denver service center on uscis website.
Not sure what is going on Settle service center, it says 5.2 months, which should make you get an interview letter?
Do you know the timelines for others at Seattle service center?

Hi Stinger,
Thanks! Here are my answers,
1. My N-400 is based on employment. Here's my background, F-1 --> H-1B (first round) --> H-1B (second round) --> GC --> US Citizen
2. That "State Issued ID" is just my driver's license that I carry in my wallet everyday.
3. I didn't have to to submit this driver's license or show up at USCIS field office (where I get an interview) before the actual interview date. USCIS officer will ask you for this ID during an interview.

Congratulations Redbasil, very good to hear you are through. Also the fact that you were 'in-line for interview scheduling' for 6 months gives me hope. Best of luck.

Thank you and please don't give up hope. You are almost there. Good Luck

Is it mandatory to have state issued ID for interview. My relative got yellow letter and since she is old, she never had or got state issued ID(DL or Non-driver). Issue now is she has misplaced the green card, so in dilemma as to whether to make InfoPass and try to get the I-551 stamp or just goto interview without ID. I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions/thoughts.

I went to an interview and testing this morning and passed. The Oath ceremony was in the afternoon, on the same day. What a relieve!
The officer was polite and quite friendly. My interview and testing took about 25 minutes. Make sure you remember what you filled out on your N-400. Also the questions are now randomly generated by a computer. So, make sure you remember all 100 questions & answers. The reading and writing parts were easy.

Here's a summary of my time frame.
11-14-13: N-400 Application mailed to Phoenix, AZ
11-21-13: Receipt Notice & Notice of Action received
11-30-13: Biometric scheduled
12-10-13: Biometric done
01-13-14: N-400 was placed in line for interview scheduling (online status).
01-16-14: Yellow letter received, asking to bring State-issued ID
6-9-14: N-400 was scheduled for an interview.
6-14-14: Received an interview schedule in a mail, July 17, 2014
7-17-14: Interview & Testing and Oath Ceremony

As you can see, my N-400 was placed in a line for an interview for 6 months and the overall process took about 8 months. Note that the processing time of Denver office is longer than other states. Yours might be shorter. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Went for an infopass appointment yesterday at the Seattle office. I asked the officer if he had any idea why my case was taking so long and it'd been nearly 9 months since I sent in my application with no update for an interview invite. The officer was very polite and said that everything looked fine, there should not be anything holding it back, it just needed to be picked up by an officer and placed in queue for an interview appointment. However he mentioned that a few officers had recently left or been transferred away from the Seattle office and they were short handed. At this point he said it was just a case of waiting :-(.

It has been just over 9 months since I filed my N-400 application. I opened another Service request yesterday. That makes it 3 Service requests and one InfoPass appointment. Looking at some of the Seattle Office N-400 submissions on Trackitt, I see applications from the March time frame are now being Scheduled for Interviews.

Asking some of the gurus like Jackolantern and Cafeconleche here what would my best mode of action be. Do I write letters to local congressmen? Would that help or do I just wait? Thanks.

I "think" that is the best option now, atleast you will get a reasonable valid reason why it is delayed.