2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Yes...

Spidey,

Yes. You have fill out form I-9 and submit to your HR. I think it is important as the company's records shows you are on H-1B (which in your case will expire soon).

Normally the lawyers will remind you but it is better if you follow-up on your own.

For USCIS, I am not sure whether you need to file any thing as you are maintaining valid legal status through EAD. The only thing you have to be careful is file EAD extension well ahead of time so that processing delays won't run you out of work (not out of status).

here is a link mentioning the above..

http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/adjustmentofstatus/eadap-hl.html

Thx
MD2001

spidey said:
I have a question... here's my situation.
My H1-B 6 year limit expires in Feb 2006 (yes next month)
As you will notice in my signature, I have an approved EAD / 140 and AP.

I intend to move on to the EAD status and not renew my H1-B

So... my question is.. Do I need to do anything to transfer over from H1-B to EAD status ? either with my HR or with USCIS ?
File a form ? Change something somewhere ??
OR will this just roll over... without me doing anything ??

Anybody with any experience with this kind of thing ???

thanks in advance for your help..

Hi Kewl,

Yes, mine is concurrent filing. EB3 and priority date is March 2001.
I received an RFE for my I-140 petition on Dec 9, 2005. RFE states that i resubmit my experience and educational evaluation as the ealier one was not too clear.

Hope this helps.

- sappana

EB3 : PD:03/2001
I-140 : RD:05/26/05 ND:06/02 LUD: 11/30, RFE 12/9

I am posting this again

After finger printing on sep 9th mine & my spouse message has not changed . I got EAD and AP approval but my husband's is still pending , we got an same RFE for our cases ,well I got my ead and ap .... it is almost 4 months and I am still waiting for my spouse ead and ap . is there any thing I can do ...

One more question when my 140 was approved I noticed a LUD on my 485 but not on my husband's 485 .... why is that so .

please support at http://immigrationvoice.org

Dear Friends,

Please support the fight against retrogression

http://immigrationvoice.org

Lot of activities are going on to fight against EB retrogression.

The team is working with a professional lobbyist and we won't fail this time.

We will win the fight.We need everyone's support.

Good luck.

Is it IsnAmerica.org

Sai,

Is this IsnAmerica.org with new name? If they are different then I see the effort devided.

MD2001

SaiWelcome said:
Dear Friends,

Please support the fight against retrogression

http://immigrationvoice.org

Lot of activities are going on to fight against EB retrogression.

The team is working with a professional lobbyist and we won't fail this time.

We will win the fight.We need everyone's support.

Good luck.

RFE and LUD etc. Das was right I got an RFE Too ..!!!

das_go said:
It takes 3-5 business days to reach Lawyer denpending on your lawyers location in US relative to Vermont.

It depends my RFE is to get a new educational evaluation. My lawyer submitted an evaluation done way back when i came to US thru some body shopper. That one really sucked as it didn't mention the qualifications of the person doing the evaluations.

Now my lawyer is getting it done from a good place also i have a 4 yr engg degree so he says not an issue. Its difficult to evaluate a 3 yr degree to US degree, unless you have some other deploma/degree to combine it.

Regarding work exp letter i did submit it but they gave an RFE saying format has some mistakes. It tells on the RFE what theyare looking for in the letter.

So it all depends on why u got the RFE not what RFE you got.

Let me know how did your RFE go ..Saapna and Das
I have no idea what it is ..once I get it I'll let you guys know.

Guys,

I was trying to infer the pattern for I-140 approval. Does it look to you guys that USCIS is picking up I-140 cases for approval only once your Priority Date becomes current (for all concurrent filings). This might explain why sappana's 140 was picked and not for me/aj_jadeja/etc

Thanks

----------------
EB2: PD:11/2002
I-140 :RD:4/27/2005 ND:5/6/2005 No LUDs

sappana said:
Hi Kewl,

Yes, mine is concurrent filing. EB3 and priority date is March 2001.
I received an RFE for my I-140 petition on Dec 9, 2005. RFE states that i resubmit my experience and educational evaluation as the ealier one was not too clear.

Hope this helps.

- sappana

EB3 : PD:03/2001
I-140 : RD:05/26/05 ND:06/02 LUD: 11/30, RFE 12/9

I-140 approval pattern

Not true. My PD is Dec 2002 (EB2) and my I-140 was approved on Dec 29, 2005.

KewlHarry said:
Guys,

I was trying to infer the pattern for I-140 approval. Does it look to you guys that USCIS is picking up I-140 cases for approval only once your Priority Date becomes current (for all concurrent filings). This might explain why sappana's 140 was picked and not for me/aj_jadeja/etc

Thanks

----------------
EB2: PD:11/2002
I-140 :RD:4/27/2005 ND:5/6/2005 No LUDs

140 file

One of my friend’s employer sent 140 file to VSC in this week. Any one have idea how long it will take to get her receipt and approval time frame this type of case.

Thanks,
Anita

Ap,ead I140

Me too in the same boat. EB3 Labor Substitue.
LC PD 1998
I140,EAD,AP,485 RD Jun 6th.
No reply/update till date from any of the cases.
Please advise me.
tnx

casca2005 said:
Congratulations gb04 on your I-140 approval.

I am very new to this forum.

Mine was filed in december too.
-------------------------------
EB3 Labor Substitute Case.
LC PD 1999

140/485/EAD/AP RD Dec 30th 2004
140/485/EAD/AP ND Jan 18 2005
-------------------------------

Since the receipt date is Dec 30th 2004 and notice date is Jan 18 2005,
whats the priority date for me, is it dec or Jan 2005. Please advice.

Thanks

don't think INS is making sense

just got my I-140 receipt. Received oct.24, 2006, notice date:eek:ct.26, 2005.

But I already got my approval notice in Dec. It was actually approved on Nov.16.

PD is Apr. 2002, EB3, so still waiting for the #@#$@ visa available...:(((((

USCIS doesnt make sense.. dont try to make sense out of it either :D

Beam

I couldnt resist this post. Sorry its not informative at all... in fact its repetitive...

USCIS doesnt make any sense.. neither does DOL.. so lets stop trying to make any sense out of it.
I have friends who started the process after I did and have their GC's since 1 year now... no difference in education, working in different companies but all from the same geographic location....

So I stopped trying to make any sense out of this long ago.
Heres what it is:

LUCK

When your day comes you'll get lucky. Until then, fnd the best possible means to work with the cards that have been dealt to you.

Of course, I am here for the same purpose as you... so I am not pretending it doesnt bother me... but I hope this helps you some :D

For how long have the cut-off dates for I140 remained unchanged ?

I have been observing the cut-off date for I140 ( VSC) for the last 3 months ( EB2 ) and it has remained static at 21-May-05. Why is VSC so slow ? OR are they not updating the cut-off dates ?

Can anyone tell me for how long have they remained static ?

Need everyone's support

MD2001 said:
Sai,

Is this IsnAmerica.org with new name? If they are different then I see the effort devided.

MD2001

With our efforts failing to materialize on the S.1932 issue, some of the very active members on this forum (immigration.com) decided to join hands and become even more active for the next effort. And like most people on this forum, all of these members are effected by retrogression.

The result - www.immigrationVoice.org, an organization formed specifically to address the retrogression issues facing legal immigrants, as a combined and coordinated effort.

The purpose of this organization is to make an all-out effort at the right time, using the right strategy, in a combined way, as against certain individuals doing on their own. S.1932 was a learning experience.

www.immigrationVoice.org is the tool for our next effort.

Members on this forum such as sunjoshi, pdhakwal, indio0617, vingivi, Black_Logs, Hopeful_123, gc_bronco, Sandeep_N, bklog_sufferer, Vallabhu, rajatism, Lab_cld, nozdam, WaldenPond etc. are among the leading members of immigrationVoice.org. And anybody on this would like to be active and be a leading member or a volunteer are welcome.

The current efforts are:
1. Co-ordinated efforts to address the severe retrogression issue affecting most of the members on this forum.
2. Creating awareness among the lawmakers by working with several other groups to obtain the correct channel for communication.
3. Raising funds to incorporate a media-driven/lobby-driven strategy
4. Involve more affected people and make our voice even louder.

We need your support. We need your input. We need you to step up to the plate and be a part of the solution.

Please go to www.immigrationVoice.org and register yourself. Please sign up as an volunteer or as a core-member and contribute towards the effort to get our permanent legal residence faster.

We need volunteers to help out in:
1. Membership drive/Fund Raising
2. Media relations/PR
3. Lobbying efforts

Questions can be directed to greencard@immigrationVoice.org and we will respond to you at the earliest convenience.

Remember, we are one among you. The more ownership you take of the problem, the faster the resolution will be.

As a group, we attempted to use isnamerica.org as our tool, but since it is a privately-owned website with goals that are different than ours, that did not materialize.

We would urge you to help us to do our share for the community. Please go to http://www.immigrationvoice.org

Thank You

I am in the same situation .......

gc_xp said:
Count me in.

My I140 and 485 filed on April-22-05 and got my EAD and FP (code3) done on 05/13, but no updates after that for my I140 or I1485. My application filed using substitued labor and in EB3 category.

I have seen lot of people got approvals who filed their applications after me and I still yet to get my I140 approval. The VSC dates for EB3 I-140 are not moving, but I can not consider this as a benchmark, bcoz they approved the applications that were files in Nov/dec-05.

slkrk

My sincere advice is to stay on H1b until you your GC (if you can)

I believe you know the pros and cons of being on EAD vs H1B and I stongly recommend not to change to your status to EAD when you can extend your H1B. I know this costs you extra money, but it is worth it..believe me.

slkrk

spidey said:
I have a question... here's my situation.
My H1-B 6 year limit expires in Feb 2006 (yes next month)
As you will notice in my signature, I have an approved EAD / 140 and AP.

I intend to move on to the EAD status and not renew my H1-B

So... my question is.. Do I need to do anything to transfer over from H1-B to EAD status ? either with my HR or with USCIS ?
File a form ? Change something somewhere ??
OR will this just roll over... without me doing anything ??

Anybody with any experience with this kind of thing ???

thanks in advance for your help..

slkrk said:
I believe you know the pros and cons of being on EAD vs H1B and I stongly recommend not to change to your status to EAD when you can extend your H1B. I know this costs you extra money, but it is worth it..believe me.

slkrk

slkrk

The only reason one would chose to stay on h1-b was to protect ones legal status in this country should the GC process go South....

If mine does, I am not wasting another breath in this country, I will sell what assets I have acquired here and move back to my home country... I came here to make something of myself not to become endlessly embroiled with immigration issues.... it's been 4 years already and if all goes well... I expect it will be 4.5 to 5 yrs before I get the GC... anything more than that gets into the scary decade long immigration story.
Thats just bullshit. I can be anything I want in my homeland, here I will never be able to be a first class citizen... .so why waste that much of ones youth and certainly in case the damn thing takes 10 yrs that youth quickly changes to middle age...

But, I agree if your ultimate goal is to definitely immigrate... H1-b is safer.... and your opinion is appreciated.

Have a good one guys...