2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Question about I-94

Hello MD2001,

I also returned recently with H1B visa stamp, although I had AP (as recommended by different discussion forums and even attorney). Now, do we report the new I-94 number we get at the port of entry to the USCIS to our pending I-140/I-485 petition. I hope some attorney is reading this forum and can answer this question. Thanks

MD2001 said:
whatthecheck,

congratulations for your LC approval and good luck for your next statge.

guys, I am back from India, had my 7th year visa stamping done at chennai with no hasseles. Sorry to hear that the immi relief provisions in S.1937 are not included in the final bill.

anyway Happy New Year guys.

-MD2001

No...

niwnow,

You don't need to report new I-94 number to USCIS. I-94 you got is based on H-1B which is dual intent, which means you can extend it till you get 485 approval.

by the way how did you get this idea of reporting I-94 to USCIS. All you need is send a copy of new I-94 and visa page to your lawyer so that s/he attaches your most recent status while filing any future paperwork.

- MD2001

niwnow said:
Hello MD2001,

I also returned recently with H1B visa stamp, although I had AP (as recommended by different discussion forums and even attorney). Now, do we report the new I-94 number we get at the port of entry to the USCIS to our pending I-140/I-485 petition. I hope some attorney is reading this forum and can answer this question. Thanks

I-94

Thanks MD2001

I understand that we have to report change in address etc. I think change in I-94 number is also a major one, but I did not ever see any discussion on this, so I thought I should check. By the way, I self-filed my stuff I only consult lawyer for major issues and clarifications. I guess I'll file it along with any other material in the future. Thanks again.

MD2001 said:
niwnow,

You don't need to report new I-94 number to USCIS. I-94 you got is based on H-1B which is dual intent, which means you can extend it till you get 485 approval.

by the way how did you get this idea of reporting I-94 to USCIS. All you need is send a copy of new I-94 and visa page to your lawyer so that s/he attaches your most recent status while filing any future paperwork.

- MD2001

Best Wishes for the New Year

2005 has been wrought with uppers and downers.... both within and without the context of immigration issues.

Here's wishing for a smoother and more successful 2006 to everyone here, lets remember to smile and party safely :D

Thanks a lot for the information

Hi GCVARUMA....

Thanks a lot for the information .......

GCVARUMA said:
slkrk.. The following are the steps to follow for Address change :

1. File AR-11 or (AR-11SR - special registration country, if applies) within 10 days of the move. More information at http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/address.htm

2. Compose a request letter, attach all pending petitions and send it to the service center processing your case. The address can be got at : http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices. (look for Address and Attorney Change Notification on the site)

3. Write to the local-office about your address change, if you had been at least one case adjudicated there.

4. Call 800 / customer support and let them know about new address.

5. In most cases online message change "we respond your request for info about case...." or LUD changes. You may or may not get a confirmation letter. If not then give a follow-up call again to the 800 / customer support number and confirm if new address record has been updated.

Note : This information was posted by someone in this forum : When your file is in the local office, you have to file address changes directly to that office too including the AR-11. This was news to us when the officer at the Detroit office told us that. Anyway, we sent them another address change request to the address that they gave us and everything went well. Now, all the communication comes to our new address and the file is in Detroit.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

garp said:
My I140 was mailed to USCIS around Dec 20th. How do I check LUD? I expect that it will take a week or two for my file to get processed into their system.

hi garp,

even i applied i-140 on 20th dec 2005, do you get the receipt notice

Last edited by a moderator:
Magic email on 140 approval for NewYear!!

Friends,

I got the magic email for my I-140 approval yesterday(12/30) evening around 4.30PM(PST) :) !! Me and my wife could not believe our eyes... May be a good officer with happy NewYear mood, would have clicked the approval for us to enjoy :) !!! We are glad that we have crossed it...

The Roller-coaster ride for the 140(I was a victim of one of the infamous GC fraud company heavily discussed a year ago...) is finally over... Many Many thanks to UN(another gem to his crown) and my employer for all their efforts towards this approval.... For more info, please look at my signature...

For all the guys, looking for your approvals: Please Hang on... It is all on the way!! My wishes and prayers for all your approvals.... And Happy NewYear 2006 wishes to everyone here at the forum!! :)

where_r_v,

Hearty congratulations to you on your 140 approval... Surely its a new year gift to you.. Lets hope to see speedy approvals in new year ahead!!! Happy new year to you all...

any recent 485 approvals???

Hi Gurus,
Any one got 485 approvals recently? Please update me.

My status is CURRENT now. Not sure when my 485 will be approved.

Does any one know how the FBI name check work? How does one can confirm it? I want to verify my name check process. Please suggest me with different views.

Urgent response required. Please!

I am gathering my documents to apply for I-140.
I have been working at my current job for 5 years.
My labor app. got cleared recently under EB3 category.

Before I joined my current employer I worked at a sofrware company as an intern for 3 months and before that as a TA for the Physics Department during my Masters.

My attorney has asked me for experience verification letter from both my previous employers. I was asked to get letters detailing my Job duties,
Eg: Helped Maintain the web site for a physics course and helped the department with certain computer related issues.

I was able to get a general employment verification letter form the physics department, Ie verifying the dates and the title of a Teaching Assistant but they were not able to confirm my job duties.

My HR person says that this is not good and it will be hard to prove my experience on the I-140.

Can someone tell me if this really is a serious concern or will the general experience verification letter be sufficient ?

Thanks.

Guy with I-140 pending for more than 6 months !!!!!!

All (who have a 140-pending for more than 6 months),

I am trying to establish a pattern. Can you guys tell me whether you applied concurrently for I-140 and I-485 or not ? and What is you Priority Date and Category (EB-1/2/3) ???

Would appreciate your replies ....

Thanks in advance

PS - I think "sappana", "aj_jadeja", "ngusev",.... fall in this category

LaborPains said:
I am gathering my documents to apply for I-140.
I have been working at my current job for 5 years.
My labor app. got cleared recently under EB3 category.

Before I joined my current employer I worked at a sofrware company as an intern for 3 months and before that as a TA for the Physics Department during my Masters.

My attorney has asked me for experience verification letter from both my previous employers. I was asked to get letters detailing my Job duties,
Eg: Helped Maintain the web site for a physics course and helped the department with certain computer related issues.

I was able to get a general employment verification letter form the physics department, Ie verifying the dates and the title of a Teaching Assistant but they were not able to confirm my job duties.

My HR person says that this is not good and it will be hard to prove my experience on the I-140.

Can someone tell me if this really is a serious concern or will the general experience verification letter be sufficient ?

Thanks.

No one can really answer that question without learning all the details of your case... and even then it maybe upto the lawyer....

Here's what I can tell you... you should be able to get a employment verification letter from anyone from your university / dept.... presumably when you maintained that website you had a boss or even other coworkers... anyone of them can write a letter saying you did what you did and it would most definitely suffice....

In the case that you cannot even get this... you dont have an option... then dont worry and just put whatever you have in... if it's a problem for the USCIS they'll send an RFE... asking for more information... even if they want to deny... they will first send out a Intent to Deny listing the reason for denial....

Most cases are denied at the 140 level NOT because of the employees qualifications BUT bcause of the employers inability to pay the wages... so if your employer is making money and has been profitable for the last 3 years... you will be ok. Profitable is defined as NET profits more than your offered salary...

Hope this helps.

KewlHarry said:

I am trying to establish a pattern. Can you guys tell me whether you applied concurrently for I-140 and I-485 or not ? and What is you Priority Date and Category (EB-1/2/3) ???

Thanks in advance

Count me in.

spidey said:
No one can really answer that question without learning all the details of your case... and even then it maybe upto the lawyer....

Here's what I can tell you... you should be able to get a employment verification letter from anyone from your university / dept.... presumably when you maintained that website you had a boss or even other coworkers... anyone of them can write a letter saying you did what you did and it would most definitely suffice....

In the case that you cannot even get this... you dont have an option... then dont worry and just put whatever you have in... if it's a problem for the USCIS they'll send an RFE... asking for more information... even if they want to deny... they will first send out a Intent to Deny listing the reason for denial....

Most cases are denied at the 140 level NOT because of the employees qualifications BUT bcause of the employers inability to pay the wages... so if your employer is making money and has been profitable for the last 3 years... you will be ok. Profitable is defined as NET profits more than your offered salary...

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply.
My employer has been making money and paying me on time. That is definitely not a problem.

I have obtained a general employment verification letter from the Physics Dept stating that I was a TA for a semester. But they were not able to verify what I did then because it was not documented. Now they are trying to locate the prof for whom i maintained the web site. Hopefully they will be able to give me a letter describing my job.
Otherwise I will have no option but to make do with the basic one.

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everyone ,

After finger printing on sep 9th mine & my spouse message has not changed . I got EAD and AP approval but my husband's is still pending , we got an same RFE for our cases ,well I got my ead and ap .... it is almost 4 months and I am still waiting for my spouse ead and ap . is there any thing I can do ...

One more question when my 140 was approved I noticed a LUD on my 485 but not on my husband's 485 .... why is that so .

Thank you

yep

KewlHarry said:

Thanks in advance

Yep

EB3

filed concurrent

PD is May 2002

H1-B status to EAD status....

I have a question... here's my situation.
My H1-B 6 year limit expires in Feb 2006 (yes next month)
As you will notice in my signature, I have an approved EAD / 140 and AP.

I intend to move on to the EAD status and not renew my H1-B

So... my question is.. Do I need to do anything to transfer over from H1-B to EAD status ? either with my HR or with USCIS ?
File a form ? Change something somewhere ??
OR will this just roll over... without me doing anything ??

Anybody with any experience with this kind of thing ???

thanks in advance for your help..

Your will have to file a new I-9(employment verification) stating the same, which you must have done when you joined your employer for the first time.
spidey said:
I have a question... here's my situation.
My H1-B 6 year limit expires in Feb 2006 (yes next month)
As you will notice in my signature, I have an approved EAD / 140 and AP.

I intend to move on to the EAD status and not renew my H1-B

So... my question is.. Do I need to do anything to transfer over from H1-B to EAD status ? either with my HR or with USCIS ?
File a form ? Change something somewhere ??
OR will this just roll over... without me doing anything ??

Anybody with any experience with this kind of thing ???

thanks in advance for your help..