2005 Consolidated Tracker (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

create a userid in uscis web site

garp said:
My I140 was mailed to USCIS around Dec 20th. How do I check LUD? I expect that it will take a week or two for my file to get processed into their system.

You have to create a user id in uscis web site and add your reciept number to that, you will see LUD details in there.

aj

garp said:
My I140 was mailed to USCIS around Dec 20th. How do I check LUD? I expect that it will take a week or two for my file to get processed into their system.
Information about how to register to get E-mails is in the posting by foret1 : http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1305929&postcount=2053.

jaamra said:
I didn't get lucky yet in regard with my I-140 application. I see many approvals in this month. For me no LUDs after 08/26/2005. My friend got his approved from the same employer around Dec'05 mid.

What is VSC doing with my case? :mad:
Is there any one like me?? :(
My case is something like yours. Just got one LUD on my 140. Here are the details:
I-140/I-485 Filling Details :
LC: OWN-EB2, PD-01/03, AD-09/05
140/I485/EAD/AP:RD-09/16/05;ND-09/21/05
I 140:LUDs:09/24
SELF:
I-485 :LUDs:09/24,10/13,10/14,10/19(Fingerprint Rcvd),11/04
I-765(EAD):LUDs:09/24 AD:10/06
I-131(AP) :LUDs:09/24 AD:10/06
FP :10/13 Code 3

SPOUSE:
I-485 :LUDs:09/24,10/13,10/14,10/31(Fingerprint Rcvd),11/01,11/04,11/09
I-765(EAD):LUDs:09/24 AD:10/06
I-131(AP) :LUDs:09/24 AD:10/06
FP :10/13 Code 3

Thanks,
GCVaruma.

jaamra said:
I didn't get lucky yet in regard with my I-140 application. I see many approvals in this month. For me no LUDs after 08/26/2005. My friend got his approved from the same employer around Dec'05 mid.

What is VSC doing with my case? :mad:
Is there any one like me?? :(

Mine is exactly same as yours, except couple of LUD on 140, which are waste anyway without the approval :(

AR11 address change

My I140 and 485 application are pending at VSC and am currenly workin on my EAD. I recently changed my address and I would appreciate if some one can share the information about sending address change form (AR-11) to USCIS.

1. My I-94 is expired last year and currently working using my EAD and my AP approved recently using the same I-94.
2. Do I need to send this form sperately for each application that is pending with USCIS or one form is sufficient.

Thanks in advance for your help....

slkrk

slkrk said:
My I140 and 485 application are pending at VSC and am currenly workin on my EAD. I recently changed my address and I would appreciate if some one can share the information about sending address change form (AR-11) to USCIS.

1. My I-94 is expired last year and currently working using my EAD and my AP approved recently using the same I-94.
2. Do I need to send this form sperately for each application that is pending with USCIS or one form is sufficient.

Thanks in advance for your help....

slkrk

slkrk.. The following are the steps to follow for Address change :

1. File AR-11 or (AR-11SR - special registration country, if applies) within 10 days of the move. More information at http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/address.htm

2. Compose a request letter, attach all pending petitions and send it to the service center processing your case. The address can be got at : http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices. (look for Address and Attorney Change Notification on the site)

3. Write to the local-office about your address change, if you had been at least one case adjudicated there.

4. Call 800 / customer support and let them know about new address.

5. In most cases online message change "we respond your request for info about case...." or LUD changes. You may or may not get a confirmation letter. If not then give a follow-up call again to the 800 / customer support number and confirm if new address record has been updated.

Note : This information was posted by someone in this forum : When your file is in the local office, you have to file address changes directly to that office too including the AR-11. This was news to us when the officer at the Detroit office told us that. Anyway, we sent them another address change request to the address that they gave us and everything went well. Now, all the communication comes to our new address and the file is in Detroit.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie: Someone guide me

Hello Friends,
My labor got approved last month and my I-140 was applied on Dec 7th. My PD is MD-RIR-EB3, Feb'2002.

Please let me know if i am in the right thread. Also let me know how to check my I-140 status and other terms used in this thread.

Thanks

whatheheck said:
Hello Friends,
My labor got approved last month and my I-140 was applied on Dec 7th. My PD is MD-RIR-EB3, Feb'2002.

Please let me know if i am in the right thread. Also let me know how to check my I-140 status and other terms used in this thread.

Thanks

Congrats whatheheck and welcome.. I remember you from the Philly thread. Good to see that you made it here.

Since your case was filed from MD you come under the Vermont Service center and so you are in the right thread. I think the following link will answer most of your questions : http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1305929&postcount=2053

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

welcome!!

welcome whatheheck!!
glad to hear your i-140 has been applied. let's hope and pray that the retrogression backlog will not be as long, dark and painful as the bec backlog was...

whatheheck said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks

Thanks

Hello GCVaruma and foret1,
Thanks for your prompt response. I just got back from India after 7 week vacation. Its nice to get back to this forum once again and meeting old philly buddies.

Hey GCVaruma, GC kandippa varum. Dont worry. :D

Thanks

welcome aboard!

whatthecheck,

congratulations for your LC approval and good luck for your next statge.

guys, I am back from India, had my 7th year visa stamping done at chennai with no hasseles. Sorry to hear that the immi relief provisions in S.1937 are not included in the final bill.

anyway Happy New Year guys.

-MD2001

whatheheck said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks

good luck to all who got their 140's approval.
dont know what happened to all of us left out of this stream.

hope that all ends well and our wait for 485 is shorter in the next year (highly hypothetical)........

happy new year 2006...
see you next year folks!!

Ajaks

140 pending for last 7 months ?????

My company is a small consulting company having <10 employees, but they got one 140 approval on EB3 in 6 weeks. My EB2 140 is pending for the last 7 months. There is no RFE yet, more details in my signature. Gurus please let me know whats going on with my case and when it will be picked up for processing. I was qualified for EB2 based on Bachelor degree and 5 year experience and filed through one of the most reputed law firm.

My details

HK_HR said:
Congrats Jaisingh.....

Can u post ur filing dates so that we know the time involved. My case has been filed on Oct-3 but there has been no progress so far.

PD AUG 2000
140 ND 07/15/04 AP 12/22/04
485 ND 07/15/04

both I140 and I485 changed

Hi gc_xp

I have a similar situation (see below). But I saw many postings said it is a bad sign if both I140 and I485 were changed at the same time and if the online status was not changed within one week. Any thought about this?

I will post any changes on my case.

NIW NSC
I140 RD 8/16/05
I140 RFE RD 11/21/05
I140 LUD 11/22/05, 12/23/05, 12/27/05
I485 ND 10/13/05
I485(my wife) FP done 12/14/05
I485 LUD 10/17/05 after AP, EAD; 12/23/05, 12/27/05

I believe the LUD's for 140/485 on my case was due to the reported address change and I got a confirmation letter on that after a couple of days of the last LUD. I don't even get a RFE in my case after 7 months wait which indicates that it was not picked up for processing. Any clues, gurus??

robinwood said:
Hi gc_xp

I have a similar situation (see below). But I saw many postings said it is a bad sign if both I140 and I485 were changed at the same time and if the online status was not changed within one week. Any thought about this?

I will post any changes on my case.

NIW NSC
I140 RD 8/16/05
I140 RFE RD 11/21/05
I140 LUD 11/22/05, 12/23/05, 12/27/05
I485 ND 10/13/05
I485(my wife) FP done 12/14/05
I485 LUD 10/17/05 after AP, EAD; 12/23/05, 12/27/05

my 2 cents

gc_xp,

The only thing I can see for your 140 pending so long is your PD, which is very recent compared to other cases.

After the retrogression, it is not clear whether 140 is processed as per RD or LC PD like 485.

Before retrogression 140s were processed in the order of receipt and PD had no role in the order of processing.

But still it is long compared to most of the cases which took 2-3 months on an average.

Good Luck.
MD2001

gc_xp said:
I believe the LUD's for 140/485 on my case was due to the reported address change and I got a confirmation letter on that after a couple of days of the last LUD. I don't even get a RFE in my case after 7 months wait which indicates that it was not picked up for processing. Any clues, gurus??

whatheheck said:
Hello GCVaruma and foret1,
Thanks for your prompt response. I just got back from India after 7 week vacation. Its nice to get back to this forum once again and meeting old philly buddies.

Hey GCVaruma, GC kandippa varum. Dont worry. :D

Thanks
whatheheck.. Hope you did have a good 7 week vacation. I know we will get the GC and I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

jaisingh said:
my RFE was about Ability to Pay .
Thanks for the update jaisingh. Wishing you the best in overcomming your RFE without any problems.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

What does it mean

I just checked my I-140 status and got the following status. Can anyone tell me what does it mean? Is it a default message?

Current Status:

Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on December 10, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 90 and 485 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

It is a default message. Don't worry.

whatheheck said:
I just checked my I-140 status and got the following status. Can anyone tell me what does it mean? Is it a default message?

Current Status:

Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on December 10, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 90 and 485 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.