140 --> NVC --> St.Louis --> NVC --> Consulate Tracker .....

Question regarding P3

I am travelling to India for 5 weeks in May/June. I was hoping to get the P3 before that, but this reconf letter has made than impossible. So, my question is: if I sign the DS-230 form and give it to my attorney, will they be able to forward P3 to St. Louis? If not, then it\'ll have to be after I get back. That will cause a serious delay for me!

Thanks.

The VM at NVC says

"your petetion is current, information sheet regarding adjustment of status has been sent to you"

-- What does that mean did they create packet3

Bad luck, it is the reconfirmation letter.

Refer to the discussions about it. You\'ll have to send a letter stating that you are still interested in CP as opposed to AOS.

question about P3

hi all,

I was trying to get my P3 ready ( still in reconfirmation mode, so just keeping things ready), so had a few questions where my fellow CPers might have some suggestions:

1. Item 13, Present Address: I have read on this board that a local address is useful for getting P4 without problems. However, if one is in US now, what does one write there, or can we give local address to consulate later?

2. The last item, the visits to USA : for people who have been here for the last few years, how does this work? does one have to give periods of stay minus vacations?

Thanks!!

Recd Packet 3...

Lawyer recd Packet 3 yesterday. Will be mailing it out today.

Details:

140 AD: 03/11/02
NVD RD: 03/22/02
NVC Case Created: 04/04/02
NVC Created P3: 04/15/02
P3 Recd: 04/22/02

I had a question on the DS230 form. I have already filled it out and sent it to the lawyer. They indicated that it should be printed front to back on one sheet of paper instead of 2 sheets. I told them to mail it in as is (on 2 sheets). Is that going to be a problem?

For guys who have had their review done -- did you print out the DS230 front to back on one sheet?

Thanks.

Need direction on whether to go for Consular

Guys,

I am going to apply for I-140 for NSC. Could you tell me which is faster now? Applying GC here or CP.

Thanks,

Venkat.

You can apply I-140 indicating either/or. Either I485 or CP. This way

should CP cycle times worsen you can go for CP. OR vice versa.

gcseeker02

how does one get to NVC operator these days??

looks like the NVC AVM doesnot give one any chance to talk to an operator these days, takes from message to message, delay or o would get one out of the call. Does anyone have any idea how to get hold of an operator??

thanks!

call nvc number and enter 2,2,3,1 and select you the service center first 3 alphabets

then enter 140 receipt number and press #, AVM tells you status infomation about your case and gives option \'if you like to speak to operator press 0\'.

Are you guys able to check y\'r status through AVM.

For me, after entring alll details it says no operator available at this time...(In evening time).
I wonder all are getting similar message. I am waiting on NVC to create pkt3.

Thanks Whiterose

The key is using the EAC number, I see. I have been using the NVC case number, which seems to keep me only in AVM. Thanks again!

You think AVM \'no operator available\' implies they are creating P3? which means they act quickly after getting the reconfirmation, like in watchTSC\'s case. that\'s good. mylawyer says they faxed the letter last friday, and sent in the one from NVC today. hope I guess..

Call early in the morning to talk to an operator!

Everytime I called NVC, I call right after they open...8am, Eastern Time. Then, I don\'t even get any AVM but the operator answers the phone directly. I was little surprised first! This morning I called around 8:15am, I got the message saying "Please hold while we are connecting you to the operator..." which was another surprise. About few minutes of wait, I got an operator. Give it a try!

Received Pkt3..

My Attorney received P3 on 4/19 and I received on 4/20, I will be sending P3 by end of this week.