• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

KNEC delivers confidential copies to the Embassy through a knec official and not through courier services. So There is this Ma'ma who has been in AP since May. She went to the interview without the Hussy's Gud cdct and Birth cert plus she hadn't requested KNEC to send that confidential copy. That landed her on AP since then. After few days the Embassy got Hussy's birth cert n Good cdct. What was remaining was that confidential copy.
After requesting knec to send, knec claimed to have sent it but they never wrote her case number on top so that caused some sort of delay. After waiting for 2month(She's slow I guess) she wrote an email to the Embassy to request status of her case...The Embassy replied and said they hadn't got her kcse copy. She called Knec again, went back and fourth with them and they finally decided to send that copy again. After a day or 2 she inquired about her case again(Embassy via an email). The Embassy replied and said they've received her kcse copy...they then added that they usually don't receive confidential copies via courier services but rather the KNEC officials deliver those copies in person but they said they'll look into her case and they'll advice on a way forward.
Apparently KNEC sent hers through courier service. She sort to inquire from KNEC side. On their defence, KNEC officials said that when they don't have someone going to the Embassy they usually use a courier. They then said that they'll call the Embassy and fix that problem which I don't know if they did or didn't do!
Later yesterday evening, the Ma'mas case changed from "AP" to "Refused".

What happened there ^^ exactly.
For those who keep on asking if going to KNEC is necessary. Here this from me YEAH IT'S NECESSARY.

Anyway back to the topic. What can she do? Write an e-mail, explain what happened!! clearly that wasn't her mistake. She had a C plus in KCSE, passed a Meds. Her, the hubby n her 2kids. No problem with anything else only that KCSE copy might have caused the sadden change of everything. Probably the Embassy thought she corrupted someone in KNEC offices or something of the sort. Which she didn't do...That's the only explanation I could come up with.
Long story I guess, bottom line guyz help that Ma'ma out with Ideas.
Sad for the mama,
I have absolutely NO IDEA on how to go about it,
However some of the things I have noted is:
1) (She's slow I guess) Nothing you can do for people who are slow just as you had noted
2)The fact that the whole episode has NEVER been brought out might mean she is reserved and she likes
doing things without involving many.
3) How sure are you that she sat sat for KCSE?
4)I know of person who did the same but apparently with a questionable KCSE certificate,once he was asked
to visit the KNEC for transmission the man just LET GO the chance.
5)I would suggest this,let MAMA literally give you the form four cert and see whether it is Authentic and then start from there.

Hi guys, thanks for the encouragement. My case still says "Ready" and I had emailed the Embassy and they replied that they are still waiting for a visa number for me and my family - wife and 2 kids. They said they will keep our passports incase a visa number becomes available but they cannot guarantee it. My interview was on 7th July and all documents requested on the 221g were delivered on 31st July. I guess they reviewed them in August so our visa numbers were reassigned. I am keeping hope up that between now and Sep 30 a miracle will happen. Please keep me and my family in prayer as this is very stressful. I am in the same position with #tyt and I can testify that it is the worst state you can be in. We in the forum who are in this situation need your prayers. PUSH- Pray until something happens~~
Sure,Mr Kimani,May the Almighty God remember you.

@griffin bro dont worry bro its will soon come to past bro let jst pray and leave it to God almighty then!!!

@griffin u welcome bro, as u see i too on the same nightmared since may ,my interviewed went well , i jst dnt understand why they put me on Ap then ,coz i hve no fake document then i hve everything they need ,but i believed 1 thing coz they retained my passport thr i knw i will work out this journey with a visa bro, jst keep the faith bro and fast for 3days bro its surely gonna happen and leaved the rest to the almighty God ,he is knw wat is happeneing bro when the time come it surely will gonna happen bro...okay jst keep the faith and patient bro it surely hve an hppy ending.,....

Hi guys, thanks for the encouragement. My case still says "Ready" and I had emailed the Embassy and they replied that they are still waiting for a visa number for me and my family - wife and 2 kids. They said they will keep our passports incase a visa number becomes available but they cannot guarantee it. My interview was on 7th July and all documents requested on the 221g were delivered on 31st July. I guess they reviewed them in August so our visa numbers were reassigned. I am keeping hope up that between now and Sep 30 a miracle will happen. Please keep me and my family in prayer as this is very stressful. I am in the same position with #tyt and I can testify that it is the worst state you can be in. We in the forum who are in this situation need your prayers. PUSH- Pray until something happens~~

My friend... I suggest u call the embassy right away and ask about ur case. I was in ur step shoes 11days ago. I had my interview done and granted a visa. But to my surprise my case was showing Ready.
I called them, and they said that there were no visa number available. But when I called them the second time? My case was showing issued in less than 2hours
So if u gave all ur documents and ur visa is approved. Please call them. Hope this will help. Gud luck

Reactions: tyt
My friend... I suggest u call the embassy right away and ask about ur case. I was in ur step shoes 11days ago. I had my interview done and granted a visa. But to my surprise my case was showing Ready.
I called them, and they said that there were no visa number available. But when I called them the second time? My case was showing issued in less than 2hours
So if u gave all ur documents and ur visa is approved. Please call them. Hope this will help. Gud luck
Mine show Ready and my Visa was approved, when i called them they said in Administrative Processing. Will i get my visa?

TYT
I meant that we do have a party in Oklahoma Christmas n u r invited coz its for DV winners....u don't take beer so u kan take mineral water.

Reactions: tyt
U mean mineral water.... well TYT takes gallons of that.
Hey guys, I have been following the thread on the Oklahoma party. I do not mean to be rude but the honest truth is that this party might never materialize and if it does it might be some time before it happens. Reason no. 1 is because when you all come to the US, you will quickly realize that people do not socialize like they do in Kenya - meeting over a cup of tea or some nyama choma and kadhalika. People get buried with work and tight schedules that the last thing you will be thinking of is how to organize a party. Eventually you might do after you settle down and are no longer "being hosted" by someone but until then, might be a good idea to celebrate while you are in Kenya and you have the time and resources to do so. All in all a party can be arranged but not with the ease that is being discussed hear. Anyone listening?????