• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

L
Naff, is a passport required while filling out the DS260? I have a couple of 2015 selectees who have not yet filled in their forms, and I know for sure that they don't have passports.
Let me know? how do they schedule appointments..by order of case number of by first come first served basis

guys, will KCC notify me through email the moment they have unlocked my D260 form or do i have to keep on checking the CEAC website....

Any one with an idea when the case No 2015AF000004XX will be attending interview.(Nairobi)I have studied the VB but not very certain whether it will be In October or November.I have a family of (wife and 3 kids).I decided the family to follow later.Getting a passport was a nightmare and I don't want to be under financial pressure.Any opinion or advice is most welcome.Am also expecting to receive an invitation to proceed with the VISA processing in 2 weeks time if my prediction goes well.Pray for me as I am sure to be among the first lot to test the new system.

Your CN will be current in Oct and you most likely be be interviewing in Oct.

Can you provide a bit more explanation regarding this statement "I decided the family to follow later"? Is it that you plan on attending the interview in Oct alone while they attend at a later date, or that you plan on interviewing together following which you leave for the US first and they join you later? Without clarifying what you mean, you cannot get any meaningful contribution to your situation IMO!

P.S.
By the way, your thread got merged with an existing thread. There was no point creating a new DV 2015 Kenyan thread when there's another one in existence for that purpose.

And yes your family can follow you later, if you have chosen that option. Just don't let them wait untill late in the fiscal year, because as you know DV 14 and DV 15 are over loaded, so don't geopardize your family chances...
Good luck

No, the official 'follow to join' option does not work like that.

Ok mom :)
Is there a time frame for follow to join?

Yes there is a time frame which is it must happen within the applicable FY. It's not the time frame you gave which is wrong, what is wrong is the interpretation as a whole. People tend to think they can do follow to join by attending the interview first and the rest of their family attend the interview later in the year at the same embassy. That's not what follow to join is about.

The primary aim of follow to join really is for when the main applicant is already in the US and doing AOS while the rest of the family is outside of the US and will process CP following the successful completion of AOS by the main applicant. The other situation that may qualify for this is when the principal applicant is processing CP in one country (due to being based there for work or whatever reason) and the rest of the family process CP from their home country or a different country following the successful processing of the principal applicant.

Yes there is a time frame which is it must happen within the applicable FY. It's not the time frame you gave which is wrong, what is wrong is the interpretation as a whole. People tend to think they can do follow to join by attending the interview first and the rest of their family attend the interview later in the year at the same embassy. That's not what follow to join is about.

The primary aim of follow to join really is for when the main applicant is already in the US and doing AOS while the rest of the family is outside of the US and will process CP following the successful completion of AOS by the main applicant. The other situation that may qualify for this is when the principal applicant is processing CP in one country (due to being based there for work or whatever reason) and the rest of the family process CP from their home country or a different country following the successful processing of the principal applicant.

You Know what !
I always thought the follow to join is an option given to the main applicant, to go first a head with his interview and his departure to the USA for him may be to get up on his feet, organize home,work.... Than his family can join later ''safely''....
Anyway thanks for lightning this point mom. Now its clear

Last edited by a moderator:
Your CN will be current in Oct and you most likely be be interviewing in Oct.

Can you provide a bit more explanation regarding this statement "I decided the family to follow later"? Is it that you plan on attending the interview in Oct alone while they attend at a later date, or that you plan on interviewing together following which you leave for the US first and they join you later? Without clarifying what you mean, you cannot get any meaningful contribution to your situation IMO!

P.S.
By the way, your thread got merged with an existing thread. There was no point creating a new DV 2015 Kenyan thread when there's another one in existence for that purpose.

In my ds260,I indicated that I plan to attend the Interview alone and then call the embassy at a later date to schedule an interview for my family.That is to say I get my VISA.,travel alone and then the family to attend an Interview and join me.I have also written several emails regarding Unlocking the ds260 but the only repyl I get is to wait for an email pertaining the same.Its now over 2 months and still waiting

I disagree with you,Kindly read travel.state.gov under :
Visa Applicant Interview
Prior to your interview, ensure you have followed the U.S. Embassy or Consulate interview preparation instructions. On the scheduled date and time of your interview appointment, go to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. A consular officer will interview you (and accompanying family member beneficiaries) and determine whether or not you can receive an immigrant visa. As part of the interview process, ink-free, digital fingerprint scans will be taken.

Who Must Attend the Interivew?
You, your spouse, and any qualified unmarried children immigrating with you must participate in the interview. If your spouse and/or qualified unmarried children will immigrate at a later date and travel separately from you, they are not required to participate in your interview. They will be scheduled for a separate interview appointment. You should contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate directly to arrange separate interviews, if needed."

You Know what !
I always thought the follow to join is an option given to the main applicant, to go first a head with his interview and his departure to the USA for him may be to get up on his feet, organize home,work.... Than his family can join later ''safely''....
Anyway thanks for lightning this point mom. Now its clear
Visa Applicant Interview
Prior to your interview, ensure you have followed the U.S. Embassy or Consulate interview preparation instructions. On the scheduled date and time of your interview appointment, go to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. A consular officer will interview you (and accompanying family member beneficiaries) and determine whether or not you can receive an immigrant visa. As part of the interview process, ink-free, digital fingerprint scans will be taken.

You, your spouse, and any qualified unmarried children immigrating with you must participate in the interview. If your spouse and/or qualified unmarried children will immigrate at a later date and travel separately from you, they are not required to participate in your interview. They will be scheduled for a separate interview appointment. You should contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate directly to arrange separate interviews, if needed.

Tha
Sure ! You will have your interview in october.
And yes your family can follow you later, if you have chosen that option. Just don't let them wait untill late in the fiscal year, because as you know DV 14 and DV 15 are over loaded, so don't geopardize your family chances...
Good luck
Thank you for confirming that to me.What about UNLOCKING DS260,I have written emails,called but they tell me I wait since they reply according to the queue and its now 2 months since my first email

Tha

Thank you for confirming that to me.What about UNLOCKING DS260,I have written emails,called but they tell me I wait since they reply according to the queue and its now 2 months since my first email
Look som1mom is an expert in DV process, and it seems than the follow to join is only applicable under the Circumstances that she mentioned.
So by now I will not advice you to do the follow to join if you not falling under those Circumstances.
Please go a head and take all your family members to the interview the same dayt as you, and your family will have about six months to join you before visa expires and that must also match with you medicals expiry day as well.
Sorry I was always under the though that the follow to join is given to all, but moms has spoken and she knows the process with no doubts.

Regards

I disagree with you,Kindly read travel.state.gov under :
Visa Applicant Interview

You, your spouse, and any qualified unmarried children immigrating with you must participate in the interview. If your spouse and/or qualified unmarried children will immigrate at a later date and travel separately from you, they are not required to participate in your interview. They will be scheduled for a separate interview appointment. You should contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate directly to arrange separate interviews, if needed."

Okay! Good luck with your interpretation. And please do come back and tell us the outcome of your interview in Oct.

Simon,
I guess by CASE No,That's why they display the VB
i urgue........ If a case number like 2 or 3 or 4 or 10 delays to send her papers, then the available case number is given a priority. So its first come first serve basis but also following the order of case numbers.

By the way, any other selectee thinking of going the same CP "follow to join" route might be interested in reading this for a slight understanding of what you might be setting yourself up for:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/help-needed-for-follow-to-join-process.315455/#post-2303673

Unfortunately, the OP never came back to inform us of her story ended even after promising to do so.
Look som1mom is an expert in DV process, and it seems than the follow to join is only applicable under the Circumstances that she mentioned.
So by now I will not advice you to do the follow to join if you not falling under those Circumstances.
Please go a head and take all your family members to the interview the same dayt as you, and your family will have about six months to join you before visa expires and that must also match with you medicals expiry day as well.
Sorry I was always under the though that the follow to join is given to all, but moms has spoken and she knows the process with no doubts.

Regards
I wrote to the Nairobi US Embassy to clarify to me on the same "follow to join" and this how they replied :
Embassy of the United States of America and this was my question

QUESTION
"Kindly advice whether my family must accompany me for medical & VISA Interview or I will have to book them a separate date for medical / VISA appointment since on my DS 260 I have indicated they will NOT Accompany me but instead will come at later date.

Secondly,as the Principal applicant,should I bring their Travel Passports or any other document and pay their Visa in advance during my Interview or they should themselves bring them and pay during their interview.

REPPLY

United Nations Avenue

Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: 254-20-363-6622

July 21, 2014

Dear Mr. xxxxxx

Thank you for your email.

Please note that a medical examination is required for anyone who wishes to process the visa. Therefore, if your family will process the visa at a later date then they can wait to have the medical examination when they are ready........

Regards

QUESTION
"Kindly advice whether my family must accompany me for medical & VISA Interview or I will have to book them a separate date for medical / VISA appointment since on my DS 260 I have indicated they will NOT Accompany me but instead will come at later date.

Secondly,as the Principal applicant,should I bring their Travel Passports or any other document and pay their Visa in advance during my Interview or they should themselves bring them and pay during their interview.

REPPLY

United Nations Avenue

Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: 254-20-363-6622

July 21, 2014

Dear Mr. xxxxxx

Thank you for your email.

Please note that a medical examination is required for anyone who wishes to process the visa. Therefore, if your family will process the visa at a later date then they can wait to have the medical examination when they are ready........