Refugee Travel Document - updates 2019 onwards

Okay my RTD timeline:
- I am from India and I have a A05 GC.
- applied for RTD Apr 08, 2022.
- fingerprints automatically got applied Apr 08, 2022.
- RTD approved Apr 24, 2023.

I am planning a trip to Saudi Arabia for pilgrimage and then going to stop see family in the UK. Maximum time I plan to be outside is 20-25 days. I plan on getting visas on the RTD for both these destinations. What are the things to keep in mind to ensure smooth re-entry into the US?
Thank you for sharing your timeline this is promising lol I applied in Jun 2022 hopefully I will get my travel document by mid august. I’ve been 3x outside 1st time without GC and they sent me to the secondary but no questions asked there, and other 2 times very smooth :)

Guys, i had applied for asylum in 2016 and still waiting for an interview. It sucks. Is there any way for me to apply for RTD to see my parents since I have not been seeing them for the last 10 years in an another country? Thank you!

Okay my RTD timeline:
- I am from India and I have a A05 GC.
- applied for RTD Apr 08, 2022.
- fingerprints automatically got applied Apr 08, 2022.
- RTD approved Apr 24, 2023.

I am planning a trip to Saudi Arabia for pilgrimage and then going to stop see family in the UK. Maximum time I plan to be outside is 20-25 days. I plan on getting visas on the RTD for both these destinations. What are the things to keep in mind to ensure smooth re-entry into the US?
You got yr GC or need to apply? Per yr timeline, you must be applying for GC Apr 2023...

Hey Guys! Anyone here knows If I can transit in Turkey with my RTD (no GreenCard)? Do I need transit visa? I need to travel to India and be back via Turkey. I will only have few hours layover and not getting out of the Airport. Thanks in advance!

I asked Turkish Airlines and they knew nothing about RTD and deferred me over to Turkey Embassy. I tried calling Embassy several times but they don’t answer the call.
Anyone here has traveled to or via Turkey? Could you please share your experience! Thanks in advance!

Double check with embassy but I travelled 2x with Turkish airlines my final destination was Montenegro and Hungary and I didn’t need visa for transit. If you get out of the airport you would need visa.

Double check with embassy but I travelled 2x with Turkish airlines my final destination was Montenegro and Hungary and I didn’t need visa for transit. If you get out of the airport you would need visa.
Thank you for sharing. Just to confirm you travelled with RTD only, and didn't have the passport, correct?

Hello everyone!

I’ve just received my travel passport, it’s august 2023, but my passport says it’s valid from March 2023 to March 2024! The envelope shows that it’s been sent on august 8th. So it’s either been laying around in uscis for half a year or it’s been issued with a date from the past to meet the deadline of issuance.

The countries I want to go to only accept this doc if it has 6 more month of validity! My parents are in spain and I would need to get a visa in this passport, and I specifically said it in my application form. So basically it’s kinda useless now. Or at the very least it only gives me half of the time to travel for same money and 1.5 years of waiting

What do I do? Can I report it and get it timely redone somehow? Can I do anything about it at all?

Hello everyone!

I’ve just received my travel passport, it’s august 2023, but my passport says it’s valid from March 2023 to March 2024! The envelope shows that it’s been sent on august 8th. So it’s either been laying around in uscis for half a year or it’s been issued with a date from the past to meet the deadline of issuance.

The countries I want to go to only accept this doc if it has 6 more month of validity! My parents are in spain and I would need to get a visa in this passport, and I specifically said it in my application form. So basically it’s kinda useless now. Or at the very least it only gives me half of the time to travel for same money and 1.5 years of waiting

What do I do? Can I report it and get it timely redone somehow? Can I do anything about it at all?
Omg that’s crazy ! When did you apply? I applied in jun 2022 still nothing :( I would schedule infopass and complain. I was thinking to go there and ask can I renew and travel with my passport since this is crazy waiting time I understand they are backed up but this is too much

Hi guys!
Does anybody know if asylees can get Reentry Permit instead of a Refugee Travel Document?
I'm pretty sure that you can if you have the green card (I currently have the GC and have applied for Reentry Permit this time back in January 2023, still waiting though).

Hi all,

I need some information regarding RTD application.
So I filed my I-485 last month (August) without the RTD application.
Is there anyway I can still apply for the RTD and have the fee waived?
If so, anybody knows how to correctly do so?

Hi all,

I need some information regarding RTD application.
So I filed my I-485 last month (August) without the RTD application.
Is there anyway I can still apply for the RTD and have the fee waived?
If so, anybody knows how to correctly do so?
Yes I think you can still file for it. Just attached to it you I-485 receipt notice

Omg that’s crazy ! When did you apply? I applied in jun 2022 still nothing :( I would schedule infopass and complain. I was thinking to go there and ask can I renew and travel with my passport since this is crazy waiting time I understand they are backed up but this is too much
I applied in March 2022…