• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2009: Who got rejected in the interview !!

In may 2008 my mom received notice that she has won the DV 2009. We filled the application for the immigrant visa and sent it back.
KCC scheduled the interview for August 17 2009 and she got there on time... They had her pay all the visa fees for herself and my youngest brother who was under 21 when she played. After she had paid the money, someone told her that her application was denied because when she initially played, she did not list all her children. She only did so after she had been notified that she has won. We are not sure if we did not list all her children initially, but we feel that we have been cheated and my mom is devastated. These poeple had more than 6 months to notify us that there was something wrong with the application, but they still scheduled the interview and robbed us some serious money... almost 3000 dollars in total we have lost in the whole process. Just wanted to share this.. I'm still pretty pissed and I don't know how to even begin to fight this, other than claim that the application should have been disqualified when KCC noticed a discrepancy on the application.... $3000 is too heavy of a price to pay for such a mistake...

It sounds very unfair to charge your mother money for 2 person's if they already knew they would be denied. As far as I know you have to pay before you get the interview and you can still be denied, but I didn't expect anybody to be denied for the reason's you stated...or the info only surfaced at the interview...

i met 3 guys denied by the US Embassy in Sri lanka, Reason is No high School Diploma.Lot People think if they dont have highschool Diploma and if they can get an employer letter saying they work for 2 or more years, they think thats enough to get the visa.

in many countries there are people who help to prepare online green card entry(for money) tell us 2 year work experience is enough if you dont have highschool diploma.they never talk about this http://online.onetcenter.org/ so people believe them & apply, even in some online sites say the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
i met 3 guys denied by the US Embassy in Sri lanka, Reason is No high School Diploma.Lot People think if they dont have highschool Diploma and if they can get an employer letter saying they work for 2 or more years, they think thats enough to get the visa.

in many countries there are people who help to prepare online green card entry(for money) tell us 2 year work experience is enough if you dont have highschool diploma.they never talk about this http://online.onetcenter.org/ so people believe them & apply, even in some online sites say the same thing.

The DV lotery is clearly stating that either a High School diploma or 3 out of 5 yrs working in a job on the approved list makes you eligible.

When I filled my DSP forms, I wrote N/A on where they required an adress of where I will want to live if I get to US, and N/A also on where I want my greencard mailed. Reasons was because I wasn't sure of a US sponsor then. Do anyone have an Idea if this could be a problem...

Thanks
ORJI.

When I filled my DSP forms, I wrote N/A on where they required an adress of where I will want to live if I get to US, and N/A also on where I want my greencard mailed. Reasons was because I wasn't sure of a US sponsor then. Do anyone have an Idea if this could be a problem...

Thanks
ORJI.

Not a problem at all, i also did the same thing.When u give your sponsor letter they mailed the green card to sponsor's address.
good luck

Today I recieved a mail from the us embassy saying that I could be disqualified from the DV2010 ,Reason: I made a mistake in my application. Country of chargebility was different from the entry application I made,
What are my chances of getting a visa if I explain during the interview that I made an obvious mistake and wrote the wrong country?

Today I recieved a mail from the us embassy saying that I could be disqualified from the DV2010 ,Reason: I made a mistake in my application. Country of chargebility was different from the entry application I made,
What are my chances of getting a visa if I explain during the interview that I made an obvious mistake and wrote the wrong country?

How can you write the wrong country? do you live in another country than where you were born, do you have proof of a birth cerificate? What is your case # and region?

born in africa, emigrated to sweden [...] wrote the swedish country as F.s chargebility
As a few other members correctly pointed out, place of residence is irrelevant for DV lottery. In most cases you have to write your country of birth. Since you are single, and none of your parents are born in Sweden, you cannot claim EU as your region. Therefore, the embassy will have to deny your case as per the rules.

As a few other members correctly pointed out, place of residence is irrelevant for DV lottery. In most cases you have to write your country of birth. Since you are single, and none of your parents are born in Sweden, you cannot claim EU as your region. Therefore, the embassy will have to deny your case as per the rules.
Thanks for the important information I found here.
my case is similar to the above mentioned story regarding the chargeability, I was born in Oman when my mother in short visit to her sister. So in the initial application I claim my parents nationality SUDAN. now I won the lottery 2017 with AF case number. what is my chance to pass the interview.

Thanks for the important information I found here.
my case is similar to the above mentioned story regarding the chargeability, I was born in Oman when my mother in short visit to her sister. So in the initial application I claim my parents nationality SUDAN. now I won the lottery 2017 with AF case number. what is my chance to pass the interview.

Unfortunately under the rules you will almost certainly be denied, unless uou have a spouse from Oman you can cross charge to. Possibly if you can prove your mother was there temporarily. If born in Oman you should have an AS number to remain eligible.

Unfortunately under the rules you will almost certainly be denied, unless uou have a spouse from Oman you can cross charge to. Possibly if you can prove your mother was there temporarily. If born in Oman you should have an AS number to remain eligible.

You mean if the OP has a spouse born in SUDAN, not Oman.

thanks for your reply,
I can prove that may mother was in short visit.

thanks for your reply,
I can prove that may mother was in short visit.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and hoping you don't get disqualified. Cross charging to parents' country of birth typically is for situations where one's country of birth is ineligible - if the person in such a situation is able to prove the parent's visit at the time of birth was a short one, they should be okay.

In your case however, your country of birth is eligible. So the CO will have to decide if you gained any unfair advantage by cross charging when your country of birth is eligible.

You mean if the OP has a spouse born in SUDAN, not Oman.

Sorry, yes.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and hoping you don't get disqualified. Cross charging to parents' country of birth typically is for situations where one's country of birth is ineligible - if the person in such a situation is able to prove the parent's visit at the time of birth was a short one, they should be okay.

In your case however, your country of birth is eligible. So the CO will have to decide if you gained any unfair advantage by cross charging when your country of birth is eligible.

This is true too.

I'm not sure I agree. If he proves he was eligible to cross charge via his parents, then the "unfair advantage" doesn't matter. Unfair advantage is only an issue when the CO is deciding whether to overlook a country to country mistake within the region.

I'm not sure I agree. If he proves he was eligible to cross charge via his parents, then the "unfair advantage" doesn't matter. Unfair advantage is only an issue when the CO is deciding whether to overlook a country to country mistake within the region.

You mean an unfair advantage isn't taken into consideration in region to region cross charging also?

You mean an unfair advantage isn't taken into consideration in region to region cross charging also?

That is my understanding - because it isn't "unfair" if the cross charging is accepted as "correct".

It is similar to the recent clarification they made on elective cross charging for choosing the country of a spouse - and the only place the 9 FAM, notes mention the unfair advantage is when there is an error in the country of changeability.

That is my understanding - because it isn't "unfair" if the cross charging is accepted as "correct".

It is similar to the recent clarification they made on elective cross charging for choosing the country of a spouse - and the only place the 9 FAM, notes mention the unfair advantage is when there is an error in the country of changeability.

It's fair to say though that there is some 'error' with the country of chargeability in this case too though. It's not like the OP intentionally cross charged to the parents' country of birth.

Anyway, like I already noted above, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the OP and hoping he doesn't get disqualified.

It's fair to say though that there is some 'error' with the country of chargeability in this case too though. It's not like the OP intentionally cross charged to the parents' country of birth.

Anyway, like I already noted above, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the OP and hoping he doesn't get disqualified.

His best approach is not to describe the choice of country as "an error" at all. But yeah - his biggest issue is avoiding disqualification.