• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2009: Who got rejected in the interview !!

gemie4us

Registered Users (C)
All the DV-2009 selectees who were denied green card in the interview or due to other reasons please post your experiences here.

All the DV-2009 selectees who were denied green card in the interview or due to other reasons please post your experiences here.

yess i agee with you, so that others can corret they mistae's, when they are about to go 4 intervew......

Most people when they are denied will be either so dissapointed or will not tell the truth why they were denied...so i guess there isn't much to learn from that. I have been in Europe at the embassy and a woman was denied her visa. Since the woman was standing at the window for her interview the whole room could over hear her answers. She was upset that they were asking for more proof and she didn't have the requested papers to even have the proof that was asked for. She was in tears and left crying...but we were thinking that the embassy did their job!:)

Most people when they are denied will be either so dissapointed or will not tell the truth why they were denied...so i guess there isn't much to learn from that. I have been in Europe at the embassy and a woman was denied her visa. Since the woman was standing at the window for her interview the whole room could over hear her answers. She was upset that they were asking for more proof and she didn't have the requested papers to even have the proof that was asked for. She was in tears and left crying...but we were thinking that the embassy did their job!:)

is very,very BAD habit, is goood to shere ideas to gether or helping each other..

Hmm why is it a bad habit? I think each to their own, if he/she wont share their experiences on why they got rejected, it's their business. There's nothing wrong with sharing ideas, but sometimes it's too personal for some individuals.

We are not forcing anyone, but if someone is willing he/she is free to do so and we appreciate the persons desire to help others.

well I got a visa denial at first (a blue piece of paper) under section 221 (g) I think. That was because I didn't have all the documents they needed. The consul told me that I could get the visa if I could surpass the denial reason until September 30th. And that was what I did! :)

well I got a visa denial at first (a blue piece of paper) under section 221 (g) I think. That was because I didn't have all the documents they needed. The consul told me that I could get the visa if I could surpass the denial reason until September 30th. And that was what I did! :)

dat'z good ideas any one els??????

You can bet, that nobody will return to here after a DV denial.

Exactly...Have you ever watched cops, speeders or any other program like these? If you have you must have noticed how people who have done something wrong never tell the truth until the proof is so much against what they said...I guess it must be the same with the Visa interviews...some people can't come up with legal proof so they get denied or have something they tried to hide in their background and USCIS has excess to almost every record.

Being denied a visa and sharing your experience on some anonymous message board is not even remotely the same as being confronted on national TV about your reckless driving behavior with a camera in your face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides, being denied a visa does not automatically mean you purposefully did something wrong, while reckless driving is wrong any way you look at it. I don't mean to tell you off, but I think you better wait until you pass your own interview with making assumptions about other people's denial of a visa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides, being denied a visa does not automatically mean you purposefully did something wrong, while reckless driving is wrong any way you look at it. I don't mean to tell you off, but I think you better wait until you pass your own interview with making assumptions about other people's denial of a visa.

I'm not waiting for an interview, but i have been at the Dutch embassy and witnessed a interview that had a denial as a result...the lady was crying but to the people sitting there and which we spoke with it was so clear was she was denied....the story didn't add up and than she was told to get her proof...which she probable can't get. Her tears and they way she was upset was for some people who just walked into the room, very upsetting since they got scared about their own interview, but being there from the start, was a different story. I'm in the USA for yrs and have spoken with many people who got their green card denied due to many reasons but they are already in the country legally and weren't denied a visa, so that is a totally different story. Also there have been a few stories that reached the news paper about visa denials since the people involved were so called "celebraties" and couldn't get into the country. One was denied since he had killed a person in a car accident and he had some alcohol in his system and never went to prison but had done some community service, which was enough to be send back on the first plane after arrival in the USA with his soccer team. The other was a tv celebraty who had given birth over 30 yrs ago and given the kid up for adoption. She had lived in the USA at the time of birth and moved later to Europe. She went back to visit and find her son and the reunited...she was so happy and over stayed her visa and was denied access to the USA after that and was busy to see how fast she could get back and was trying to get a green card based on the family relationship, but so far unsuccesful...

I just want to say that most likely if the story isn't about one paper missing , which can be provided later, which also does cause a green card denial but it will take longer until the proof is provided, the denials have to be because something serious is wrong.

Bentlebee, you're talking out of your *ss, sorry to say so. A visa can be anything, ranging from a tourist visa to a green card. That's why they are called immigrant and non-immigrant visa. If these people you're talking about were denied a green card, they were denied an immigrant visa and most likely you are speaking of people who applied for cards under a different program than the lottery.

DV visa denied....

In may 2008 my mom received notice that she has won the DV 2009. We filled the application for the immigrant visa and sent it back.
KCC scheduled the interview for August 17 2009 and she got there on time... They had her pay all the visa fees for herself and my youngest brother who was under 21 when she played. After she had paid the money, someone told her that her application was denied because when she initially played, she did not list all her children. She only did so after she had been notified that she has won. We are not sure if we did not list all her children initially, but we feel that we have been cheated and my mom is devastated. These poeple had more than 6 months to notify us that there was something wrong with the application, but they still scheduled the interview and robbed us some serious money... almost 3000 dollars in total we have lost in the whole process. Just wanted to share this.. I'm still pretty pissed and I don't know how to even begin to fight this, other than claim that the application should have been disqualified when KCC noticed a discrepancy on the application.... $3000 is too heavy of a price to pay for such a mistake...

Bentlebee, you're talking out of your *ss, sorry to say so. A visa can be anything, ranging from a tourist visa to a green card. That's why they are called immigrant and non-immigrant visa. If these people you're talking about were denied a green card, they were denied an immigrant visa and most likely you are speaking of people who applied for cards under a different program than the lottery.

Well you use "nice" language!
I do know what I talk about and for a tourist visa nobody has to go to the embassy in our country you just book a flight and will be allowed to enter the USA for 3 months! I don't know what type of visa she applied for but me and all other overheard the interview at the window and it was very clear her papers were not complete and very unclear. She was told to come back when she had all papers complete, but the way she reacted was clearly stating that she couldn't get her papers together.
Some others were also send away but the rescheduled to bring the paperwork they had forgotten...which isn't a nice thing if you have to travel for hours, but people know what to bring and if you forget it stinks, but you have no one to blame than your self!

Btw we all know how many people have sob stories for everything in life and how always others are to blame.