• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

POE HNL - updating address details on yellow envelope:

Despite my wanting to write a note on the cover sheet of the yellow envelopes to update our contact address in mainland USA, ahead of time to be organized, or maybe type up a note and staple it to them, I resisted the urge. When the officer asked my wife PA about the currency of the details on the summary page, she noted her sister had moved, and we handed over a mobile phone / phablet with all the info on it, and the officer was quite appreciative of that as he could read it off, rather than listening to our aussie accents. They typed the changes into their data base on the spot, as we stood by - did that for all 4 of us - very quick. So do not worry if you have to do the same - it was no problem.

The USCIS website is back, I check for our status aswell :)

Just a question, I wanted to book my connecting flight from Los Angeles.. how long does it take in the immigration process for us Greencarders? the sealed envelope process and all. We're a family of three, wife, son and I.

Anyone?

@EmilyW

Just a question, I wanted to book my connecting flight from Los Angeles.. how long does it take in the immigration process for us Greencarders? the sealed envelope process and all. We're a family of three, wife, son and I.

Anyone?

@EmilyW

Allow at least 3 hours between connections - 4 is better. LA is a big airport. Can take a while to get around in the airport and immigration lines can be long.

I'd agree with the advice above. We had a two hour space between our arrival and connecting flight (both with Qantas). By the time we got through immigration, we had 15 minutes before our connecting flight was due to leave. Thankfully, they were holding the plane for us but it did mean a run (as in a literal sprint), going through security again before getting to our plane.

I'd agree with the advice above. We had a two hour space between our arrival and connecting flight (both with Qantas). By the time we got through immigration, we had 15 minutes before our connecting flight was due to leave. Thankfully, they were holding the plane for us but it did mean a run (as in a literal sprint), going through security again before getting to our plane.

...and if the connecting flight is not booked all through on one ticket with the same airline (or a partner) there is no way the flight will be held for you, as you still need to check in and check bags after getting through immigration and customs.

I agree with britsimon, 4 hours. Rather risk an extra hour surfing on free airport wifi than all the cost and hassles associated with missing a flight.

Yep @SusieQQQ.

Next time, we're allowing sufficient time. The rush meant we couldn't enjoy those first moments of being lawful permanent residents. We didn't even have time for a toilet stop before jumping on the next plane.

Anyone?

@EmilyW

LAX is an embarrassment. Worst major airport in the world. Asians' first impressions of the USA must be so negative when comparing with their shiny well organised airports.

Anyway, do you need to change terminals? If so allocate alot of time as you need to exit security, exit the terminal, stand on tiny traffic island waiting for the transfer bus (good luck finding it), get to new terminal, go through security again. Security is often one scanner with a hundred people lined up.

LAX is an embarrassment. Worst major airport in the world. Asians' first impressions of the USA must be so negative when comparing with their shiny well organised airports.

Anyway, do you need to change terminals? If so allocate alot of time as you need to exit security, exit the terminal, stand on tiny traffic island waiting for the transfer bus (good luck finding it), get to new terminal, go through security again. Security is often one scanner with a hundred people lined up.

Really - try Miami airport.

Hi All,

Just seek your help to who ever have had their USCIS ELIS account locked. I was trying to login like 5 minutes ago - I copy and paste the password, however it gave an error saying that the account is locked due to too many unsuccessful login. What do I do? I've contacted USCIS, is there another way around it? now when I login it says Incorrect email/Password.. SO I didnt dare go ahead and click Forgot Password.. Im a web guy but THIS I do not wana mess with.

@EmilyW Any ideas ma'am?

Oh, and I booked my ticket, my connecting flight from LAX - OAK is at 5:50PM.. I land in LAX at 1:25PM..