• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Can some successful interviewees can help with a couple of questions about photos?
  • Anzac Square medical in Brisbane told me to bring "6 Australian size passport photos". Is that an error, did they mean American?
  • Also the email from the consulate says to bring one US sized passport photo, however the Sydney DV Instructions say to bring two photos?
Gracias

What's VOE?
VOE - visa on entry - just the stamp
Can some successful interviewees can help with a couple of questions about photos?
  • Anzac Square medical in Brisbane told me to bring "6 Australian size passport photos". Is that an error, did they mean American?
  • Also the email from the consulate says to bring one US sized passport photo, however the Sydney DV Instructions say to bring two photos?
Gracias
from memory the Aussie ones - smaller different shape to us ones - are put on various medical test result forms while the larger US ones are for the consulate docs specifically - got a feeling that my youngest daughter did not use all her 6 photos as younger kids get some exemptions.

@SusieQQQ Hi Susie and thanks for your clarification, and also @Sm1smom ... yes we are both international company directors / CEOs - perhaps because we are also (business) partners as well as (family) partners they were just making sure we we not 2-buck shelf scam companies??? But that is why we also brought a stack of stuff from our accountants, including our USA one. @reeko was there at the same time - hope he can justify we donned the suit and tie, and my wife was in her black corporate power outfit, and even the kids managed to half dress ok, so maybe they were following the rule books for us. All good anyway. I like that word ECLECTIC - it actually is a great word for a mix of DV potential Aussies at the interview time. Well described. :)

Hey @martinskypemartin , so glad to hear you guys got through! I was waiting to get called up myself and saw you and the fam being put through your paces. I was gunning for you, well done for getting over the line!

6 weeks in NYC and just got word the Greencard was posted out to me today. Man I love this country!

VOE - visa on entry - just the stamp

from memory the Aussie ones - smaller different shape to us ones - are put on various medical test result forms while the larger US ones are for the consulate docs specifically - got a feeling that my youngest daughter did not use all her 6 photos as younger kids get some exemptions.

Dumb question of the day - do the photos need to be pre-cut or are they ok in a grid the way you get them?

What is the cut off for someone wanting to apply for the draw in 2016 ? I have a mate who is looking at applying for the DV program ( I wasn't sure as in my case I had even forgotten to check the result)
Appreciate the help
Btw any DV winners moving to Houston?

What is the cut off for someone wanting to apply for the draw in 2016 ? I have a mate who is looking at applying for the DV program ( I wasn't sure as in my case I had even forgotten to check the result)
Appreciate the help

Do you mean they want to enter the upcoming DV lottery? It usually opens the beginning of October, but the exact dates haven't been announced yet. Or do you mean they were selected for DV2016 and now need to submit their DS260?

Appreciate the help

DV-2017 entry opens in October.

Do you mean they want to enter the upcoming DV lottery? It usually opens the beginning of October, but the exact dates haven't been announced yet. Or do you mean they were selected for DV2016 and now need to submit their DS260?
Sorry I meant enter the upcoming lottery

Hi guys, just wanted to ask if you think I need to take a copy of my university certificate or is the transcript enough? Cheers!

Either will do. But don't include it within your primary documents. They don't care about the university degree for the most part. The minimum requirement is the high school diploma.

We brought both but kept the degree separate from the primary documents (as per the Sydney checklist) and only produced it when asked.

This topic was barely touched already and I am not trying to get a free advice, rather to calm myself that I stay on the safe side... we activate our visas in Nov and planning to move during March'16. For Nov and Dec I would have an income in Australia with no taxes on it. I see that in the US-AU tax agreement that generally this income would be taxed in AU, hence I would declare it in my AU tax return after mid-2016. In the US IRS tax return that I need to file until April-15 2016, would this income be treated as tax exempt? (I will of course see tax professional in US when time comes)

Today is my medical but you need photos for that too. I'm getting all my photos done today - 6 x Aussie and 2 x USA sized.

My interview is in 14 dayyysssss
For the photos, I will give you a tip go to office works and ask for the green card photo and they will issue it for you with a very good quality and also get the other 6 photos from there too if u still have time. $12 only, I done'em in the weekend for the whole family :)

Has anyone heard from @Deb7a ?
Hope everything in Colorado is going well. Update please :)
Hey, I'm here. Still alive and kicking. Just got back from a week down on South Padre Island, Texas, on the Gulf of Mexico. Was delightful after 4 months in the hot desert. I witnessed a dead body (bullet wound to the head around the corner from my place) and then got fired from my job, so I desperately needed to get away. Now I have to knuckle down and search for a job since I am officially unemployed thanks to a hypocritical, money hungry boss. Good thing about that is I can leave Pueblo for a more pleasant part of the State. Or even go to another state.
A word of advice for those looking for a credit rating. When I went to buy a car, the dealer applied to a dozen or more lenders to try to secure me a loan. I didn't have any idea of how many he contacted, and none of them were successful. I managed to secure a loan independently. The problem with that is these are called hard inquiries and reflect badly on your credit score, makes you look desperate, and they stay on your credit record for 2 years. After 4 months here and steady payments I still rate very poorly. They suggest no more than one or two per year. I had been applying for store credit in all the stores as well just trying to get the opportunity to raise my rating. So just watch that. Its a difficult thing to do quickly that's for sure.
Congratulations to everyone who made it into the 1490 and commiserations to those who missed out. I tell you I am hangin for a big 2015 OCer's get together. I hope it eventuates. Good luck to those with interviews pending. If you have your paperwork then you're in, so don't stress.

I witnessed a dead body (bullet wound to the head around the corner from my place) and then got fired from my job, so I desperately needed to get away.

:eek::eek::eek:

what a horrible start!! Ugh. Glad you've had a good vacation at least and maintain your positive outlook!
Any ideas on where you might head next?