• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

I think that, the visa validity has nothing to do with the fiscal year, you can travel anytime within the validity date which might go beyond the fiscal year. USA14 can confirm for us whether his visa 6months validity starts from the date of issue not the date of medicals. Maybe there is a change of style :).
The 6 months visa validity period starts from the date of medicals NOT the date of visa issuance. My visa was issued on 19th Feb, a day after my interview and expires on 27th Jul- that's roughly, 5 months. My medicals was on 29th Jan- that's 6 months.

The 6 months visa validity period starts from the date of medicals NOT the date of visa issuance. My visa was issued on 19th Feb, a day after my interview and expires on 27th Jul- that's roughly, 5 months. My medicals was on 29th Jan- that's 6 months.
but mine expires 6 months from the of issue. 23rd april to 22nd October 2015.

Hi frendz, l want a help for my guy. He entered the lottery with a surname HILTON but on his ds260 he mistakingly typed HIITON. Can this affect him on the day of his interview?

Hi frendz, l want a help for my guy. He entered the lottery with a surname HILTON but on his ds260 he mistakingly typed HIITON. Can this affect him on the day of his interview?

Assuming Hilton is his correct surname no, but he must unlock and correct the DS260.

Good morning Comrades,
Does anyone have an idea where I can get a cheaper air ticket in accra? I think I read a post somewhere about IOM. Pls give me an idea.

but mine expires 6 months from the of issue. 23rd april to 22nd October 2015.
Perhaps your case was circumstancial, in that, the embassy wanted to compensate you for the delay caused by the printing challenge or things might have changed a lil bit- I doubt the latter. I received my visa with others and it was all 5 months. We all had our medicals in Jan- but fair enough.

I think the name field was pre-typed if my memory serves me right.

If the name was pretyped (autofilled) then it must have come from the EDV and the case suggested is impossible, as he said it differed from the entry...? But he said his friend typed the mistake?

hello guys, am from kenya..i need your advice..during my e-dv entry, i mistakenly interchanged my middle name with my last name bt on ds 260 i wrote the names in the correct order..all the names are mine and appear in my passport and birth certificate bt the problem is on e-dv entry..can this lead to Visa denial? your advices pliz..thnx in advance
just got his VISA APPROVED. thanks to God

Last edited:
A new friend I met today has a very big challenge which is he played the lottery with one of the agents in town and he was called 2days ago that he has won and he was excited but to his surprise the agents wants him to pay $5000 so they can help fix everything for him. "As if they were the people going to give him the visa" hahahahaha!
Now he is confused and broke the news to me today and quickly I took him to a cafe to see if we can get the confirmation number trying to say the applicant forgot the confirmation number on the ESC page but it didn't work because the email address used wasn't his.
Please moderators and friends here is there anyway out?

You can call IOM on 0302784763 or 0244335856. I suggest you talk to them because it's better as compared with others.
You can also call turkish airline 0547753451 and compare prices
My man how u doing? You've been in hibernation for a while now preparing for the big day ha! Wish u well bro..

i dont want to think that if you change the Auto fill to suit the correct arrangement of a two full name format in the DV260 page, the CO may ask to find out why the changes.