• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 KENYAN SELECTEES FORUM

I encourage you to keep checking until you get a confirmation of your status,USDOS confirmed that there was a glitch in notifying winners and about half of those who had STO msg were impending winners! Please try you could be a winner! God bless.

Maybe it wasn't random and they purposely excluded Kenyans from the selection process? :rolleyes: Is that what you're saying?
He was joking i guess...cz the computer can't know who is kenyan or not kenyan...vry random process...take it easy.

He was joking i guess...cz the computer can't know who is kenyan or not kenyan...vry random process...take it easy.

Take what easy? What was harsh in asking someone to clarify a post that you felt a need to jump to their defense and request for me to take it easy? For sheeezz!!

Maybe it wasn't random and they purposely excluded Kenyans from the selection process? :rolleyes: Is that what you're saying?

Well , there is a rumor that some countries were excluded from the selection process.. not purposely of course!
I don't trust "random rumors" so I'm trying to understand the situation better...

Take what easy? What was harsh in asking someone to clarify a post that you felt a need to jump to their defense and request for me to take it easy? For sheeezz!!
ok..am sorry...and i didn't defend anything i jst ask if there is any selectee is that defending?? and by saying take it easy it did not mean u were angry.

@dougkaich, just another speculation due to 84000 selectees this year. Last year and the other the numbers have been higher 100k and above. A redraw could be as a result of 50k visa not being achieved. Were you selected? Where are you from?
kenya....i was selected in DV2014 buh i didnt make the cut-off number

Well , there is a rumor that some countries were excluded from the selection process.. not purposely of course!
I don't trust "random rumors" so I'm trying to understand the situation better...

Yes there are countries that are not eligible to take part in the DV process, those countries are clearly listed on the DV instruction page. That however does not mean the selection process wasn't randomly carried out from among the qualifying countries. Selected Kenyans will eventually show up in this forum, it's simply a matter of time.

ok..am sorry...and i didn't defend anything i jst ask if there is any selectee is that defending?? and by saying take it easy it did not mean u were angry.

By responding to the post and saying the OP was joking (which has turned out to not be the case) and asking me to "take it easy" as if I was attacking the OP is clearly a case of you jumping to the OP's defense. Anyway, apology accepted.

Yes there are countries that are not eligible to take part in the DV process, those countries are clearly listed on the DV instruction page. That however does not mean the selection process wasn't randomly carried out from among the qualifying countries. Selected Kenyans will eventually show up in this forum, it's simply a matter of time.

I hope that you are right! A mistake of that proportion would be catastrophic for the selected ones..
I will keep looking around for the other countries too.