• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CEAC data update

Britsimon , are we on a ceac diet?
You have spoiled us by extracting the data 4 times a month previously.

The government threw a spanner in the works. The website is refusing to yield information to the old script so I am trying to fix it and also develop a new script. The new script mimics web interactions more closely, so is slow as molasses - but I'll hopefully get it faster. Until then - yes a bit of a CEAC diet. 4 times a month was quite a lot - my main thing is to provide the month end and capture the 2NLs.

The government threw a spanner in the works. The website is refusing to yield information to the old script so I am trying to fix it and also develop a new script. The new script mimics web interactions more closely, so is slow as molasses - but I'll hopefully get it faster. Until then - yes a bit of a CEAC diet. 4 times a month was quite a lot - my main thing is to provide the month end and capture the 2NLs.

Good thing you're no longer on H1B, as it doesn't sound like you have any time left for work after all the DV stuff you do ;)

Good thing you're no longer on H1B, as it doesn't sound like you have any time left for work after all the DV stuff you do ;)

You're not kidding. Luckily the scraper program is a type of scripting that I can conceivably use at work - so I have justified my time over the last week as "self training". Rafikbo has also looked at the old script and may get a chance to fix it....

Once a month is ceac fasting, should be good for health.
But seriously, we owe you big time for all that you do.

Simon: in your quasi-professional opinion, would you say this year's response rate is higher, lower or the same as last year's? I have a sneaking suspicion that it's quite a bit higher. This year we've had 307 visas issued in OC as of April 1. Last year we'd had 265 visas issued by April 2.

That could explain our sluggish VB pace, despite the considerably higher quota for this year.

Simon: in your quasi-professional opinion, would you say this year's response rate is higher, lower or the same as last year's? I have a sneaking suspicion that it's quite a bit higher. This year we've had 307 visas issued in OC as of April 1. Last year we'd had 265 visas issued by April 2.

That could explain our sluggish VB pace, despite the considerably higher quota for this year.

OC is too small to be statistically revealing. 265 vs 307 is pretty small in terms of a few larger families. Last month I published the OC response rate and it was showing 40%. That seems low. I haven't checked against last year but I'd be surprised if it was lower than that, and of course the 40% is still maturing anyway due to the backlog so it is more or less certain that the response rate should show lower (even if it weren't).

I would also imagine the increased information available through this forum and other "recent" sources is having an affect. Mom and Susie were 2013 cases (I believe), I was 2014. I remember when I joined Mom and Susie were already in full swing helping people, and there were some others who have since "retired", but there was a lot more gray area/unknown (or perhaps forgotten) stuff at that time. Better information will mean more people will be responding, more getting approved and so on. Even in our OC thread, there have been a couple of cases that could easily been refusals had they not have been fully prepared. So - we are making a difference and helping low cases, but probably to the detriment of some higher cases....

I badly need to know the exact date or at least week of interview 2015AF328XX from Sudan interview in Cairo Egypt .
ds-260 unlocked and locked back on 20DEC2014
thanx in advance

Last edited:
AHH Question? How do they work out 7% of each country of 50k?
Just means each country limit is 3500 visas, technically (some have gone a bit over in the past as they can actually work on 55k visas total).

In addition to 55k visa Susie mentioned, they can go over the the 3500 visa limit on 50k alone.
For that to happen, (3) of Sec. 202. [8 U.S.C. 1152] needs to apply (see below)
104XX from ROA.....

And it's really amazing to see visa beyond 3500 for a single country. I have long believed 7% is the max.

It seems even (3) below won't apply since it says "the total number of visas available under both subsections (a) and (b) of section 203 for a calendar quarter exceeds the number of qualified immigrants "

Unless...they are claiming under a different program....Nicaraguan and Central American Relief Act (NACARA)

Anyway, here's the law :http://www.uscis.gov/iframe/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/act.html

Sec. 202. [8 U.S.C. 1152]

(a) Per Country Level. -

(B) 1/ Nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to limit the authority of the Secretary of State to determine the procedures for the processing of immigrant visa applications or the locations where such applications will be processed.

(2) Per country levels for family-sponsored and employment-based immigrants. - Subject to 1a/ paragraphs (3), (4), and (5) the total number of immigrant visas made available to natives of any single foreign state or dependent area under subsections (a) and (b) of section 203 in any fiscal year may not exceed 7 percent (in the case of a single foreign state) or 2 percent (in the case of a dependent area) of the total number of such visas made available under such subsections in that fiscal year.

(3) Exception if additional visas available. - If because of the application of paragraph (2) with respect to one or more foreign states or dependent areas, the total number of visas available under both subsections (a) and (b) of section 203 for a calendar quarter exceeds the number of qualified immigrants who otherwise may be issued such a visa, paragraph (2) shall not apply to visas made available to such states or areas during the remainder of such calendar quarter.

Last edited:
I badly need to know the exact date or at least week of interview 2015AF328XX from Sudan interview in Cairo Egypt .
ds-260 unlocked and locked back on 20DEC2014
thanx in advance

KCC is the only one that can tell you "the exact date or at least week of interview". No one here can.

KCC is the only one that can tell you "the exact date or at least week of interview". No one here can.
Dear mom first of all I would like to express that I appreciate and admire the great job you are doing here ,susie & pritsimon and the others.
back to the subject I already wrote to KCC but their reply was (Your case number is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email).
I need to know before that , critical arrangements , I will be grateful if you can do something approximate.
thanx for the reply and the expected one.

Dear mom first of all I would like to express that I appreciate and admire the great job you are doing here ,susie & pritsimon and the others.
back to the subject I already wrote to KCC but their reply was (Your case number is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email).
I need to know before that , critical arrangements , I will be grateful if you can do something approximate.

Again, no one here can give you the information you're seeking, only KCC can and you'll just have to wait for the 2NL from them which will let you know precisely when your interview will be taking place, just like they told you in their email response. The next batch of 2NL can come out anytime between today and the next one week or two.

p.s. Thank you for appreciating the work that everyone is doing in this forum to help others succeed in this DV journey.

Even when you know you are current, your CN will only tell you the month of interview until you get your offivial notice. Within a month the interviews are not in case number order. So the most you can get from anyone here, is June.

If it is really important to you, you can call KCC. They might have scheduled your June interview already and they will sometimes tell people the date over the phone - although not always. You might need to call several times for that to work. When you get through press ZERO to bypass the recorded messages.

Mind you - the 2NL itself will be out in a week from now.