• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CEAC data update

Thanks for the update Simon. Still no update on AOS cases I presume, right?

Correct - we see the AoS case numbers in the data - but I don't think we will ever see any updates on those cases in CEAC. THey will just remain "at NVC"

thanks@Britsimon for the lovely work you doing for us. from the data i can see that there are less visas issue in Ghana. is this the same last year, i mean it is a normal trend?

No, Accra is strangely quiet. I think it means they are not updating Ceac' but also the DS260 backlog means cases have not been interviewed yet even though they are current.

Does anyone with a CN 2015EU44XXX stand a chance (if we see current in the summer) having in mind they filed their DS in October 2014? What do you think? Thank in advance!

Does anyone with a CN 2015EU44XXX stand a chance (if we see current in the summer) having in mind they filed their DS in October 2014? What do you think? Thank in advance!

That depends on the DS260 fiasco.

If the DS260 fiasco causes enough people to lose their chance (explained below), then maybe. Otherwise, if things work on a normal basis, then no. The numbers appear to end at 45006 so your case in the last few cases in a long line.

Now who could lose out through the DS260 fiasco. Basically people that submit their DS260 forms from March onwards are gambling because their forms might not be processed before the defacto deadline which is around July 1 - and there will be some that don't read these forums that will not be aware of the DS260 situation. If enough people are in that group, then the case numbers will rise slightly and it might be enough of an increase to get EU current or close to current. It's a "long shot" though.

That depends on the DS260 fiasco.

If the DS260 fiasco causes enough people to lose their chance (explained below), then maybe. Otherwise, if things work on a normal basis, then no. The numbers appear to end at 45006 so your case in the last few cases in a long line.

Now who could lose out through the DS260 fiasco. Basically people that submit their DS260 forms from March onwards are gambling because their forms might not be processed before the defacto deadline which is around July 1 - and there will be some that don't read these forums that will not be aware of the DS260 situation. If enough people are in that group, then the case numbers will rise slightly and it might be enough of an increase to get EU current or close to current. It's a "long shot" though.

What about Asia, Simon?

@Simon ..What are the chances for CN AS77** ? And, M from Nepal. Looks like the case density is high this time for Nepal compared to last year. I feel like nepal might hit country limit at the range of CN7000..??

Great info! Just wanted to flag that I know of cases (not AoS) that are still showing as at NVC even though interview was scheduled, the case was approved at the embassy interview and passport was sent back already. Might be just a small handful of cases though (some embassies are slacking? :rolleyes:)

Great info! Just wanted to flag that I know of cases (not AoS) that are still showing as at NVC even though interview was scheduled, the case was approved at the embassy interview and passport was sent back already. Might be just a small handful of cases though (some embassies are slacking? :rolleyes:)

Yes I think that is likely. Accra seems very light for example...

i found my CN in the list AF26XXX, however since i am under an exception (Egypt), it's not current yet, written "at NVC" next to it....

so does it mean anything to me?

i found my CN in the list AF26XXX, however since i am under an exception (Egypt), it's not current yet, written "at NVC" next to it....

so does it mean anything to me?
Any case that is not yet current will have the NVC status.

@Britsimon. My DS-260 forms were submitted at the beginning of Nov. I called today to see if they were processed and they said "yes" I just have to wait now till # becomes current. I had called them about a month ago and they told me the same thing. Is there a backlog in processing of the DS 260 hence the slow number progression, since my forms were done in about 8 weeks?

@TTP Are you sure your Nov submitted forms are processed? I called before a couple of days with 3 Nov submission date and got an answer as not processed.

@TTP Are you sure your Nov submitted forms are processed? I called before a couple of days with 3 Nov submission date and got an answer as not processed.

@Exodia Yes, this is what they said! that's why I called again today to double check since I've been hearing a lot about the backlog. I spoke to two different people also? I'm confused forms first submitted on July 10th then I had to unlock them to make a change, then resubmitted on Nov 7th