• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Guys, does it mean that when your Edv has your first Name as your Surname and Vise Versal but you correct it in the DV 260, there is the probability of refusal?.. what can i do to avert this refusal as every single document of mine bears the name as per how i arranged it in the DV 260. Kindly advice

The DS260 is your chance to list all your names and possibly mitigate a mistake on the eDV. If you don't put the names on the eDV OR the DS260, then you are taking the risk that got FLan denied. Putting the names on the DS260 allows them to run complete background checks.

The DS260 is your chance to list all your names and possibly mitigate a mistake on the eDV. If you don't put the names on the eDV OR the DS260, then you are taking the risk that got FLan denied. Putting the names on the DS260 allows them to run complete background checks.
sorry for taking you back, FLan had all the names on the edv and DS260 right? i thought the main issue was the ticking of NFN right?

Guys, does it mean that when your Edv has your first Name as your Surname and Vise Versal but you correct it in the DV 260, there is the probability of refusal?.. what can i do to avert this refusal as every single document of mine bears the name as per how i arranged it in the DV 260. Kindly advice
my brother, this issue has come up before. it is one of the ways by which people try to increase their chances of winning. (to enter into the draw more than once - that is changing the positions of their names). cant say much about that but just want to draw your attention to that.

my brother, this issue has come up before. it is one of the ways by which people try to increase their chances of winning. (to enter into the draw more than once - that is changing the positions of their names). cant say much about that but just want to draw your attention to that.
I think he is right. i have read what sammy said somewhere here
i do not want to prolong this topic. the post you referring to was posted by sammy as De don by then. He did not give any prove then and have not given any prove today. there is facial recognition software been used by KCC to disqualify multiple entries before and during the draw. Note that name is not the only identification tool available but also photo.
2004:Combating Visa Fraud
In November 2004, the Department established a fraud prevention unit at the Kentucky Consular Center to counter fraud in the Diversity Visa lottery program and with petition-based visas, such as temporary workers. The consular center provided background to support six formal fraud investigations and has returned 166 non-immigrant visa petitions to the Department of Homeland Security for revocation based on fraud indicators. The consular center continues to employ facial recognition technology as a tool against visa fraud, especially in the lottery program. In 2005, more than 7.5% of winning entries were disqualified as duplicate entries using facial recognition. Over 100,000 more duplicate entries were eliminated using facial recognition and “matching technologies” before the winners were selected.
KCC has made several improvements to its processing of the DV lottery entries to detect multiple entries and to screen cases for possible fraud indicators before they are sent to consular posts for adjudication. KCC piloted facial recognition software in 2001 and, in 2003, moved to an electronic application process, known as e-DV. Both facial recognition and e-DV improve KCC’s ability to detect multiple entries and to detect possible fraud indicators. Prior to this, the DV lottery was paper-based, which made it difficult for KCC employees to catch multiple entries. Now, all e-DV entries go through electronic and manual procedures to screen out ineligible entries. The entries are screened electronically for exact duplicate digital photographs or biographic information; exact duplicates are disqualified. Next, all principal applicant entries selected in the lottery are checked with facial recognition software against galleries (by region and by gender) drawn from the entire e-DV database to further eliminate duplicate entries based on photo matches. Possible matches are returned to KCC’s facial recognition technicians, who then make a determination on whether or not a valid match exists. KCC reported that it detected 7,622 multiple entries in 2005, 7,166 in 2006, and 3,969 in 2007. KCC’s fraud prevention manager attributed the decreasing number to the success of facial recognition software, suggesting that applicants and visa industry consultants were not submitting as many multiple entries because they had learned that KCC would detect and disqualify them
If KCC’s facial recognition technicians detect multiple entries before the entrant has been notified of being selected in the lottery, KCC will disqualify the entry and not notify the entrant of the disqualification. In the past, KCC disqualified the entrant and sent a disqualification letter to the entrant regardless of whether the entrant had already been sent a notification letter. Consular Affairs’ legal department requested KCC to cease disqualification of entrants who had already been notified as this could be perceived as an adjudicatory decision by KCC.36 KCC now forwards the information on the facial recognition match to the post so the consular officer can make the decision.
In addition to facial recognition software, KCC employees search for other fraud indicators as they collect additional documents from individuals selected in the lottery and prepare to send their cases to posts for adjudication. For example, they note, through “fraud flags,” if applicants (1) added a spouse or children to their case after being selected in the lottery, (2) if there were substantial changes to biographic details, or (3) if the applicant appeared in a different entry with different family members. In their scan of applicants selected in the 2005 DV program, KCC employees found 804 “pop-up” spouses or children; applicants from Ghana, Nigeria, and Ukraine had more “pop-ups” than any other country. KCC’s fraud flags are noted in both the electronic and hard copy files that are sent to posts, and several of the consular officers at the posts we reviewed said that the fraud flags were useful for their adjudication of DV cases. With the advent of e-DV it also became possible to provide an electronic comparison of the applicant’s lottery entry photograph to the photograph submitted with the visa application so that consular officers can review and compare these photographs. This process has assisted numerous posts in identification of imposters. Finally, in 2004, KCC hired a full-time fraud prevention manager, who oversees fraud prevention programs for both the DV program and petition-based nonimmigrant visa programs, which are also processed at the KCC. In commenting on this report, State mentioned some additional tools it uses to prevent DV fraud, such as fraud conferences and fraud prevention management training, which include DV patterns and issues.

sorry for taking you back, FLan had all the names on the edv and DS260 right? i thought the main issue was the ticking of NFN right?

Yes he ticked NFN on the eDV but I think he could have done more on the DS260 to improve his chances.

Let's assume you name is John Paul JONES (I like historical characters).

ON the eDV, John clicks NFN, uses Paul for the middle name and Jones for the lastname. The letter comes as

Jones, NFN Paul.

On the DS260 I would suggest making sure the full legal name (John Paul Jones) is the main name but under the alias section I would list "Paul Jones" and "John Jones". I would be doing that hoping they would perform background checks on all combinations of the name. That is one "concern" that the CO could have had. I'm not saying that would have solved the issue 100% but it would have improved the chances after the mistake.

Aiguo...if that long post was in response to my post, then it was not necessary... And I hope u should know this I am in no way related to d don who watever name he/ she bears. The fact that d don couldnt support his claim with proof doesnt mean such things does not lead to a denial...ive told u if u want proof I will give u.
The reason I havent given it out is bcos my friend hasnt given me the go ahead to publish his docs. If you are so interested, u can drop ur number and I will watsapp them to you
We,are here to help ourselvesnot to create fear and panic. Afterall whar do I stand to gain?

Aiguo...if that long post was in response to my post, then it was not necessary... And I hope u should know this I am in no way related to d don who watever name he/ she bears. The fact that d don couldnt support his claim with proof doesnt mean such things does not lead to a denial...ive told u if u want proof I will give u.
The reason I havent given it out is bcos my friend hasnt given me the go ahead to publish his docs. If you are so interested, u can drop ur number and I will watsapp them to you
We,are here to help ourselvesnot to create fear and panic. Afterall whar do I stand to gain?
really. i have inbox u my number

Sammyblankson, sent me a whatsapp of the friend's details. edv names AMX, KOX ANX so full name is KOX ANX AMX.
On birth certificate the full names are ANX KOX AMX. I have seen the denial letter based on section 212(a)(5)A.
i wish to state that sammyblankson is not De don because i have the whatsapp of De don which is different from sammyblankson.

Sammyblankson, sent me a whatsapp of the friend's details. edv names AMX, KOX ANX so full name is KOX ANX AMX.
On birth certificate the full names are ANX KOX AMX. I have seen the denial letter based on section 212(a)(5)A.
i wish to state that sammyblankson is not De don because i have the whatsapp of De don which is different from sammyblankson.
Tnx buddy

Was that error enough reason for denial? or extra checks was done to show if he entered once or more than once.

what do you mean by "If you don't put the names on the eDV OR the DS260, then you are taking the risk that got FLan denied. Putting the names on the DS260 allows them to run complete background check"

what do you mean by "If you don't put the names on the eDV OR the DS260, then you are taking the risk that got FLan denied. Putting the names on the DS260 allows them to run complete background check"

More explanation a few posts later.