• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

I was late in submitting my DS 260 form (did submit in 10 October), my case number is 2015AF00003XXX, I added my wife to my application and I would want you to help me with any information or advice to successfully get our visas and when likely it is that we'll be going for the interview. My wife is still in school and will graduate in June so I made it on DS 260 form that she'll immigrate to join me later so I wanna also find out if we'll go for interviews separately. Thank you! Henry

Follow-to-join does not work the way you're thinking, so the first thing you need to do is to contact KCC right away and request for them to unlock your form, then indicate on the form that your wife will be immigrating with you. That means you wife will attend the interview with you and joy both get approved together. Because your wife was submitted late, even though your CN is already current, I don't see you being scheduled for an interview before January which means your wife will have enough time yo complete her studies and graduate in June before visa expiration.

By the way, when did you get married?

I don't know but i presume on the entry form, because you can always amend the DS form, even right in the interview then sign it in front of the CO.

Life goes on! And I think they are more strict now. You will be denied if you have any slight error. Correcting it on the ds260 wont help. In my case it was not even a spell mistake

Yes see what he says here - he tried to correct it on the DS form - so the error was definitely on the original EDV entry.

@jay_on_ice pls wen comimg make sure you put all your little stuff like perfume, body lotions etc in your main luggage. Otherwise it could be seized at Heathrow, they took my body cream lol. And it's important you kept your brown envelope handy, you will need it at every immigration point. Goodluck everyone

Yes see what he says here - he tried to correct it on the DS form - so the error was definitely on the original EDV entry.

I hope not. I talked to one of the DV winners who won in 2011, He made a mistake in his DOB whiles entering the E-Dv lottery and it didn't affect his application when he was selected.
10171696_971034649576752_899319079995466033_n.jpg

I hope not. I talked to one of the DV winners who won in 2011, He made a mistake in his DOB whiles entering the E-Dv lottery and it didn't affect his application when he was selected.
10171696_971034649576752_899319079995466033_n.jpg

That obviously is a DV2011 selectee, we're talking DV2014. That means COs are becoming more strict and paying much more closer attention to cases. While I'm still certain the CO in @F-Lan's case made a wrong call and could have been a bit more understanding in view of the fact that the OP didn't present documents with an additional name other than what he wrote on his forms, you can't use the decision of a 2011 CO as a yardstick. At the end of the day, each situation will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

That obviously is a DV2011 selectee, we're talking DV2014. That means COs are becoming more strict and paying much more closer attention to cases. While I'm still certain the CO in @F-Lan's case made a wrong call and could have been a bit more understanding in view of the fact that the OP didn't present documents with an additional name other than what he wrote on his forms, you can't use the decision of a 2011 CO as a yardstick. At the end of the day, each situation will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

Indeed, and COs make mistakes both ways. It could well be that if the 2011 person had had a different CO he would have been denied.
Someone last year or the year before posted about how they almost got a DV despite being from an ineligible country, which the CO only realised after he'd told them they would get a visa....

Well I wish @F-Lan can answer that for us. Whether the mistake was from the E-DV entry forms online.