• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

hello >
my case 2015as0000xxxx . i submit ds260 10 jun 2NL must be in act
and i'd like to know if there is a problem or not coz i don't receive 2NL ?

Last edited:
hello >
my case 2015as0000xxxx . i submit ds260 10 jun 2NL must be in act
and i'd like to know if there is a problem or not coz i don't receive 2NL ?

You've hidden the pertinent digits of your CN which makes it impossible for anyone to tell you anything about your case. You need to disclose the first 2 digits at least in order for anyone to tell you when you might become current.

Hi.
Some questions if I may. My CN: 2015EU39xxx

1. I've been working in Kuwait past 7 years. Leaving in Jan. Should I get police clearance from here before I leave in Jan?
2. Re. the police clearance, is the form available somewhere to me now? Or is it sent to me when I'm contacted before interview?
3. My 2 previous countries of work-Libya & Russia. Do you anticipate any problems in getting police clearance from there considering the unstable nature of government institutions in both countries currently.

Thanks,
Annanz

Hi.
Some questions if I may. My CN: 2015EU39xxx

1. I've been working in Kuwait past 7 years. Leaving in Jan. Should I get police clearance from here before I leave in Jan?
2. Re. the police clearance, is the form available somewhere to me now? Or is it sent to me when I'm contacted before interview?
3. My 2 previous countries of work-Libya & Russia. Do you anticipate any problems in getting police clearance from there considering the unstable nature of government institutions in both countries currently.

Thanks,
Annanz

The instructions for selectees site has information for each country about how to get police certificates for each country and whether or not there are any difficulties getting them.

Thanks for reply.
Having taken your advice and read the above, I can foresee problems getting documents for my time in Libya. Russia should be ok. Do you think it would be acceptable to the interviewers that I have NO police clearance at all from Libya considering the state of the police dept there now?
Thnks.

Thanks for reply.
Having taken your advice and read the above, I can foresee problems getting documents for my time in Libya. Russia should be ok. Do you think it would be acceptable to the interviewers that I have NO police clearance at all from Libya considering the state of the police dept there now?
Thnks.

You've already been directed to the reciprocity page regarding what the U.S. govt knows and believes when it comes to getting such documents. If that page says PCC is not available or cannot be issued to certain residents or past residents of some countries, then they obviously aren't expecting such people to show up with those documents. If the site says you can't get a PCC from Libya, print that out and take it along to your interview

Hi,
For The mailing address for the GC at USA , how we manage it , i mean how we rent and find housing before we go there ?? We need to know where we live first in order to fill DS260 ,right ? i am considering either live in San jose ,CA or Texas
i don't have any relative at USA . I try to search apartment but in order to book i need SSN.
Please any advise here . Thank You So Much

Hi,
For The mailing address for the GC at USA , how we manage it , i mean how we rent and find housing before we go there ?? We need to know where we live first in order to fill DS260 ,right ? i am considering either live in San jose ,CA or Texas
i don't have any relative at USA . I try to search apartment but in order to book i need SSN.
Please any advise here . Thank You So Much

You can't book somewhere to live months before you go there. Most people enter and address of family, friend, friend of a friend, and so on. For the 260, it can be pretty much any real address (not PO box). You can change it at the interview and you can change it again at the POE.

You've hidden the pertinent digits of your CN which makes it impossible for anyone to tell you anything about your case. You need to disclose the first 2 digits at least in order for anyone to tell you when you might become current.

I said : 2NL must be in october so my CN is not more than 2015as00002000
could any one help ?
and i'd like to know if it's important to pay fee before the 2NL or not ?

I said : 2NL must be in october so my CN is not more than 2015as00002000
could any one help ?
and i'd like to know if it's important to pay fee before the 2NL or not ?

Actually you said "2NL must be in act" - so because of your spelling mistake it wasn't clear at all what you meant. In future just list your CN as 2015as1XXX.

If you are doing CP, you don't pay any fee until the interview.

It has been widely reported and diuscussed that the backlog of processing early DS260 forms has delayed many people, so even if your number is in the October range you may not get a 2NL until your case is processed - and most likely you will get a later interview December.

Actually you said "2NL must be in act" - so because of your spelling mistake it wasn't clear at all what you meant. In future just list your CN as 2015as1XXX.

If you are doing CP, you don't pay any fee until the interview.

It has been widely reported and diuscussed that the backlog of processing early DS260 forms has delayed many people, so even if your number is in the October range you may not get a 2NL until your case is processed - and most likely you will get a later interview December.

I'm sorry for the mistake .
what do you mean by doing CP ?
so right know i don't have to do anything except waiting ?
should i send my document to KCC by E-mail?
and what's DV-261 , is it for us ?

finally thank you very much ^_^

Last edited:
I'm sorry for the mistake .
what do you mean by doing CP ?
so right know i don't have to do anything except waiting ?
should i send my document to KCC by E-mail?
and what's DV-261 , is it for us ?

finally thank you very much ^_^

CP = Consular Processing - applying/interviewing at an embassy outside of the USA.

Yes just wait - you will probably find you will get scheduled about a week after the next VB is released - which will be in the coming week. So - you have 2 to 3 weeks to wait...

Don't send any forms to KCC, and you don't complete a DS261.

CP = Consular Processing - applying/interviewing at an embassy outside of the USA.

Yes just wait - you will probably find you will get scheduled about a week after the next VB is released - which will be in the coming week. So - you have 2 to 3 weeks to wait...

Don't send any forms to KCC, and you don't complete a DS261.

i don't mean send forms to KCC , I meant send document like my passport ?

thank you very much for helping :)

Nothing. Not forms. Not your passport. Not your driving license. Not your gas bill. Really - nothing. :p

Again - just wait (and maybe read the instructions and more posts here).

No you don't send ANYTHING to KCC, not unless you got married or had a baby after your selection and you're trying to provide proof of the new family member.

every one help me
thank you very much ^_^

a new question that i have is about my document again :(

i see this instructions when i get started to submit my DS-260 : see this :

Instructions for completing the Online Application for Immigrant Visa Application and Alien Registration:

1. Provide true and complete answers to all questions you are asked. Failure to provide an answer to a question that is applicable to you may result in your application being rejected.
  2. Please have all of your required documentation with you while completing this form as it will be helpful for some of the questions.
  3. Your answers must be in English and must use English characters, unless you are specifically directed to provide an answer in your native alphabet. Applications submitted in any language other than English may be rejected. Letters like ñ, é, ü, ç are not recognized by the system. Please enter words like Muñoz or Sémonin as Munoz or Semonin, unless otherwise asked.
  4. Review all the information you entered for accuracy.
  5. We recommend that you print or email the confirmation page for your records before you exit the application. Do not mail the confirmation page to KCC. You should bring your confirmation page with you to your visa interview.
  6. If your case IS processing electronically, please scan and email your documents to:KCCDV@state.gov

so how do i know if my case is processing electronically ? is that after i have 2NL?

post-45089-Lauren-Cohan-Bela-hot-sigh-gif-HkJt.gif

Hi all ,
Congratulation to each and every one of you.
I have been wondering if any one in this forum have received the 2nd Letter so far.
I realized i was randomly selected only later in July and submitted the DS261 form few days after that. precisely on the 25th July.
on the Visa Bulletin , it's indicated that i am in this month of October (2015AF000027xx)
But i don't know if the DS261 submission was late and could affect immigrant numbers in the DV category

Hi all ,
Congratulation to each and every one of you.
I have been wondering if any one in this forum have received the 2nd Letter so far.
I realized i was randomly selected only later in July and submitted the DS261 form few days after that. precisely on the 25th July.
on the Visa Bulletin , it's indicated that i am in this month of October (2015AF000027xx)
But i don't know if the DS261 submission was late and could affect immigrant numbers in the DV category

By sending your DS260 yes you will have delayed your interview and thus your 2NL. You may get a December interview - but it might even have been pushed to January.