• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Simon, Mom's explanation is very similar to the answer presented to me by the congressman's issues director when I mentioned the memo..

if that is the case, should the DV2015 selectees continue to file their case early? this is such a nightmare because the selectees will never know how the FO would interpret and exercise the PM.

if that is the case, should the DV2015 selectees continue to file their case early? this is such a nightmare because the selectees will never know how the FO would interpret and exercise the PM.

The FO are NOT SUPPOSED to interpret whether to accept it or not - the policy and procedure is that the Lockbox do that check. I filed early and the majority of people here filed early as you know. In fact the very same FO approved boston_aos on the 12th, just 12 days after becoming current - so his case was (obviously) filed early. They approved him the day before they decided to deny jj777's case!!!!

I just deleted a bunch of expletives from this post.

This link describes the early filing process as having been in place from January 11, 2012.

http://www.cilawgroup.com/news/2013...g-i-485-for-diversity-visa-lottery-selectees/

The early filing process actually goes way further than 2012. It started back in Oct 1998 and applicants could apply 3 months in advance as a matter of fact, of course USCIS (then called NIS) still dropped the ball back then and denied some applicants on the basis of filing too early. Then they changed it to 2 months a couple of years after that (I can't recollect the year) and it kind of died a silent death until this new Memo of Aug 2013 was released:

http://www.vkblaw.com/news/onehundredninetyfive.htm

The FO are NOT SUPPOSED to interpret whether to accept it or not - the policy and procedure is that the Lockbox do that check. I filed early and the majority of people here filed early as you know. In fact the very same FO approved boston_aos on the 12th, just 12 days after becoming current - so his case was (obviously) filed early. They approved him the day before they decided to deny jj777's case!!!!

yes, the news is very disturbing and upsetting. we are dealing with the US government agencies and i thought they would handle things in conformity and under the same standard. yet, we have heard quite a few contradicting facts. anyway, i hope that @jj777's case is resolved favorably.

The early filing process actually goes way further than 2012. It started back in Oct 1998 and applicants could apply 3 months in advance as a matter of fact, of course USCIS (then called NIS) still dropped the ball back then and denied some applicants on the basis of filing too early. Then they changed it to 2 months a couple of years after that (I can't recollect the year) and it kind of died a silent death until this new Memo of Aug 2013 was released:

http://www.vkblaw.com/news/onehundredninetyfive.htm

That's an interesting find!!!

Breathe Simon, breathe. Do give yourself aneurysm!

Hi Everyone!
My Green Card has arrived today. Yeah!!! I want to thank everyone, especially @Sm1smom and @Britsimon, for the helps and advices that you have been giving to us all. While my brother @CWH helped me ask questions, I have read them all in this thread. I came to this forum knowing nothing about DV process and ended up sucessfully with the Green Card in my hands.

Good luck for those who are still in the process, and congrats to everyone who have just gotten the new status :)

Ha! At last, the secret sister unveils herself :cool: hmn?

Anyway, congrats;)

I just deleted a bunch of expletives from this post.[/QUO

I just deleted a bunch of expletives from this post.[/QUOTE}

In fact, if the Chicago lockbox processed my case in a timely manner, my case would have been processed on Sep 5th. CWH sister's case arrived the same day as mine at the Chicago lockbox and was processed two weeks earlier than mine. The only difference between us is that I sent mine overnight to the south Dearborn address, and CWH sent it to the POBOX. Something to reflect on..

In fact, if the Chicago lockbox processed my case in a timely manner, my case would have been processed on Sep 5th. CWH sister's case arrived the same day as mine at the Chicago lockbox and was processed two weeks earlier than mine. The only difference between us is that I sent mine overnight to the south Dearborn address, and CWH sent it to the POBOX. Something to reflect on..

It just seems random though. Someone on the DV2015 AoS thread sent her case to the POBox 27 days ago and still hasn't got the NOA.

The fact that Boston FO is processing DV cases this quickly is a windfall to us residing in Boston..remember Simon at some point I was contemplating renting an apt in the Bay area just to avoid Boston FO because of their notorious slow processing times..

Holy moly - I wouldn't have wished SF FO on you!!! I think Mom said San Jose were better though. I just bought some land near to where I am renting and even though it is only about 3 miles away it would have given me the San Jose office. In fact since I am only about 500 yards away from the zipcode boundary I suppose I missed a smooth San Jose experience by 500 yards!

Holy moly - I wouldn't have wished SF FO on you!!! I think Mom said San Jose were better though. I just bought some land near to where I am renting and even though it is only about 3 miles away it would have given me the San Jose office. In fact since I am only about 500 yards away from the zipcode boundary I suppose I missed a smooth San Jose experience by 500 yards!
I was looking for apts in San Jose too haha

Good investment:)

First of all special thanks to everyone in this forum especially @Britsimon and all the other valuable members.
We are probably one of last visas have been issued.
We went there on time after check ins about in 30 mins IO called us.
He was very calm and serious guy.
I believe that he approved us in his mind in the very beginning saying us I dont believe lately is this dv lottery being randomly done, they chose people like you well educated and fluent in English and already living in USA.
He went over the typical things of marriage questions, yes/no questions and some jon questions.Our lawyer very professional prepared documentation for him to review.He did not even look at the originals, he looked at us and said I am sure you have everything.
The only concern was him not finding my wifes KCC related documents and wife got very nervous but he said dont worry I got it.
We kept quiet for 5 mins and he was doing his paperwork then he immediately log in his computer and pulled the visas right away.he printed out our dv visas and make an approval letter.
He said we are almost done then I saod sir the visas might be exhausted any moment and he replied me back how do you think I gave ur approval letter without getting your visas and he added that he was well aware of the situation.

At the end of our interview another officer came to pick up a file from his room and started chatting with us and she said today is the last day for DV interviews and we are last ones getting issued by thid field office so like Simon mentions they are even coming to the end for AOS applications.

Our number was one of last one and lur visas are probably one of the last 300-400 visas all around the globe.
I knew that if we make ot there until the interview date we will get it coz I was confident about us and our paperwork.The IO already mentioned that I was approved for my I-140.
Also just got the emails of CPO:))
Good luck for all AP cases , I hope everybody will be cleared.
I just updated the timelines. I hope it will be helpful for this year's winners.

I called boston congressman Capuano office this morning and got forwarded to his immigration liaison name Jose. After explaining my case, he told me that is why it is called lottery visa because you can win or lose, just go to the state department website and follow the instruction. You can always try next year if you are not approved. What an idiot! I hung up the phone.

I know your feeling...
That's also what I met when I contacted with my congresswoman office.
The staff said the same thing!! :mad:
Even my wife almost begged her for helping to get interview earlier
She still said it's depend on our "fate"

If I would choose again,
I will choose San Jose FO for sure!!!!!
anyway, I am glad that we meet very professional, friendly and nice IO.