• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

I'm not sure what you were asking them, unless it is that they ask you to wait at least 45 days before enquiring about the progress of your green card production.

You can also "bet" they need the fee. Card comes approx two months after POE or payment of the fee, whichever is LATER. So it doesn't really make a difference if you pay as soon as you arrive, but they will NOT produce the card if the fee has not been paid. But I'm not going to keep debating with you, pay whenever you want, just remember that you need the physical green card by a year after entry, and that if things go wrong in the production process it can take months to get that sorted out (partly because they have these rules eg wait 45 days after entry, wait 60 days after last enquiry, etc) and get the card to you. If you're happy to risk multiple delays, good for you.
Trust me when I got the Alien Number I wanted to pay as early as then. It looks like upon landing I shall get the process started with. Coz it requires some supervision. I swear if there is another way to pay up n get kick started I definitely would wanna know how to do this. Strange but true I c no past forumates coming out to help coz they must have credit cards by now.

From USCIS.gov..

We strongly encourage you to pay this fee after you receive your immigrant visa packet from the U.S. embassy or consulate abroad (including Canada and Mexico) and before you depart for the United States. Paying before you depart for the United States will ensure that you receive your Permanent Resident Card (commonly referred to as a Green Card) without delay. However, you can also pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee after you immigrate to the United States. We will send your Green Card to you after you pay the fee.

For more tips on how to pay, see link below..
http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/tips-paying-your-immigrant-fee
Gurix
Through our banking system is there a way one can get a credit card n do that payment or it's risky ? Coz really there are people who have paid before arrival.

mates another good news have received an email from the embassy that my package is ready for collection very good news how wonderful is our lord cant remember the long journey we started about a year and a half ago another chapter of the journey has been opened ,i wanna thank every member of this house from dv 2013 to the current team there are many folks have com to know about in this house the names will not end if i started countin one by one ,all the best to those goin for their interviews and team 2015

I don't know what family said but it is not "advised". You can do it if you are have problems doing the transfer before you go, but the longer you take to pay, the longer it takes before your green card arrives.
Can the amt be paid in cash on your behalf by s'one in the states?

Gurix
Through our banking system is there a way one can get a credit card n do that payment or it's risky ? Coz really there are people who have paid before arrival.

Yes, you can go to Nakumatt. Prepay the $165 in Kenya shillings, go to ELIS and pay. Kwisha. OR You can do as i did, i gave someone with a credit card the $165 then I registered and he input his credit card info. OR you can try use your Equity, Coop, KCB Debit card. I see they say debit cards work too. Got my confirmation on the spot. A receipt number starting with IOE and 10 digits is your reference point when you get here. It's even printed on the green card itself.

Trust me when I got the Alien Number I wanted to pay as early as then. It looks like upon landing I shall get the process started with. Coz it requires some supervision. I swear if there is another way to pay up n get kick started I definitely would wanna know how to do this. Strange but true I c no past forumates coming out to help coz they must have credit cards by now.
Arnold, I paid using my Debit card last week. Just follow the instructions esp the part after inputting your card details to avoid being debited twice. The exch rate I was charged with wa 93.05 kes= 1$ but oh well what could I do. Guriix idea of Nakumatt will save someone some money.

Arnold, I paid using my Debit card last week. Just follow the instructions esp the part after inputting your card details to avoid being debited twice. The exch rate I was charged with wa 93.05 kes= 1$ but oh well what could I do. Guriix idea of Nakumatt will save someone some money.
Please Update me on the procedure. Coz i do believe my Barclays ATM (Debit Card) can be of use as well. HOW DID YOU GO ABOUT IT?

Please Update me on the procedure. Coz i do believe my Barclays ATM (Debit Card) can be of use as well. HOW DID YOU GO ABOUT IT?
[Arnold, I paid using my Debit card last week. Just follow the instructions esp the part after inputting your card details to avoid being debited twice. The exch rate I was charged with wa 93.05 kes= 1$ but oh well what could I do. Guriix idea of Nakumatt will save someone some money.]
Pose,
I tried with my Barclay's Debit Card n it wasnt accepted. Just how can i make it work?....Google Chrome.
Or you used Explorer?