• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

In our place here calling the embassy & getting help is like a piece of cake but I don't know of your place! One thing I don't understand, they don't pick your phone or reply your email, right? But how did You get your DOS no.? And you said they 'said'!? How did they say what you say they said? Something is not adding up here tyt?

No - I think they gave him the DoS PHONE number.

Hi Guys thanks all for the congrats. My interview experience is a short one.

Got to the embassy by 5.20am. Waited outside where it was super chilly just like everyone before me had said,so i went equipped with two heavy sweater but that still was not enough seeing as am from Msa I was still freezing.
At 6 am people line up women on your left and men on the right, spouses are told to align such that they are in the same position with each other in their respective lines.
Body search then ensued then you lined up for interview date confirmation or something like that. then another body search and bag scan,where you leave all electronics(phones, laptops, earphones, flash disks etc).
Then we proceed inside now where you go get your number and wait outside the freezing waiting area for your number to be called. DV guys go to counter 4 /5 where your present copy and original Police Cert, Birth Cert, KCSE Cert, Passport and Passport Pic and you get back you old pp pics and 1st NL.Here they ask you some questions(have you ever committed a crime, are you married, do you have kids, have you ever been to the US) By the way I heard some Rwandan dude give a good answer when asked if he is married?He laughed and then told the lady to help him find a wife lol.
At this juncture when asked if I wished to change my POE, I did.

You wait for another like 15 to 20 minutes to be called to counter 9/10.

The interview(2 Minutes or less)

(after taking your finger prints)

Have you ever been married?

Do you have kids?

What is the relationship you have with your host?

Congratulations, I have approved your visa....am giving you a paper with details of a site blah blah blah i had already switched off and was just waiting to start walking towards the exit.I confirmed the time with someone outside it was 8am when I was done with the whole thing so 2 hours ain'tso long.
congratulations,all the best as your prepare for your journey to this land.

TYT
PLEASE GO AND CHECK IMMEDIATELY THE APPOINTMENT DATE SET.
I HAVE noted that your status has been updated twice last week.... check your 2nd NL n c what date they r requesting you to go to the EMBASSY. Please check the updates on your 2nd NL n what documents they want you to carry along.

No - I think they gave him the DoS PHONE number.
Guess what I have been communicating on a regular with TYT n something is not clear.... but for starters he should check for an update on his 2nd NL ..... isnt that what the DOS Number is all about? How I wish someone knew somebody in Sierraleone.... Embassies differ n there must be clarity in responding to queries. Donno but something is a Miss here

okay ..thank u! But what about my rapid updated date on ceac, how can u tell that my case have resolved ? Coz the embassy don't pick called or neigther reply to email u sent to them, and they retain my passport with no document requesting ...how can i know?? May God help me and the otherrs!!
I sent u a message please read it.

Hi guys,did my interview today and got the visa.

My experience am sure is similar to everyone else but I shall post it by end of today in case it helps someone

Congrats Pose, cannot wait to hear all about your experience, looking forward to your post.

hallo folks my interview was a short one yesterday and i the CO asked the same question that folks have been asked in this house there was no question that i found to be new .if you have you papers right then your interview will be easier too.i aint a good storyteller but here is my case

interview expereience on 10th Sept
Arrived at the embassy at 5;45 am and to my surprised folks were already there people of all walks .Gate was opened at 6;10am then proceeded with security checks , I was given paper # token
after a while was called to counter #4, presented my documents & answered some queries to a Kenyan young lady.then proceede to to pay US fee at the cashier $330 after some few minutes was called to counter 8 for finger printing & was served by an american lady ,was told to wait for my last interview where i will be asked questions with the CO

The 2-3 minutes interview

CO - good morning sir
ME- morning to you
CO - raise up your right hand & swear that the information you provided here is true & correct
ME- yes maam
CO - thank you sir
CO are you married?
ME - nop
CO - do you have children?
ME - nop
CO - have you ever been married?
ME - nop
CO - (while typing) after high school what did you do?
ME - blah blah
CO - where're you going in the US?
ME - aurora
CO - how're you related with your host?
ME - blah blah
CO - congratulations i will issue you with a VISA, sign where there's an X, i will also issue you with this 2 forms with dhl & uscis instructions
ME - thank you adam, thank you very much
CO - before leaving to America make sure you read and folow the details on the forms hav given you?
CO - thank you sir, your visa will be ready for pick up in a weeks time after you register with DHL
ME - thank you very much

Been waiting to hear this news from you. I remember you called asking when your inteview might be....mabrouk on getting your visa and welcome to america.
haha dubai b long tym bro how are doin over there mate ? am indeed happy bro thanks alot for checkin on us DV 2014

bro i'm tired of this waiting now ,i just want sep30 to past nw ,coz i don't know why they kept my passport for so long like this and put me in to this nightmared ? Its unfair!! But God is watching i know i am qualify and no fake document along and no document missing...why? I'm tired of this mess and waiting nw!!

Guess what I have been communicating on a regular with TYT n something is not clear.... but for starters he should check for an update on his 2nd NL ..... isnt that what the DOS Number is all about? How I wish someone knew somebody in Sierraleone.... Embassies differ n there must be clarity in responding to queries. Donno but something is a Miss here

I think we have all had that feeling about his case. We had many posts trying to establish that he had been through a normal procedure and was truly on AP. however it seems he is.

bro i'm tired of this waiting now ,i just want sep30 to past nw ,coz i don't know why they kept my passport for so long like this and put me in to this nightmared ? Its unfair!! But God is watching i know i am qualify and no fake document along and no document missing...why? I'm tired of this mess and waiting nw!!
hi tyt

I m in the same situation since my interview in begin of august.

The co gives me the visa and told me to return a week after to get my pasdeport with visa. Unfortunatly i was surprised that they told me that the passeport was not ready. Until now im stil waiting. I don t understand what happens either.

so good luck for all of us. God wil do what is best for us.

hi tyt

I m in the same situation since my interview in begin of august.

The co gives me the visa and told me to return a week after to get my pasdeport with visa. Unfortunatly i was surprised that they told me that the passeport was not ready. Until now im stil waiting. I don t understand what happens either.

so good luck for all of us. God wil do what is best for us.

@sas2013 were you told to pick your passport from the embassy? I thought embassies nowadays send passports through DHL ... did you register a DHL location where you'd pick your passport from?

TYT
My dear brother there is a feeling that u never actually faced the CO. Coz prior to facing the CO they request for all your documents passport, birth certificate n other documents.... then they take your fingerprints n finally you are called to face the CO. There is a widespread feeling that after taking your documents....u left the EMBASSY. Is this the case?